Psynews meeting @ Twisted Bday 10 years ago

Trunksan

I was speaking with Federico (Draeke) a couple of weeks ago and he said that he would make this post. Since he probably forgot about it and I have some time to kill before going to the gym. I'll post my pics from then! I encourage everyone who was present then to post their pics and memories.

It was (almost) exactly 10 years ago. It's a pitty Twisted didn't hold a 20 year anniversary party, I would have surely been there!

Ppl that I remember and were present:

Belgian crew: Anoebis, Caroline, Short girl who was also at psynews, Tall guy that spoke Greek and has a house at Antipaxoi (Ionian sea), Short guy that had black hair and also organised a party a few months afterwards in Antwerp + many more that I can't remember

Mars
Draeke

Deathposture with Asian girl

Overdose

Colin OOOD (not at bar but met at the venue)

American guy that had banana avatar

Swiss lesbian girl (popular psynewer but can't remember her alias)

Pixiejanet

Russian girl that just came to the meeting because she found it on google

My mate Dimitris

Irish or aussie dude with short curly hair

+more

The party was awesome music-wise but too crowded, it took me half an hour to get 2 beers. However, it was great meeting all you guys though! It was also the start of my awesome 2.5 month solo backpacking trip to India.

It's funny that Federico (Draeke) also took a pic with a car outside the venue, his was with a Citroen Frog (that's how we call it in Greece) that was glittery green, I took a pic with a Bentley.

I'll just post my pics and some special ones that I downloaded from other people.

1.jpg4.jpg5.jpg9.jpg6.jpgIMG_1144.JPGIMG_1147.JPGIMG_1149.JPGIMG_1150.JPGIMG_1163.JPGIMG_1178.JPG

• Like 1

Present!

Good memories. There was a goadancefloor, it was really unnusual at the time.

I remember the spanish guys who'd come dressed as Green Nuns and who'd painted their faces in green :)

The Green Nuns set was excellent, Process was amazing, Tristan played with a skeleton outfit, lots of other lives and DJs kicked ass...

I'll try to fetch some pictures to post here.

Yes I was supposed to make this post, but you are right, I forgot and anyway you wrote much more info!

I'll post here the link to see my photos from this party ... Enjoy :)!

http://s103.photobucket.com/user/draeke/library/TWISTED?sort=3&page=1

I also met 303 and Sen0byte (from discogs) I think that both have an account on psynews too but not sure, one from Madrid the other from London, both collectors and great guys!

Highlights of the night the mega swirling awesome real live Green Nuns set and the Hallucinogen set, those two blew away everything else, but Tristan had a cool outfit, I'll give that.

I don't remember if Total Eclipse set was good, but he was there too. I think the Nuns ex two members never performed anywhere beside this unique event, am I wrong? Dick wasn't even there!

The sole big disappointment of the party was that we were promised every set to be recorded in full and later released on the DVD, and If I remember well they probably filmed 15 minutes of the Nuns... that was disappointing, If I had known I would have filmed the set myself.

But the party in itself, was awesome.

As promised :)

DSC03573_Crowd.JPG

The crowd

DSC03576_Serge_Total_Eclipse_Antidote.JP

Serge / Total Eclipse & Antidote

DSC03577_Hallucinogen.JPG

Hallucinogen Live

DSC03580_Colin_OOOD.JPG

Colin OOOD

DSC03581_Creepy_crowd.JPG

Creepy Crowd

DSC03583_Anoebis_and_Draeke.JPG

Anoebis/Suntrip and Draeke/DAT

DSCF0285_Mars_and_Draeke.jpg

Mars/Suntrip & Draeke/DAT

DSC03587_Hallucinogen.JPG

Hallucinogen Live

DSC03590_Crowd.JPG

The crowd

DSC03593_Shpongle_mask.JPG

Shpongle mask

DSC03595_Hallucinogen.JPG

Hallucinogen Live

DSC03602_Pirate_girl.JPG

A pirate girl

DSC03608_Process.JPG

Process amazing DJ set

DSC03611_Broken_leg.JPG

The girl with a broken leg!

DSC03617_Shpongle.JPG

Shpongle

DSC03620_Total_Eclipse.JPG

Total Eclipse Live

DSC03625_Butterfly.JPG

Butterfly

DSC03626_Deathposture.JPG

Deathposture / Psynews

DSC03628_Dimitri__Total_Eclipse__Antidot

Total Eclipse & Antidote

DSC03632_Tristan.JPG

Tristan Live

DSC03634_Green_Nuns.JPG

Green Nuns Of The Revolution

DSC03636_Green_Nuns_groupies.JPG

Spanish Green Nuns groupies

DSC03637_Green_Nuns.JPG

Green Nuns Of The Revolution

DSC03643_Draeke_dancing.JPG

Draeke/DAT dancing

DSC03654.JPG

DSC03657_Anoebis_and_Super_G.JPG

Anoebis & Super G after a whole night dancing

DSC03659_mars.JPG

Mars after a whole night dancing

Wait wait wait, I also found some videos that I managed to upload on my YT channel !!

• Like 2

Awww maaaaaaan.......... I was an emo 10year-old back then listening to Bullet For My Valentine n shit... Why couldnt I have been born 10 years earlier why oh why?!

Anyway, looks like an amazing party! Look at all those happy pupils ;)

woah thanks Fabien, your photos are killers too! and some shots I have never seen with me. @Richpa, trust me we ageeeed ahahahah , but man what a blast :)

• Like 1

Wonderful pictures Mars!

Look at that girl with a broken leg :D you go girl.

My pics suck, even with a good camera I'm useless.

I remember the girl with crouches. I've done the same thing actually at a much tougher environment, a couple of days after my meniscus surgery I went to a Prodigy concert at the Olympic TKD stadium (Athens) and I waited until the queue was short so I could go in the venue as late as possible. So as I'm about to go in, the majority of the people who were at the doors were those that wanted to go in for free, so they started throwing beer bottles (glass), rocks and everything projectile to the security guards so my mates picked my up and took me in. From what I learnt, most people actually managed to get pass the guards. Inside the venue, a barman was kind enough to bring out a beer keg by the bar so I would sit on it whenever I wanted. The concert was great, the sound was terrible but my mates built a little wall in front me so whenever people were moshing, I'd be protected.

I think a couple of weeks after that I went to a Tiesto event (for free of course, I wouldn't pay) but that was nothing really, the only problem I had was with the plastic water bottles, so when my crouches would step on them, they turned into makeshift skateboards.

Hey Joske, do you get to see the tall guy (who speaks Greek) in Belgium? I was with him in Antwerp too (Xenomorph, Subcoubs, Electric Universe, You etc), but I can't remember his name, what's he up to?

How about Gemini?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

No psy or goa gatherings like this around me. Cool to see people enjoying it in a club/live setting. :)

• 5 weeks later...

Swiss lesbian girl (popular psynewer but can't remember her alias)

That would have been me! :D

Oh boy, those were the days... I remember going nuts to the GNOTR set, the guys dressed as green nuns also beeing there. I also remember I rarely was at the mainstage or the chill-out sinceit was waaay too crowded. I also remember doing some gas from balloons while being high on E (following a recommendation from Overdose... :D). ;) I didn't take any pics of my own but I have an album on FB with some of your pics. One shows me and DP both being high as kites. <3

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...