2 new Suntrip releases in the pipeline!

Guest antic

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So this is the "Remixes & Unreleased" album that was supposed to come out a long time ago?

Anyways awesome news as always :D

@Depths ~ No Hitz!:

We're talking about a complete NEW album here, with no remix, no filler. A complete NEW album. You will be very surprised. "Daze Of Our Lives" is the result of more work, more variety, more insanity, and has a much better sound quality. Still 100% Goa, this album has touches of Progressive, Acid or Funk, uses less the good old Filteria sounds, but gives more space to sound creativity. And the result is just amazing. After that you will look at his previous works with a different eye.

@Penzoline:

Too bad you mentioned it, because it causes confusion: this NEW album "Daze Of Our Lives" mentioned now @ Arabesque has *NO* track in common with the "Unreleased" (still unreleased) tracks. The new Filteria album is 76 minutes of exclusive music, made between july 2006 and december 2008. Half of the album was made after Birds Lingva Franca in 2008. Can you imagine 3 of the tracks were never played anywhere, 2 others only once or twice ? It's just....exclusive.

Hopefully "Daze Of Our Lives" will be on the shelves in early 2009. Can't tell for sure right now. It depends on Merr0w's schedule.

Ok just for clarity, a short explanation on the "Unreleased": to be still able to play some Heliopolis tracks without annoying people who knew them, Filteria remixed *all of it* back in 2006! After a while however he didnt play the tracks anymore except in some rare occasions, or long live acts. He asked us if it would be possible to do something about them, as they represent a lot of work. We agreed to do our best to distribute it via iTunes and alike. But you can't do that straight. Although Apple accepted our application, we had to fill another application to a more "local" digital distributor. That way, Apple, Virgin, Fnac and so, on only have a few music providers (who themselves aggregate music from different labels). So we filled applications in Belgium and in France and got 2 refusals, because 1) we produce techno music, and 2) we would not be a big enough customer...Quantity before quality.. Simple as that. So, we got stuck, and the files are still on my harddisk, waiting. But in the meantime, I've been programing our new Suntrip website, with an online shop. Yeah! It's probably gonna hit the web before the end of the year. So the tracks will be sold there one day or another. Why sell them and not give them away? Because it was a hell lot of work for Jannis.

But hush now, I want no interference with the release to come.

I repeat, we're talking about a complete NEW album here!!!

ps: Belgians, please don't call Anoebis for details, he's correcting some exams at the moment....busy times. Ask details to me.

Wooooo! Can't wait to hear what Jannis has been working on!

Edit: Maybe would it be clearer if another topic was made for it? Just a thought.

Wonderfoul news!!

I am looking forward very much for merr0w and filteria!

i love they way they produce music :)

yay!

So this one is the 3rd Filteria. Well alright - it just looked iffy because it's SUNCD14 and Merrow's is SUNCD12.

There are 3 possibilities:

- There is a SUNCD13 in the middle

- Sky Input is SUNCD1, Heliopolis is SUNCD4 >> Daze of Our Lives gets SUNCD*14*

- Filteria is superstitious

Guess, guess...

Awesome news!

Suntrip Records is one of the very few reasons I still keep a steady interest in the genre.

Call me narrow minded and cliched, but being honest just doesn't always come across as something everybody wanna hear.

I'm even more hyped as the last 3 Suntrip Records releases really disappointed me. No joke...

I keep 3 thumbs crossed.

I'm even more hyped as the last 3 Suntrip Records releases really disappointed me. No joke...

Yes, we went in the soft morning trance direction for some releases, but next ones will be the total opposite... :)

Thanks for all the support people, you can't believe how much this means for us, really

you can be super old school and not release a SUNCD13 :)

like all the old UK labels did ehehe...

I think SUNCD14 fits perfectly as 1 + 4 etc...

Or maybe do a web release only SUNCD13: u would beat the superstition.. j/k

:posford:

looking so much forward to these albums!!

Ok just for clarity, a short explanation on the "Unreleased": to be still able to play some Heliopolis tracks without annoying people who knew them, Filteria remixed *all of it* back in 2006! After a while however he didnt play the tracks anymore except in some rare occasions, or long live acts. He asked us if it would be possible to do something about them, as they represent a lot of work. We agreed to do our best to distribute it via iTunes and alike. But you can't do that straight. Although Apple accepted our application, we had to fill another application to a more "local" digital distributor. That way, Apple, Virgin, Fnac and so, on only have a few music providers (who themselves aggregate music from different labels). So we filled applications in Belgium and in France and got 2 refusals, because 1) we produce techno music, and 2) we would not be a big enough customer...Quantity before quality.. Simple as that. So, we got stuck, and the files are still on my harddisk, waiting. But in the meantime, I've been programing our new Suntrip website, with an online shop. Yeah! It's probably gonna hit the web before the end of the year. So the tracks will be sold there one day or another. Why sell them and not give them away? Because it was a hell lot of work for Jannis.

Too bad you're not considering to sell those on CD... I definitely won't buy the files, because - as it was said many times, and not just by me - I think it's pointless for many of us who are used to having physical media. Maybe release a double CD at say 1.5x normal price: the new album + remixes disc? I would even pay 2x and am sure others would too...

Too bad you're not considering to sell those on CD... I definitely won't buy the files, because - as it was said many times, and not just by me - I think it's pointless for many of us who are used to having physical media. Maybe release a double CD at say 1.5x normal price: the new album + remixes disc? I would even pay 2x and am sure others would too...

Yep, I would :ph34r:

A double filteria cd would be awesome but i would buy flac files with an artwork too (please make a proper complete cover in case it will be only files, i do print them in high quality and burn the music on a cd-r).

Is still not a original cd but is somehow physical.

And people, u can burn purchased flacs onto kodak gold cdr or memorex black cds and the result would be very good (burn files at 8X max and it will sound even better, the slowest the best).

Plus u may even consider printing over special blank cdrs made exactly for printing and u will have a hi quality cd-r with the music you purchased :)

just some ideas here :)

cheers

I agree.

And since it is a hell lot of work and quality, then it deserves it.

Even as an individual disk release, for as much as it is differanted from the original release.

I really don't wanna sound like an asshole, but there is nothing on the surface of planet Earth that is forcing or preventing you from buying anything.

Have it your way, and don't buy the music.

Miss out on some potentially great tunes at your own risk.

Simple, ain't it?

End of story.

Your reasoning makes less sense than me saying I won't buy any Suntrip Records releases because the label does not release their material on vinyl. Me being a huge vinly buff should stop me from supporting a label that with a (more or less) constant pace churns out quality releases? Right.

Anyways, it's your dough, my friends, so have it your way.

Although I do understand you, but if one is to follow your reasoning, than I should have stopped buying music around 2000, no?

I really don't wanna sound like an asshole, but there is nothing on the surface of planet Earth that is forcing or preventing you from buying anything.

Have it your way, and don't buy the music.

Miss out on some potentially great tunes at your own risk.

Simple, ain't it?

End of story.

Your reasoning makes less sense than me saying I won't buy any Suntrip Records releases because the label does not release their material on vinyl. Me being a huge vinly buff should stop me from supporting a label that with a (more or less) constant pace churns out quality releases? Right.

Anyways, it's your dough, my friends, so have it your way.

Although I do understand you, but if one is to follow your reasoning, than I should have stopped buying music around 2000, no?

Well, no.

1) Suntrip is releasing CDs on a constant basis, so asking them for yet another one is not the same like asking them for vinyl release

2) I will never pay for music released in 'file', even if it was new and exclusive Cosmosis release (FYI, I'm Cosmosis whore :)), because it doesn't make sense to me. If I can't have it on CD, I might as well not have it at all...

3) CD release does not exclude digital distribution too

2) I will never pay for music released in 'file', even if it was new and exclusive Cosmosis release (FYI, I'm Cosmosis whore :)), because it doesn't make sense to me. If I can't have it on CD, I might as well not have it at all...

I said it all. Your money, your life, and you miss out on good music. Have it your way.

Boohoo I can't have Suntrip Records releases on vinyl so might as well not have them at all... Lemme cry, will you?

You just don't follow. You couldn't even if you wanted to. Why should I buy music at all if I can't have it on vinyl? That is your philosophy? Good. Smart, above all.

Stop buying music. Nobody will notice. Nobody will care either.

Just like no label cares if I am satisfied or not with them not releasing vinyls any longer. They just do not care. Get over it. Head over to beatport, man.

I said it all. Your money, your life, and you miss out on good music. Have it your way.

Boohoo I can't have Suntrip Records releases on vinyl so might as well not have them at all... Lemme cry, will you?

You just don't follow. You couldn't even if you wanted to. Why should I buy music at all if I can't have it on vinyl? That is your philosophy? Good. Smart, above all.

Stop buying music. Nobody will notice. Nobody will care either.

Just like no label cares if I am satisfied or not with them not releasing vinyls any longer. They just do not care. Get over it. Head over to beatport, man.

Sorry, you make no sense :)

I'm not threatening Suntrip that if they won't release CDs they'll loose me as a buyer, because I know others will buy the 'files' so in the end - as you pointed out - it's just me missing out on a good music. I'm just stating the fact, that like me there are others for whom 'file' means nothing. I did my share of P2P downloading in the past and I know I could never really listen to that music. Or appreciate it. I ended up not buying many great releases simply because I'm unable to concentrate listening to mp3 and thus recognise quality releases from shitty ones. 'File' doesn't simply work for me as a media, ok?

I know very well that the days of CD are numbered and that's exactly why I want as much good music to be released in that format now as possible, so I could listen to it in the future, when there's no plastic discs around any more! And in that respect your vinyl example is totally off, because Suntrip never released any vinyls nor they're planning to, when they still release CDs. I just can not understand why those remixes can't be released on CD? If they don't want to 'spoil' the market with too much Filteria, maybe put it - as I suggested - as a bonus 2nd disc to the new album.

I'm sure they'll be offering wav's and not just mp3s. You do realize a cd is just a medium that stores digital data? It doesn't matter if it spins off plastic or your hard drive platters or your ssd memmory. It's digital, ones and zeroes. And you can allways burn it on your own cd if you need to 'hold' it.

Unless you want an original cd purely out of sentimental value that is.

I'm sure they'll be offering wav's and not just mp3s. You do realize a cd is just a medium that stores digital data? It doesn't matter if it spins off plastic or your hard drive platters or your ssd memmory. It's digital, ones and zeroes. And you can allways burn it on your own cd if you need to 'hold' it.

Unless you want an original cd purely out of sentimental value that is.

It's not the same having a burned cd that you have written the tilte with a marker.

It's just not the same. ;)