-
Posts
5212 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
41
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by Oopie
-
Man, almost perfect collection of goa classics! Does teleport need introduction? If there ever was a track that could be said to have gained such immense popularity as LSD by hallucinogen it's this. All the other MWNN classics are there too. And good they are, I could listen to them all day and still get the rush. Three Drives remix is excellent. It's very clubby, quite faithful to the original but giving it some psychedelic twists here and there. Also notice the great intro and good endind. Perfect track to mix for a dj (crowd likes, ends with solid beat hitting for 20 secs at least) Teleport Stripped is shit though. Nothing beats the original. A self respecting DJ would skip this track by a mile. So therefore this gets only 8/10 mark from me. Still a good purchase, get it.
-
This thread is pointless. Setting any limits to what psychedelic trance is or should be is just narrowing the possibilities. Only thing you should be conserned about is: if the music is good or not?
-
Ololiuqui is back, that's great news since they were quiet for some time. What have they cooked for us this time around? Well I noticed there's handful of old tracks here (3,4,6,7,8) so I'm sort of dissapointed. After all this wait you get the old same tracks again. But as I said, "sort of", since I really enjoy the old funky tongue in cheek Ololiuqui so I already knew half of the cd would be "worthy". Plus the track "Fire" never was released on their own album so I'm more than happy to have it here! It's what I would call a chameleon track: changes it skin all the time... you get great synth melodies (and I mean great! and lots of em), motorcycle's motor rattling, humorous little quirks and the bassline is so wonderful too... get this limited digipak only for this tune, it's gold. So the 4 new tunes, are they anything to get excited about?? Well... Two of em are more chill out (1,9) and even tho they're nice I think Ololiuqui does groovy ass shaking floorfiller trax better. The track "Flightchekker" is only over 4 minutes and honestly a bit too repetitive, a track I don't remember after I listen to it. There's one gem to be find tho, "Try To Find". Brilliant distorted male voice singing over a melody that makes me smile like an american. Very sunny summer tune, if you're a chill out dj make sure to hear this track. All in all, good album to buy if you're new to Ololiuqui. If you own the previous stuff by them, think twice.
-
...but if minimal house isn't quite your thing aka you have average taste, I also offer some matsuri releases, just added! good as new
-
Solar Quest - Acid Air Raid (hear this, if nothing else) Hiscore - True Freedom/Identify Technossomy - VTOL I'm drunk, my memory is shit right now and it's miracle I can type right
-
damn, just listening the tracks and I must change my views. "taygeta" sounded just cheesy with its melodies, but "merope" was so good! little to no melodies, but great pulsating beat and clever use of fx. one banging tune with it's night atmosphere would prolly even fit in to more experimental techno set. the 3rd best track after alcyone/electra on this album in my onion.
-
In top-5 UK goa albums in my onion. All the tracks, and I mean ALL are at least very good. "at least very good"? yeah some are even better, stunning ever-greeners hauling from as far as 94 (conflict was made then at least). who could stand still when the climax after "prepare to hurtle thru the cosmos" sample explodes? that's BOOM! for ya. they have no word for fluffy!
-
what a coincidence, my fav'e artists!
-
Can you see? Debating for Simon not being a god just drips of negative energy. That's what you get for being an atheist! The posts there merely suggest the need to be different and to emphasize a status of better (more underground) musical knowledge. :drama: See, it's no coincidence Hallucinogen is popular. Sometimes it's aalright to be in the bandwagon. Bandwagon of righteousness, truth and love. The following statements clearly show how it's against the higher truth to talk bad about Simon the Almighty. "He wasn't enjoying his Hallucinogen set" Now since when have you been in his head? Simon is above us, you have to understand that everything he does doesn't open up in a true way in your limited consciousness of truth. "He hasn't made a new album in ten years and plays the same old tracks, being a sell-out" You don't need to prove yourself further after making two of the most original psy-albums to date. Since when has it been wrong to play perfect tracks? Sell-out? Hardly. Rather a noble spirit in his endless forgivingness bathing us in the sea of sonic LSD.
-
-
I added some stuff! If you have any interest on techno/minimal/house-side of music there might be something here for you.
-
What music are you listening to right now?
Oopie replied to Sputum Rotgut's topic in General Psytrance
acid rockers - weird world great tune! -
Some super tracks on this one! How could you not love the melodies on alien disco or the intense energy on gift of the gods? That said, I never enjoyed Sanyacid or Oceanic though, so when I go and listen to the album, after first track *skip, skip* .
-
Anoebis, here's a track that totally threw me out of my chair. Relentless, driving slightly technoish (monotone, in a good way!) electro/dream-trancey piece called Stromstörung - We Need Medicine
-
Amen to Charlie's comment, I fully agree. Alcyone, Taygeta and Electra are nice tracks but the others sound frankly quite uninspiring.
-
Lu Bu, you're not seriously trading off all these classic goa cds for mediocre Blue Moon releases? Have you heard hunab ku or electron wave?
-
Apart from Darshan, SUNE and Psychaos, the comp is near perfect! Never get tired of em Sean Williams productions 8/10 for me too.
-
Jeff Samuel - Step Jacek Sienkiewicz - Displaced Ricardo Villalobos - Salvador Geoff White - Nevertheless these are good
-
What music are you listening to right now?
Oopie replied to Sputum Rotgut's topic in General Psytrance
I got a hot one fo ye: www.mikseri.net then click "radio" you can listen to any sort of music you like! jazz, rock, goa.... power electronics anything really I went to electro-house channel and here I am nodding my head like I'd know something -
yeah me too! the cd version. for 12 euros.
-
Intriga: [Trax and teasers, oldies and goldies available!]
Oopie replied to Intriguer's topic in Free Music Promotion
Now a profile added on ektoplazm website! check out: http://www.ektoplazm.com/profiles/intriga/ -
Revelation - Stairway to Heaven (Buzz) LA Synthesis - Matrix Surfer (Shield) va - Objects D'Art 92-95 (New Electronica) Monolake - Hongkong (Chain Reaction) Global Communication - Pentamerous Metamorphosis (Dedicated) more techno side I guess
-
I remember borrowing this from library. "Scorpio's Movement" stayed on my player for few days. What a banging tune! Otherwise, nothing too special.
