-
Posts
5212 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
41
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by Oopie
-
I think you don't hear enough his name praised. The guy practically invented goa. The rumours state LSD was composed in '93! how's sucha achievement possible to a mortal human being.... well, it's not. As the name states we're talking about GODford here. The guy is so good he's beyond sanity yet not insane. His early trax are full of variation. Forever changing never resting. Nothing seems forced in his works as he just comes up with splendid themes and effects. You see, Simon learned an important lesson when he was young: "if you don't have a track to write, don't". After 97, he hasn't released an (hallu) album. He's still touring 10k a gig at least.... What you need to do to understand Simon is to smoke weed (or salvia), get your consciousness altered (into state without feelings) and slowed down. Only after that you can truly penetrate into the sound and it's basics. After this you're able to understand how much more is there to Hallucinogen and how much less is there to almost everything else. The most important thing is.... my whole topic is full of nonsense! The writer absolutely has no clue. I made a Godford topic and seriously failed doing so. I'm deeply sorry and please if there's anything you want to get off your heart it's: Oopie's, 2 Michael Road, London, SW6 2AD, United Kingdom.
-
indeet my friend. you know what's the problem? it's not the music, it's you. You've been given something as divine as Hallucinogen and still you come asking for more?? Blasphemy. You have to know when to call it quits. Now's the time. You know Hallucinogen and by so prolly his genius "twisted" and "the lone deranger" albums and that's all you're or should be getting. Of course you could argue "there's other good goa too!". But you don't need to be a god damn scene warrior to realise Hallucinogen is all you ever will need. His music is perfection and only your personal imperfection could possibly lead you to such pagan habit as asking for more (better??) goa. What are you after man? You're putting acts "AP" and "Hallu" in the same sentence. Start making sense man! Those are two very opposite acts, are you really lost or perhaps you're just jerking my chain?? if you want psychedelic muzak (hallucinogenius) then: koxbox and hux flux and cosmosis for more melodic (AP) approach then perhaps aavepyora.net, etnica and euro pop. understand that AP and Hallucinogen have name for a reason. They're teh biggest for a reason. you only get depressed trying to find something equivalent (to Godford anyway).
-
oh billy! *pushes his nipple against the glass*
-
What's the damage for 3 hallucinogen albums?? I'd like em.
-
The only ambient you ever need the holy grail aka "Twisted of ambient" would have to be Global Communication - Pentamerous Metamorphosis These sort of records have just one fault. They're so good other stuff will lose it's appeal and become redundant. If you still wanna keep on listening to ishq and the likes I suggest not hearing Global Communication. Especially I ask you to avoid Delta Phase. -opio-
-
If it's any consolation, I gave dimension 5's transdimensional 2/5 on discogs. So in other words I just might have bad taste, it happens. :posford: <- I like this Posford smiley. Makes me remember what music is all about.
-
I had a burned copy of infinite nothing album. I listened it once but found it so strikingly bad I didn't even want to give it to a friend, but threw it in the trash can where it clearly belonged. <3 To my ears it just sounded very amateurish, repetitive, bad ideas/composition. :drama:
-
OikeusjyvÀ fo'shu funky bad ass psytrance if there's any. Another example why suomi=good.
-
another really awsomo track I'm currently listening. more uptempo. great atmospheres. prepare for journey I have hard time giving any specific genre as I don't know anything quite like this... chi a monar http://www.mikseri.net/player/player.php?n...parameter=18126
-
fortunately no-one quoted my initial response because it wasn't me but the drugs talkin! maybe.... anyways, I listened the rest of the samples and my conclusion would have to be: NOT good anough
-
full trax, check out! hitting the earth: http://www.mikseri.net/player/player.php?n...parameter=14280 elephant healing: http://www.mikseri.net/player/player.php?n...parameter=14278 unicorn den: http://www.mikseri.net/player/player.php?n...parameter=14279
-
I made a list of best psy choons in school when I had nothing else to do. only 1-2 tracks per artist. this is what came out, quite old school (goa) I think. hiscore - xor pleiadians - pleiadians ubar tmar electric voodoo man etnica - nice toy etnica - rotating fields tip - freedom from the flesh gms - dirty harry ux - life support technology the muses rapt - spiritual healing hallucinogen - shamanix hallucinogen - horrorgram cosmosis - howling at the moon koxbox - fuel on hux flux - time slices planet ben - ant invasion astral projection - soundform x-dream - electromagnetic logic bomb - neighbour of the beast taiyo - taiyo (chakra rmx) paradise connection - portamento tandu - alien pump transwave - flamycogire space cat - space cats process - dancing with demons pan - murphy funkopath - skweel aeon - osho jaia - mai mai tim schuldt - red hair hospital kailash - higher gnotr - ring of fire bypass unit - lunar senses oood - cobra total eclipse -chaotic circus
-
there's a track I still love enormously. you have to hear it if you have any goa running in your veins. ^_o try some p2p software I think it's rather easy to find (?).
-
Kalikaye Namah (goa,150bpm kick ass track* bhoom*)
Oopie replied to Kalki's topic in Free Music Promotion
I thought there was both good and bad things in this track. what I liked was the ~4:30-6:00 part. very stripped down, simple but effective. the melody is real killer, and the repetitiveness makes it sound very funky. I'd like to hear more of this minimal techno-ish goa from you. I didn't like the "climax" or whatever you wanna call it. the melodies after that "aummm" sample sounded too forced to my ears. sort of nitzhonot feel, too cheesy. I think you need to put more effort in melodies and song structure, but with patience and practise it's possible. man really, that ~4:30-6:00 was really well made. I believe with key changes and little variations you could stretch that part to being a whole another kick-ass (techno) track. -
earlier this week... sounds rather nice. perhaps I could do some sort of review of this. Whow this came as a superise. this jacek sienkiewicz's newest sounds really fantastic. Der Dritte Raum's latest. funky! ...and some others but these were the hailights.
-
Listened every track through one day. I quite forgot how they sounded, though.
-
Quite alright I would say. I don't find anything memorable in this track though. Lots of synths yes, but there aren't any meaningful melodies that would stay in my head or make the track sound unique in some way.
-
whow! you're absolutely spot on about the old planet ben-feel; trippy psychedelic acid techno if there ever was any! I haven't heard anything quite like this in a while. Thanks for the recommendation! they have a website of their own too: http://www.zetanspore.co.uk/
-
Jacek Sienkiewicz - Displaced Abe Duque - When The Fever Breaks Ferenc - Fraximal Matias Aguayo - Are You Really Lost Der Dritte Raum - Der Kleine Korg Und Das Echo Ololiuqui - Other Side of Odra Loren X - Definitive Perception That's all for this month I think
-
everytime I take a look at this topic I see you posting. Nice to see your work pays off anyways, if the albums you ordered were _that_ brilliant as you make em seem to be, wouldn't you play them like month in a row without ordering a new album?? I mean, there's just something fishy about praising all the albums you get and after that still ordering loads more. If they're really that good, why the constant need for more?
-
FIND ME! I always get a laugh out of that. No matter what's the context.
-
It's not supposed to be funny, it's the truth. The thing is. It's harmless if someone find's Simon to be a great artist. One is just spreading positive sensations he's feeling. Feeling irritated by that is a problem though. There's something fundamentally wrong in rejecting the happiness of others. It comes down to the feeling of control/power. As you have differing taste (not enjoying Posford as much as some) in music you feel powerlessness because the social group has other interests. And by so the urge to dismiss other opinions as wrong or in this case, boring.
-
Simon "the messiah" Posford. Simon is actually a lifeseeder from another galaxy. Lifeseeders are here on earth to help us on our way to spiritual enlightenment and to control the information, because too much technical info without spiritual growth means end of mankind. Lifeseeders have 3 big control stations on earth, located on remote places (like under the sea) where no man will get lost. Most of them stay underground but one day Simon decided to go swimming because he was on fucking fire. He didn't find his way back to control room so he took a flying saucer and went to London. However he didn't fly, but oscillated in between dimensions.
-
omg you guys prolly are the label managers of ultimae, considering the constant day and night spamming about it in what music did you get/are you listening yesterday I got Innerzone Orchestra - Programmed Very varied cd, from detroit house to hipiti hopiti, khwel!
