61 members have voted

1. 1. Which crossovers you'd prefer ?

• Goa Trance & Experimental Electronica
    • Psychedelic Trance & Acid Trance
    • Progressive Trance & Ethereal
    • Minimal Trance & Hard Techno
    • Ambient Trance & Classical
    • Downtempo & Trip Hop

Beside this, imagine Simon Posford collaborating with Bjork for example or Lisa Gerard ( from Dead Can Dance ) with Shpongle. I always imagiend how would sound if best singers were collaborating with trance artists and how enchanting would that sound...:)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Si with Bjork sounds like absolutely top idea ever!

I'd like to see also:

Simon & BT or rather Infected Mushroom & BT

Simon & Violet Vision, Simon & Shulman

Dark Soho & John Fruciante

Simon Posford and Chemical Brothers

Violet Vision & Chemical Brothers

Well, you get the idea...

And before i forget:

Simon with Lamb's vocalist, forgot her name.

X-Dream with Massive Attack

X-Dream with Violet Vision

Violet Vision with Massive Attack

And maybe Midimiliz making remixes from bands like : White Stripes or remixing commercial bands.

I mean X-Dream included vocals in their last album, why not collaborate with bands that have beautiful vocals in their songs, it would sound great if they added vocals with techno and dark sounds.

I didn't forget cause it was already done. Actually there are heaps of groups doing that thing for ages, from old school producers : SUN Project, Tim Schuldt, The Delta to nowadays producers : Skazi, Void, Paranormal Attack etc. But yeah, I would rather hear some gothic psy than black metal/psy...Metal and psy don't go for me but it would be interesting to hear dark, gloomy noises with some haunting voices with 4/4 and psy effects.

Ambient & Classical - Sounds great ( TIP - 12)

I would like to hear more stuffs like Jorg On Mushroom - The Messinger;

Downtempo & Trip Hop - I guess it will be trippy ...

But, I would like most to hear in 2005. some new albums from the old one's with melodic, driving crazy GOA TRANCE!!!

Regarding Björk, Simon Posford has said that if he could pick any artist in the world to collaborate with, it'd be her. Couldn't find the interview now though, think it's in some old magazine I have. His opinions may have changed since, but a few years back thats what he said.

Now you may think whatever you want about her, but she's the most important artist ever, to me. I have one of the worlds larger Björk collections, as well as a rather big goa trance collection, and yet I don't think I want to see the two mixed. I would be in heaven if she'd collaborate with Autechre though...

Aphex Twin was asked to do the beats for her album Vespertine but he declined. US duo Matmos did it instead. Richard D James did go to all her london gigs for that tour though, I saw him there =)

To get back on topic, I agree with Ladic that there is some sort of aesthetic connection between goa trance and black metal - I could do away with the vocals, but certain branches of black metal has taken hypnotic, trance-inducing introvert music to places no goa trance act has managed. It's very very powerful music if you find the right stuff, and if you can get into it ofcourse. It's certainly not for everyone. For trancey (as in the state of mind and not the genre) black metal, see early Burzum, the album by Weakling (5 songs in 76 minutes!), Some stuff by now defunct Swedish band Shining, and even truly extreme bands like Funeral Mist and Deathspell Omega. Lyrics and artwork are generally intendedly offensive though, so sensetive and politically correct people beware.

missing one more option in this poll :

gothic/black metal + dark psytrance

i think it works quite well, but good guitar tracks are still hard to find

208629[/snapback]

This would be incredible for me. Also death metal riffs over dark psy trance tunes would be massive (still looking for it).

As someone said, psy trance with IDM could be great. What do you think about a Xenomorph vs Squarepusher (if you consider it IDM) tune? total madness i guess :blink:

Where do you find classical elements in Twelve? I thought it was one of the most pure ambient comps I've heard from a psy-label.

208743[/snapback]

Well, I don't know how yoy missed the classical elements in Simons track... Maybe you should listen it once more... :(

Ambient-classical would be great too, a violin is such a powerfull instrument :)

208887[/snapback]

Check out icelandic composer Jóhann Jóhannsson and his releases on highly respected ambient label Touch... there's classical-styled ambient in its perfect form. I think psyshop (of all places) still has his first album in stock.