Best video game music?

Manuser

Darksynth/Synthwave masterpieces by Power Glove grom Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

and for sure, the great Solar Fields for some psybient masterpieces from Mirror's Edge

...without forgetting Lisa Miskovky ;)

and to finish, one track from the OST of Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Edited by Lightforce
  • Like 1

If you're familiar with Amiga music demo-scene sound and Chris Huelsbeck soundtracks to games like Apidya, Turrican 1-3, Jim Power, R-Type, then check out Velocity2X OST:

If you liked Lunar Dawn's "Kolovrat" album, then Witcher 3's OST has similarly slavic / medieval vibe, although - obviously - it's not trance:

Also, for something more playful and relaxed: Kettel - Ibb & Obb OST:

...and Journey OST:

• Like 1

Best video game music is that what Arronax soon makes. He announced yesterday in his official fb page that he's gonna leave goa and aim at cinematic and gaming music and medieval stuff. I wish him the best luck in this new path :)

Edit: also, he won't be publishing the new stuff under Arronax name any more but with his own name Mirza Aljić.

Best video game music is that what Arronax soon makes. He announced yesterday in his official fb page that he's gonna leave goa and aim at cinematic and gaming music and medieval stuff. I wish him the best luck in this new path :)

Edit: also, he won't be publishing the new stuff under Arronax name any more but with his own name Mirza Aljić.

Cool! But I would never ever announced that I leave anything. I make a new project with new style and the other (goa-)project go to sleep. ;)

my choice of best soundtracks in videogames:

Cool! But I would never ever announced that I leave anything. I make a new project with new style and the other (goa-)project go to sleep. ;)

"I am placing project Arronax on hold for an uncertain amount of time" are the exact words in the fb announcement. I didn't decode them precisely enough, sorry for that. Maybe because for me he is leaving: it was my own feelings I interpreted. His track was the one that made me listen to goa the first time.

Listened to all the suggestions, found some nice and some boring. Nothing close to what I posted in my original post :( confirmation for me that Castlevania - Symphony of the night, had the best music ever made for a video game. I posted only one but there were so many fantastic pieces of music written by Michiru Yamane in this game.

By the way I was looking for specific songs, not a full album, sorry if it was not clear :)