Original/Innovative Basslines

Cybernetika

OFORIA - UPLIFTER

X - DREAM - PANIC IN PARADISE

DODGY CONNECTION - OFF LIMITS

ASTRAL PROJECTION - VISIONS OF NASCA

DELTA - AS A CHILD I COULD WALK ON THE CEILING

i concur Halifax does know his bass... check out "Pimp my Bass" in a vinyl collaboration with Dawg, EP is called 'La Puta Bonita' thats rather on the slow side though.

even though is nothing ground breaking i loved the bass lines EVP and Error Corrective are pulling out (V/A - Wild Rumpus)... not much else jumps out at me at this point

X-Dream have always experimented, even though most people think of a straight 16th note bassline when speaking of them... But just skip through the tracks on Irritant and compare the bass styles and you'll see what I mean.

But as for the craziest bass work ever, I will vote for Procs - it's really TOTALLY different from everything else. Man I can't wait for his album... gonna try to catch him live again this weekend too.

But as for the craziest bass work ever, I will vote for Procs - it's really TOTALLY different from everything else. Man I can't wait for his album... gonna try to catch him live again this weekend too.

287792[/snapback]

I totally agree... his crazy basslines tend to drive me nuts.. can't wait for his album either...

Guest antic

But as for the craziest bass work ever, I will vote for Procs

Who is this "Procs"?! I've never heard of a psytrance artist by this name... Maybe you could provide some links or more info about him?

Thanx :)

I'd also like to add: Quasar , ultra heavy basslines! (and when i mean ultra heavy, i mean ultra heavy... sick psycho mean nasty basslines) just check out the songs on VA - Karmageddon & VA - Booo .. :)

Procs & kindzadza are my favorite basslinemasters .

I also like the finnish, almost melodie-like, basslines.

kindzadza's music is centered around the bassline, but he's the only artist that can keep his music interesting that way. His bass is really rare.

Procs is more musical then kindzadza. Check out psycho forest , Jerry, Här är din framtid (what a name :blink:) & tropical treasure by procs. Very good basslines. But be aware, his sound is addicitive. :P

Dark psychedelic proggy & experimental psy use the best basslines imo.

Who is this "Procs"?! I've never heard of a psytrance artist by this name... Maybe you could provide some links or more info about him?

Thanx :)

287874[/snapback]

http://www.procs.info

in short: Swedish guy named Mikael Stegman, album coming on Trishula Records.

http://www.procs.info

in short: Swedish guy named Mikael Stegman, album coming on Trishula Records.

288073[/snapback]

Hey man, have you heard songs of Quasar yet? :) as i mentioned above...

yeah indeed quasar basslines are quite nasty :D

i concur Halifax does know his bass... check out "Pimp my Bass" in a vinyl collaboration with Dawg, EP is called 'La Puta Bonita' thats rather on the slow side though.

287696[/snapback]

La Puta Bonita?? --» beautiful bitch?? ahahahah funny name :D

I enjoy basslines that focus on the 4th instead of offbeats.

I can give an example

Geomantik by Prana has a great bass that seems to go with the kick, instead of (as most full-on) being most loud right between the kicks. That makes a groovy, cool bassline.

I don't know if im 100 % correct annyway... But that track has a cool and different bassline anyhow (and is good overall).