Doof - Let's Turn On - Remixed & Remastered - DATCD006

In other news, the most important thing is that finally the pressing plant shipped the records, to me and to Arabesque and we did set a release date, exactly 33 days from now, 20 March 2015, that this year is the Spring Equinox. It couldn't be better I guess and it will gently take us to the nice seasons... Pre-orders will begin a bit earlier and the release will be shipped one week before to the loyal supporters!

Um, why not release it now if it's printed already?

Or am I misunderstanding "shipped the records"?

Anyway, that's great news and looking forward to (pre)ordering it.

From the day I and Arabesque receive the actual physical media, one month is needed for distribution to reach stores worldwide. I cannot sell the records before Arabesque has shipped to all the stores (like psyshop), that is how it works, and also we decided the date was important and it won't make a big difference. Digital download option will be given on the day 20, I know you all want it badly and so do I, but there are certain rules to be respected ;)

Kudos to graphic designer for this cool-looking take on the classic artwork. It's great to see that DAT Records is paying attention to keep the original layout and elements, but yet to give a fresh redesign. Is this same guy/girl who made Etnica Live in Athens artwork?

From the day I and Arabesque receive the actual physical media, one month is needed for distribution to reach stores worldwide. I cannot sell the records before Arabesque has shipped to all the stores (like psyshop), that is how it works, and also we decided the date was important and it won't make a big difference. Digital download option will be given on the day 20, I know you all want it badly and so do I, but there are certain rules to be respected ;)

Fair enough & clear. Thanks! :)

Hi Draeke

sorry to be a pain in the butt. It's much cheaper for me to order from Psyshop due to postage BUT if I order from you direct will I be able to download via bandcamp? I know you can send the files but the last few times you did this the site used took like 2 days on my compiuter to donwload the files whereas bandcamp is super fast. If it wil be up on bandcamp & i can get digital after buying from you I'd much rather pay the extra and go direct...

Cheers

@Balance : I will see what I can do with the bandcamp thing, at the very moment it is really problematic with the new regulations so I might just disable purchases vai bandcamp but make it available with a code maybe.. I will see what are the possible options for that, noted that you have had some issues with the ecwid system. As far as I can understand their servers are located in the USA, Washington to be exact, so that is maybe why is slow for you? I don't know more than that...

Sales will start soon (pre-orders) from this coming week :)

yes Balance-Music, obviously i'd have to find a proper pink/rose shirt to match the artwork, but it may not be too easy... still would look totally cool, 80s colors are always fashionable anyway :).

I.WANT.TODAY!!!!

PRINT.THESE!!!!

@BraneFreeze it's splashed all over the internet, the new VAT regulations.

http://www.factmag.com/2014/12/29/bandcamp-sellers-vat-tax-digital-downloads-from-january-2015/

@theGoaKing I am looking at possibilities to do the tshirts, ASAP ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Update on the Doof CD:

In our preparations for the upcoming Doof release, some careful post-production investigation revealed a few errors relating to the source material on the pressed CDs. While the CDs, booklets, and poster have all been pressed and shipped for distribution, in order to ensure the highest possible standard, we will need to have the CDs repressed. This will unfortunately result in a delay of a few more weeks - but the final result will then be exceptional release you are all hoping for and expecting.

As Nick himself said, 'It's been almost twenty years... what's a few more weeks?'

Stay tuned for updates and thanks for your support.

We are truly sorry for the delay but you won't be disappointed!

Update on the Doof CD:In our preparations for the upcoming Doof release, some careful post-production investigation revealed a few errors relating to the source material on the pressed CDs. While the CDs, booklets, and poster have all been pressed and shipped for distribution, in order to ensure the highest possible standard, we will need to have the CDs repressed. This will unfortunately result in a delay of a few more weeks - but the final result will then be exceptional release you are all hoping for and expecting.As Nick himself said, 'It's been almost twenty years... what's a few more weeks?'Stay tuned for updates and thanks for your support.We are truly sorry for the delay but you won't be disappointed!

Bummer, dude! Hope you guys won't lose too much money in the process

Guest antic

Update on the Doof CD:

In our preparations for the upcoming Doof release, some careful post-production investigation revealed a few errors relating to the source material on the pressed CDs. While the CDs, booklets, and poster have all been pressed and shipped for distribution, in order to ensure the highest possible standard, we will need to have the CDs repressed. This will unfortunately result in a delay of a few more weeks - but the final result will then be exceptional release you are all hoping for and expecting.

As Nick himself said, 'It's been almost twenty years... what's a few more weeks?'

Stay tuned for updates and thanks for your support.

We are truly sorry for the delay but you won't be disappointed!

Damn! You say the 'errors' were in source material, so hope it won't impact Dat Records financially so much (as it wasn't pressing plant's fault, right?).

Based on your explanation on delay between the CDs being pressed and when they're available (to ensure it is available everywhere at the same time), I understand there's no chance for bandcamp preorder + instant d/l, like e.g. Zion604 is doing?

I am very sorry, I will deliver the audio material on 24th of April, which is the new release date.

I cannot really do otherwise as I don't support early downloads, they just help piracy.

The music will be available when the CDs are in stores and also yet again, it was our fault, so I have to pay the re-pressing.

I am truly sorry for this and it will impact me, but hey, we have to fix our mistakes, and admitting we have done one, is the first step :).

We at DAT together with Nick want only the best for this historical release

• Like 1

Guest antic

Ok, I understand. Thanks for being so open about this - it's rare on this scene :)

I'd gladly pre-order the CD even now (and wait 1,5 months for it) if this could help somehow.

BTW, "funny" how Doof's Lets Turn On album apparently has no luck - the Twisted's re-release also had terrible error (very loud noise) on 1st track, which to this day I can't understand how it was overlooked...

Damn mate, sorry to hear about all of that.

Very proper of you to cough up for the repress

I have an old Puoskari album from 6D-Soundz (Open the Forest) where Sharaku accidentally pressed the album with a couple of unmastered tracks. The disk would play fine but, I think it was like 3 of the tracks, just sounded quiet and like he sent the wrong files to the pressing plant. Such a bummer

Regardless of what happened with this, and while I'm gutted to have to wait yet another month, it'll make summer that much more special =)

• 1 month later...

It can be ordered from www.datrecords.it guys, grab your copy NOW :)!

11150321_1087235454636865_54434097074426

• Like 2

Shipping is kind of a pain in the ass.

Any chance of a realistic knowing of the shirt idea?

I'd really like to just order a package and save on shipping if that is a realistic possibility...

So very excited to hear this!