1. 1. How many points?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny. Peace :)

I have the best taste around

270583[/snapback]

Shush, you like Rinkadink. That's kids music ;)

I've heard this once now... it's very listenable! I actually didn't like the second Shpongle so much, as I found some parts "too much"... but this was nice and flowing, a musical experience. I actually thought I might be able to drift off to sleep with it, and then some electric guitar came whirling out of the medley. Ahhh, so. It's good. I hope they do a "Shpongle Remixed II" album.

I liked the "one-tune with 7-8 themes" approach, it really feels like one coherent musical journey. There are very few points that I really think mr. Posford overdid it with the samples (the worst point for me is the turkish/arabic melody in the beginning of "When Shall I Be Free?", it stands out too much and sounds a bit disconnected and cheesy) but overall this piece of music psychedelic, playful, deep, funny, summery and stimulating. All in all, an excellent album. Thank you Si and Raj!!

9/10

I think it is the best album I've ever heard, together with Are You Shpongled. I like this one even more at the moment, but maybe time will prove me wrong. It wouldn't be a 10/10 if there was a better album around that I have heard, but there isn't. It has it's flaws, but any album does and Nothing Lasts' awesome parts greatly outnumber the misfires.

Misfires being (IMO) Levitation Nation and some parts in the ... third fourth maybe. But what I dig especially is the part after Levitation Nation up to The Statemen of the Shaman. It's brilliant I'd say.

Oh, and more flute could have maybe made it better, but I guess they grew a bit tired of it and didn't want it to be dominant.

But as for now, 10/10 for sure

i also gave it a 7

perhaps i ll like it more in the future or i ll like it less...

now i think its not as good as previous shponlge material

(and has cheese here and there)

i seriously cant see how anyone can give it 10...

except if you give 10 easily, like yeah sounds good, 10.

I've listened to it 5 times so far. I think it's a great album, and it all flows together really smoothly. There are a couple parts on it that were just 'ok', like 2-3mins total. This isn't better than their first album, and i don't think it's quite as good as their second album either. I'm guessing it will grow on me the more i listen to it. As of right now I give it a 9/10,

P.S. I've listened to this album sober, high, and tripping :)

dont get me started. I feel the same as agia_igoumeni. I gave it a 6/10 out of respect for Simon and what he has done in the past.

270873[/snapback]

no really please tell me which samples you found cheesy?

I listened through about half of it during sunday night i think, and rated 7 so far. I think they overuse effects and it is not very coherent... But maybe i will get the thing with it later? There is a lot that's hard to notice by the first listen.

Now HERE we go. I got it, am holding it in my hand at this very moment... time to open the package... :)

Ah, so beautiful... love the new cover, all of a sudden. Looks so much better in real life... will start listening to it soon. :lol:

Ah yes yes. This is my kind of music. I LOVE the first five tracks. The vocals are incredible, love it, love it, love it. :wub:

Nothing Lasts kind of passed by without any effect, but now it's great again.