Zion 604 | Label updates

Dear friends and supporters ,

After few months of non-stop work, we are excited to announce the digital release of the first few titles from Zion 604's psychedelic catalogue, to be made available exclusively on Beatport through distribution company (Arabesque AD) .

The first EP, Sonic bomb by Sykespico, was released on iTunes and beatport at 28th of august this year. The second Ep ,Share dream state by Libra, was also released at 16th of october, with a third release scheduled for 13th of november 2015 - Ease your mind EP by Skizologic .

Here are the forthcoming Eps which are available and will be available soon :

1. Sykespico - Sonic bomb (ZION604DIG001), Israeli talented duo with their first EP ever | AVAILABE

2. Libra - Share dream state (ZION604DIG002), Awesome psychedelic spiral music by Yoni dagan | AVAILABLE

3. Skizologic - Ease your mind (ZION604DIG003), Our fresh prince of Zion Maor hasbani with a unique EP features 2 different approaches for the same story ... | OUT SOON

4. ON3 - The visit (ZION604DIG004), An EP by the brilliant israeli producer Sam wallerstein, also known as PPS Project/ Black&white .

5. N.Sof - Silk (ZION604DIG005), Fresh solo project of ethnic downtempo music by Roy sason ( Shidapu / Brainforest ) | OUT SOON

Beside the digital releases, we attend to release 2 physical compilations in the next few months .

One of the compilation will be totally old school with music from the years 1996-1998. The other will be a fresh psychedelic collaboration, compiled by THE SQUARE .

We also hand-selecting titles to feature in a dedicated section of our bandcamp store. This announcement celebrates the result of a long-term efforts to digitize Zion 604s catalogue and future releases, amongside with releasing physical titles of old school & Now day's music .

By digitizing the catalogue for download, we make a natural step forward in making Zion 604s concept widely available. Over time, the cd archive becomes less protected from the environment, and we realized that it is critical to try and revitalize this recorded legacy for future generations. Beside, post services worldwide makes the physical shipment less and less effective (Specially in our base, israel) .

One of the main reasons we didnt release a physical title in the past 8 months is the true chaos we had with the post service and package shipments : alot of packages has been returned or didnt arrive at all .

Its importent to clear a point : we are not giving up on releasing physical cds and the opposite is correct. Due to that, we start to work with a private post service for our physical shipments . Meanwhile, customers CAN enjoy the music by downloading it before the shipment arrvies - through our bandcamp store .

Thank you so much for supporting us & the music we love so much !

• Like 2

we have some unreleased music from an act called DRAGON, german old school project from 1996 - 1999 used to release at flying rhino . beside , we have a lot of swedish treasures never been released from all the top notch artists . we try to find a clear concept to compile everything together .

thank you my friend for support !

"Beside, post services worldwide makes the physical shipment less and less effective (Specially in our base, israel) .
One of the main reasons we didnt release a physical title in the past 8 months is the true chaos we had with the post service and package shipments : alot of packages has been returned or didnt arrive at all ."

Is this problem solely because of Israels post office? Anjuna had the same problems.

• Like 1

indeed we had a few major problems with the israeli post services .

i dont know about anjuna, i can only tell about our shipments .

i didnt want to share those links on the original post, but people here have to understand that the israeli post service is a national office who start to become private . meanwhile, they make lots of strikes, delay on purpose packages and recently they got a penalty from the israeli communication office for delaying packages. every one of you can translate this page ( from a well-known news website ) to his base language and understand the main issues . anyway, we start working with echo post services which gives us the same price for a better solution .

please read :

"Penalty of 120,000 NiS for delays" - http://www.calcalist.co.il/local/articles/0,7340,L-3654116,00.html

"new reforme ( and not so successfull ) in the israeli post services" - http://news.walla.co.il/item/2881953

"israeli post service lie to his customers " - http://www.haaretz.co.il/opinions/.premium-1.2680418

please pay attention to the dates of the articles and you can see that it is paraller to this rough year we had with the shipping . Our label had suffered much damages from the whole thing , including paying back to customers and 2 or 3 shippings to the same adress until it arrives .

thank you for attention, sorry for this long text :)

After few months of non-stop work, we are excited to announce the digital release of the first few titles from Zion 604's psychedelic catalogue, to be made available exclusively on Beatport through distribution company (Arabesque AD) .

Beatport exclusives? So these are not going to be on Bandcamp?

It is very important what Zion604 is doing and I can tell you that I find their releases top notch quality. All the music that they managed to save from oblivion was a great gift.

A true parallel label to DAT Rec vision and the efforts of a man to whom I give full support and appreciate the hard work behind the scenes.

I am thrilled to hear what will be released on this 2CD of old tracks, and I really liked the Dragon project, good luck with everything and full support :)!

indeed we had a few major problems with the israeli post services .

i dont know about anjuna, i can only tell about our shipments .

i didnt want to share those links on the original post, but people here have to understand that the israeli post service is a national office who start to become private . meanwhile, they make lots of strikes, delay on purpose packages and recently they got a penalty from the israeli communication office for delaying packages. every one of you can translate this page ( from a well-known news website ) to his base language and understand the main issues . anyway, we start working with echo post services which gives us the same price for a better solution .

please read :

"Penalty of 120,000 NiS for delays" - http://www.calcalist.co.il/local/articles/0,7340,L-3654116,00.html

"new reforme ( and not so successfull ) in the israeli post services" - http://news.walla.co.il/item/2881953

"israeli post service lie to his customers " - http://www.haaretz.co.il/opinions/.premium-1.2680418

please pay attention to the dates of the articles and you can see that it is paraller to this rough year we had with the shipping . Our label had suffered much damages from the whole thing , including paying back to customers and 2 or 3 shippings to the same adress until it arrives .

thank you for attention, sorry for this long text :)

A little OT, but It's sad anjuna got so much shit for this when it wasn't all even in their hands. I'm glad you're being informative about it. Thanks.

Also I personally still can't support digital only, but looking forward to new CD releases, always been top stuff with Zion.

• Like 1

For sure, Zion is doing really good! :)

Well, Bandcamp has far better profit rates for artists & labels... if you buy directly there, you help us a lot more! (as for Suntrip, our own shop is the best of course).

For people who want to order past Zion604 cds, they are also in stock with Suntrip now, so you don't have to worry about post! Although I am happy the Israeli post problem seems solved, finally :)

Well... Beatport, Junodownload and Psyshop all have this pricing policy where WAVs cost more than MP3s. I don't know about the others but Beatport has (or at least had, haven't shopped in there for maybe 5 years) a "WAV handling fee" of 1€ per track which is absolutely ridiculous.

At least Bandcamp does it right :)

Well... Beatport, Junodownload and Psyshop all have this pricing policy where WAVs cost more than MP3s. I don't know about the others but Beatport has (or at least had, haven't shopped in there for maybe 5 years) a "WAV handling fee" of 1€ per track which is absolutely ridiculous.

The highest current rate for Amazon S3 transfers is $0.09 per GB. In other words, sending a 8 min track in CD quality wav will cost...

$0.007, or 0.7 US cents.

(OK, maybe tax on top of that.)

And that's the highest rate if you're a small player, which Beatport isn't.

When it comes to "handling", how about just not handling your source wav at all and simply putting it online? So difficult that it still costs 1e for every single file?

Anyway, back on topic...

Well... Beatport, Junodownload and Psyshop all have this pricing policy where WAVs cost more than MP3s. I don't know about the others but Beatport has (or at least had, haven't shopped in there for maybe 5 years) a "WAV handling fee" of 1 per track which is absolutely ridiculous.

At least Bandcamp does it right :)

Omg... That's pretty overboard. I wonder how they justify it.

• Like 1

Beatport is simply the worst site to buy music in wav quality, and that's really absurd. I could cope with 7 eur mp3 and 10 eur wav, for a full album and that is what it should cost and up to 10 mp3 and 13 wav, max. That is how i see it, and they should change their policy.

I guess they justify it by the extra bandwidth for the size.. but still!

Anyway great news about Zion604 projects!

• Like 1

thank you very much guys, those feedbacks of yours gives us the motivation to release .

speaking of which, releasing is the most important thing . by digitize our materials, we want to explore new crowd and spread our musical message . beatport , juno , bandcamp - it doesnt matter . what matters is the fact that music comes out .

what do you think is the most reasonable price we should ask per a digital WAV at our bandcamp store ? Generally, we ask for 2 euros per track . Please share with us your opinion, its important to us

what do you think is the most reasonable price we should ask per a digital WAV at our bandcamp store ? Generally, we ask for 2 euros per track . Please share with us your opinion, its important to us

Bandcamp charges the same for all digital formats.

I think you'll sell more tracks at a lower price, 1.2-1.5 euros for individual tracks and 1 euro per track for an entire album.

• Like 1

You might also consider fewer tracks per album, or even just EPs, for lesser known artists. Personally, I consider 6-8 tracks per album the optimal size, even for "star" artists, and especially for digital releases. It forces labels and producers to be more rigorous in the selection of music, and I'm more likely to buy the entire album if I don't have to pay for too many tracks (including, frankly, weaker material).

FWIW