• 1 month later...

The new Ishq is fairly pleasant without really blowing me away

Posted Image

But False Mirror comes good again with Derelict World's cover

Posted Image

Good but not quite as good as the previous cover North

Posted Image

• 3 weeks later...

Are some of the se so-called "good" (in an artistic and creative sense) covers based on your objective opinion or based on your taste in music? Cause I see some covers that look like a 3 year old kid has made them. Uninspiring, boring and at times stereotype flashy trance style covers. Of course IMO :)

I must admit to not liking some of the covers posted here but it's all based on people's opinions.

I don't expect everyone to love what I love and sometimes I like what I know is a bit crappy :P

I must admit to not liking some of the covers posted here but it's all based on people's opinions.

I don't expect everyone to love what I love and sometimes I like what I know is a bit crappy :P

+1 :)

I guess it's alright to be imperfect :P

I find a lot of factors can influence my opinions on things. With me though it is usually the other way round, the cover can influence how I see the music. A bright fractal cover often leaves me with a colourful view of the tunes inside whereas a dark space like cover leaves me hearing cool blackness :ph34r: I've never had it the other way round though, probably because I always see the cover first and then listen to the music.

Lots of very nice stuff here! I'm not gonna quote all but those are my favourites:

Posted Image

Reminds me how nature looks like when I'm tripping. I'm checking out the samples right now and it sounds nice actually. For me it's rather vice versa: if I like a cover I hope I want to like the music so I can buy the album. If the music is good and the cover not, I don't really care. Buying an album just because of a cover is not possible because of my budget.

Posted Image

I like comics and this one is pretty funny.

Well that cover artwork for sure isn't my favorite from Cronomi. Freshly Cut Tomatoe was awesome, People Walk Funny was interesting and psychedelic, Artha (EP and album) was nice (speaking from designers view) but too much of purlple and strange head obviously wasn't enough for some people, however I like both covers from Artha. But this one...

Im gonna be honest here, it doesn't look professional at all - sliced Kali image added on some spacy/fire background without any smoothing transitions between image of Kali and the background, color balance between red/orange and black colour isn't adjusted well. Speaking of font, it doesnt got any effects, no shading, no gloss, not even any kind of stroke and it looks too empty. Maybe some small gradient based on orange and red towards the black colour would be much nicer. However, this is my opinion and probably many people will disagree here, and many people gonna like it, but for me it looks like its made in Paint.