Artifact303 - Feelings -the epitome of Neo Goa

astralprojection

the best New School Goa trance record there is?

I mean you could question it  a little bit, i might bring up Nova Fractal - Wheel of Time,  or even some track by Filteria.

There are some Liquid Flow stuff, and some Mindsphere stuff that comes to mind but; 

given the time that has been since Artifact303 put out Feelings, have there really been enough breakthrough? Is this the epitome of Neo Goa ?

I think so.

quick reply, didnt fully immerse myself in the above track yet -

have to say though, I have had wonderful experiences with Psy-H project. I just dont see how anything can match Artifact303 - Feelings when it comes to the ESSENCE of New Goa.

Granted , this psy-h track is certainly bigger, but i dont necesseraliy want bigger and more dancefloor ready tunes.. 

edit2:

ive almost heard the full track on my headphones now and it is amazing!! Im very happy you put this in the thread. might make for a very interesting thread.

Well, it was sort of joke about  "the best newschool goa track", but for me this track is really something special. 

I listen to goa along with many other psy subgenres and I'm not actually a big oldschool fan, TBH the only olschool act which matters something for me is Astral Projection. So I'm not sure if I'm qualified to talk about "the essence of goa", whatever it is. All in all, most Psy-H Project tracks create exactly the same kind of emotional response in me as the classic AP works, like People Can Fly, Nilaya etc. So do most Artifact303 and Centavra Project tracks, some Alienapia (Night Train!), Median Project, Ra, Zopmanika, E-Mantra, while many other newschool acts, including some very highly rated ones, don't. 

dont sell yourself short on your own opinions. your opinions is equally strong as mine or anyone elses. no need to explain or "excuse".

the psy-h project track was a great example!

i appreciate what youre saying. i get it. i feel though there is a huge difference in the classic scene (ap) and the new scene. The new scene is more focused on mixing and making the track really fuck with your head. the older style was alot more about melodies and atmospheres.

i guess thats why i chose artifact303 for my top pick. had this been a general "top goa track" thread, it would have been far far more difficult for me to justify artifact303.

feelings is among the top newschool tracks of all time. precession of the universe probably is the best original goa track of 2015. though the differences between it and others like centavra project - capsula, artifact303 - black light, the denshi-danshi track from aurora sidera and the filtertraces ep are small enough to make preferences shift within a day or so. precession of the universe has great melodies, but also ones that are bordering on cheesy (still on the right side of the border, mind you). 

i agree that the focus of newschool goa is different. there is more a wall-of-sound with individual melodies getting lost — the more elements you cram into the same space the easier it is to get away with generic melodies. what sets precession of the universe apart is that the melodies are memorable, even though it follows the typical newschool approach. the same is true for feelings.

I think anything initially made by Filteria, Artifact303 and E-Mantra could be considered groundbreaking for the new goa generation.

Artifacts Feelings or The Ancestors. Or E-Mantra's Voyager II. But FIlteria first banged the door with Sky Input.
All hallmarks if you ask me.

Not much to add here and I mostly agree with what everyone else as already said but figured I'd comment anyway. I agree that Artifact303 - Feelings is an absolute monster of a track. Probably his best one and one of the best neo goa tracks ever for sure. I think Artifact303 in general might be my favorite neo goa producer, tracks like Magnetic Fields and Delirium are top neo goa for sure...but they have minor issues which prevent them from being like, the BEST tracks. Psy-H and Mindsphere both have some really huge tracks as well. I also love GoaD; while not groundbreaking I feel like that's a new project that perfectly nails that "goa" sound. 

hm.. maybe I was wrong. Ra - Time Current (Silver Remix) is rather 'oldschool' sound ..   As 'astralprojection' said: "The new scene is more focused on mixing and making the track really fuck with your head" .. Absolutely true..      

a better choice would be something from E-Mantra, Artifact303, Alienapia, Morphic Resonance, Filteria, Goasia etc.. :/  

if we are talking Filteria i think for me its Rotate To Vibrate or perhaps the newer sound of The Big Blue / Wormhole.

I think its pretty cool we all seem to agree on the bigger things of the genre we love. The small details might be huge for one person and small for another and thats the subjective side of music.

Btw, ive listened again to the Psy-H track and I really have not paid it enough attention before. Its wonderful. the key changes are epic :) its rare to find key changes these days that DOESNT sound cheesy.  Filteria - The Big Blue also has incredible key changes.

RA though --- not really up there at least in my opinion.

Yeah :)
All this polished floating space goa fluff is starting to get on my nerves. The Dragon Twins track just oozes with raw and dirty power and energy. And yes, I've seen what this track does on a dancefloor a few times this summer :)
Maybe not the absolute epitome but I really want to see/hear people making more goa like this. The more relentless the better.

ok man, i get it :)

i like morphic resonance too btw, but its not something i would compare to Artifact303 - Feelings or For A Better World, or even Filteria which is somewhat overhyped. 

I would however compare it to something like Skarma, Liquid Flow, Mindsphere and PsyH Project. (all 4 of which is better than M R to me)

But i completely and utterly respect your opinion on the "floating spacey fluff" getting on your nerves :D 

A more accurate comparison in my mind, to Morphic Resonance is not found in new school at all. But in more like Toi Doi, MFG, Mindfield, Jaia, and other old school artists.

I mean take the two you pasted above.. Thats like straight out of a mix between Toi Doi, MFG and Jaia. Wonderful stuff no doubt.  Besides, who doesnt like in-your-face 303??? Excellent stuff there.

listening to feelings atm, and its ALMOST ... cheesy. i mean , juuuuust almost. especially the sample " do you feel it " right at the bridge.

but then i remember "hey, i like cheesy". i mean im the one who put Spiritual Healing as the top goa track of ALL TIME. and alot of people would put that track the left side of cheesy. 

but to me, when the cheese works, aka when its done with class, it kinda looses its cheesyness. 

some tracks are MEANT to be cheesy and thats cool on the dancefloor because youre kind of wasted. But when tracks aim to be classic and unique and they happen to be cheesy is when it falls.

Feelings sits right at that edge, right at that peak, when its almost cheesy but still classy enough to not be cheesy. And i guess, that is what New School is all about. Not cheesy but just at the border.

Then you have the other side, stuff like Morphic Resonance. That doesnt even bother with coming close to being cheesy. Who needs cheesy melodies anyways. And I respect that fully..

But i guess to summarize my initial thought about this thread is that the epitome is AALMOST cheesy while still not being cheesy. So basically Artifcat303 - Feelings. 

And im being genereous with the cheesyness on that one, actually i dont think its cheesy at all. I think its pure perfection. But I also think Nova Fractal is in the Top 3 - which most of you seem to disagree with. I mean nova fractal to me is nearly as good as artifact303. I guess i just like when its sitting at the border of cheesy. I always have. I never liked Nitzho though, but I always loved those special "Dancing Galaxy" type of melodies.

anyway, sorry about the Essay

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Project Genesis vibes indeed :D

Artifact303 - Contact is pretty amazing too.

It does sound like he used the exact same template as Feelings but just made a new song with it. There are some audible similarites. Love it.

I hadnt heard Cydonia - Why before, i think. But I much rather enjoy MFG - why :D Man, project genesis is a freaking genious album.

edit: its also quite rare to have  an old school album like Project Genesis have so much sub-bass. The mixing is flawless. it sounds almost like new school (in terms of precise mixing and deep bass)! Just listening to Why now and man, it goes deeep down.

But this still sounds a bit better than new school in many aspects, at least those in the digital realm . This album is kinda like the epitome of Analog goodness :) I should start a new topic :D

the kick on Sunshine is incredible

• 4 months later...