This weeks good covers

Trolsk

Posted Image

DJ Zen is ridiculously good.

Well that cover artwork for sure isn't my favorite from Cronomi. Freshly Cut Tomatoe was awesome, People Walk Funny was interesting and psychedelic, Artha (EP and album) was nice (speaking from designers view) but too much of purlple and strange head obviously wasn't enough for some people, however I like both covers from Artha. But this one...

Im gonna be honest here, it doesn't look professional at all - sliced Kali image added on some spacy/fire background without any smoothing transitions between image of Kali and the background, color balance between red/orange and black colour isn't adjusted well. Speaking of font, it doesnt got any effects, no shading, no gloss, not even any kind of stroke and it looks too empty. Maybe some small gradient based on orange and red towards the black colour would be much nicer. However, this is my opinion and probably many people will disagree here, and many people gonna like it, but for me it looks like its made in Paint.

Isn't life glorious with knowledge how these things are made. :)

Cool indeed. Here's a less shitty upload, via discogs:

Posted Image

I don't really listen to darkpsy but I'm almost wanting to buy this because of the cover.. :(

Guest antic

How about now?

Posted Image

What you think about it? I found it rather disappointing, which is quite rare when it comes to Insomnia Rec. releases :(

[discogs hotlink]

Now hopefully this works.

Nope. Discogs doesn't allow hotlinking.

In other good cover news,

Posted Image

Shame about the text, the background is really nice.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...