Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, DJ Sunborn said:

Oh really? ...and where exactly did you "see" my aura? on a crystal ball? or by hacking my camera? ^_^

Well... do not believe what you see, the phenomena deceives... look behind them...
So, as you understand you are obviously mistaken...  what you see is not my personality but my reaction to what anyone writes...
it is really a simple philosophy: when someone offers love gets back love, when offer respect gets back respect, when offer irony gets back irony and when offer shit gets back a shithole.  :P

It is simple, instant Karma, you may say.

...anyway, for your information, my aura is extremely positive but only for positive people,
and the way i talk is the way of my generation: freaks, punks and 90's ravers... a generation who valued truth and straight opinion, over fake politeness... a generation with deep sense of grotesque humor and a generation who hated criticism and accepted anyone for what he/she was... probably you belong to a younger generation, but worry not! that's cool too! Cheers! :wub:

I think that karma philosophy  is a bit black and white and is not really applicable in a real world scenario. And it’s more of an attitude one might encounter in suburban ghetto environments. Certainly from a PR perspective if one represents a label or a company/store/brand etc. Imagine if everyone in retail or other businesses or enterprises, would adapt that philosophy.

I can assure you their businesses would be impacted greatly, by the endless disputes that would arise from that type of customer treatment policies. I would advice against going into polemics on online forums in the capaticity of a brands representative. It will only diminish the general publics reception of the label you represent here. 

Because if we follow the logic of the karma philosophy you just described that you adhere to, forum drama will only fuel more forum drama. Sometimes the best approach to people beeing negative, is to be positive and smile. And at other times just beeing neutral, confrontation seldom leads to anything meaningful.

So my advice is, put the ego aside and don’t let small remarks/comments online get under your skin. :) I say this in the most well-meaning manner, since I want this forum to be a nice space for every single member who contributes and makes this unique place what it is.

And btw I think you’re confusing the concept of Karma with Vengeance, retaliation and other confrontative actions.

According to wikipedia, Karma is defined as follows:

”Karma means action, work, or deed.[1] The term also refers to the spiritual principle of cause and effect, often descriptively called the principle of karma, wherein intent and actions of an individual (cause) influence the future of that individual (effect):[2]good intent and good deeds contribute to good karma and happier rebirths, while bad intent and bad deeds contribute to bad karma and bad rebirths.”

Enough OT if you wanna discuss philosophy we have the Spiritual/Cultural Zone in the Offtopic Section. :) 

This thread was about the music of your label, and people were wondering why the Crop Circles, Pleiadians and Etnica albums disappeared from all your labels platforms. And if the albums in question will come back? 

I’m not sure if we got any satisfying answer to that yet? I checked now on Spotify, Youtube and Bandcamp. Still none of the mentioned albums/artists on there.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, astralprojection said:

You sound a bit dooshy mate, I think that's what he meant and you did a fine job confirming it :rolleyes:

And I know cause I was pretty dooshy too, few years ago. I have since reached kundalini and zen and all that jazz. Hrm. Cough. Maybe not but I try. 

Yep, i know what you mean, but really what is the big question here?
...to put barriers in my freedom of expression just to sound "politically correct"?
what is the point if we all do the same, act the same or speak the same?
it sounds a very boring and homogenized world to me...

after all i didn't spoke bad to anyone, i just have a strong opinion on things... i can't see nothing bad on this, since i do not insult anyone...
at the end, if our different ways of expression can not be tolerated, then we are not really live in a true democracy, are we?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, AstralSphinx said:

I think that karma philosophy  is a bit black and white and is not really applicable in a real world scenario. And it’s more of an attitude one might encounter in suburban ghetto environments. Certainly from a PR perspective if one represents a label or a company/store/brand etc. Imagine if everyone in retail or other businesses or enterprises, would adapt that philosophy.

I can assure you their businesses would be impacted greatly, by the endless disputes that would arise from that type of customer treatment policies. I would advice against going into polemics on online forums in the capaticity of a brands representative. It will only diminish the general publics reception of the label you represent here. 

Because if we follow the logic of the karma philosophy you just described that you adhere to, forum drama will only fuel more forum drama. Sometimes the best approach to people beeing negative, is to be positive and smile. And at other times just beeing neutral, confrontation seldom leads to anything meaningful.

So my advice is, put the ego aside and don’t let small remarks/comments online get under your skin. :) I say this in the most well-meaning manner, since I want this forum to be a nice space for every single member who contributes and makes this unique place what it is.

And btw I think you’re confusing the concept of Karma with Vengeance, retaliation and other confrontative actions.

According to wikipedia, Karma is defined as follows:

”Karma means action, work, or deed.[1] The term also refers to the spiritual principle of cause and effect, often descriptively called the principle of karma, wherein intent and actions of an individual (cause) influence the future of that individual (effect):[2]good intent and good deeds contribute to good karma and happier rebirths, while bad intent and bad deeds contribute to bad karma and bad rebirths.”

Enough OT if you wanna discuss philosophy we have the Spiritual/Cultural Zone in the Offtopic Section. :) 

This thread was about the music of your label, and people were wondering why the Crop Circles, Pleiadians and Etnica albums disappeared from all your labels platforms. And if the albums in question will come back? 

I’m not sure if we got any satisfying answer to that yet? I checked now on Spotify, Youtube and Bandcamp. Still none of the mentioned albums/artists on there.

This is a very interesting point of view, the kind of things i love to discus. Certainly i wouldn't even think to go to wikipedia to find answers to "spiritual matters", i have tons of original books, but you are very right, this kind of talk is for another topic/forum. Thanks for your comment!

However i must clarify something!

I do NOT represent DAT Records (or any other label)!

I am just a DAT Records DJ and sometimes i do audio restoration on partially damaged rare tracks from Dat tapes.
That's all!

What i write here are my personal points of view or just share some information.

I don't have to explain my self but i will do it, in order to understand better. So, I felt the need to defend my co-workers and friends (we worked for years together for the Unreleased Goa Project), as i would do the same for anyone that i call a friend! In the same way, i will always defend the weak against injustice, bulling or irony even if he's totally unknown to me. This is who i am and from all virtues i value justice as the highest one.

PS: You can check all my posts here, i react in this way, only when i see others speak ironically or spread fake news. I really have a huge despise for such people and that's why i react like that. It is part of who i am and it can not be change for any reason or any person.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, technosomy said:

dudes chill the fuck out if you want to debate spirituality do it in the spirituality section duh!
get out of the dat news section with this shit!

LOL ...I agree! ...as long as the others stop as well :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, DJ Sunborn said:

This is a very interesting point of view, the kind of things i love to discus. Certainly i wouldn't even think to go to wikipedia to find answers to "spiritual matters", i have tons of original books, but you are very right, this kind of talk is for another topic/forum. Thanks for your comment!

However i must clarify something!

I do NOT represent DAT Records (or any other label)!

I am just a DAT Records DJ and sometimes i do audio restoration on partially damaged rare tracks from Dat tapes.
That's all!

What i write here are my personal points of view or just share some information.

I don't have to explain my self but i will do it, in order to understand better. So, I felt the need to defend my co-workers and friends (we worked for years together for the Unreleased Goa Project), as i would do the same for anyone that i call a friend! In the same way, i will always defend the weak against injustice, bulling or irony even if he's totally unknown to me. This is who i am and from all virtues i value justice as the highest one.

PS: You can check all my posts here, i react in this way, only when i see others speak ironically or spread fake news. I really have a huge despise for such people and that's why i react like that. It is part of who i am and it can not be change for any reason or any person.

Aight sounds fair and square to me. :) I assumed you were here as a label representative. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, technosomy said:

dudes chill the fuck out if you want to debate spirituality do it in the spirituality section duh!
get out of the dat news section with this shit!

 

They need more drugs or 90s bulgarian folk music!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, technosomy said:

dudes chill the fuck out if you want to debate spirituality do it in the spirituality section duh!
get out of the dat news section with this shit!

I agree, so let’s get back on-topic. Any news about the Etnica/Crop Circles/Pleiadians music? You seem to be in the know. Or perhaps it’s classified Area 51 stuff? ;) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Or Mind Rewind 4? I was pretty excited to see what was going to be on it, but alas. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello again, so we are very proud to announce the release of the first instalment of DAT Universe, Total Eclipse - Live in Bordeaux 1997.

DAT Universe is pleased to expand on a release that showcases one of the most foundational and unique projects in the global Goa scene: Total Eclipse.

This fabled band has been active since before the term ‘Goa Trance’ came into use and has been an innovative influence on the evolution of this musical language. In their halcyon years in the 90s, the trio of French musicians produced an unparalleled volume and variety of music that embodied the incredible versatility, creativity, and expansiveness that was the heart of the scene, from growling cyber-rock stormers and energizing psychedelic numbers to playfully quirky productions and ethereal morning music. Regardless of the flavour of a given work, each was masterfully crafted, with impeccably balanced harmonic, rhythmic, and melodic elements.

No band created as much music with this much variety, including the volume of both released and unreleased productions - something that this DAT Universe release will reveal as some long-secret tracks are made available for the first time.

The 3-CD set ‘Live in Bordeaux’ features both live and studio productions in an array of styles that showcases the project’s astounding originality. The first disc centres around a superb 1997 live set that captures the incredible energy that the dynamic trio brought to their live gigs, a performance supplemented by three more numbers from another thrilling live appearance. The second disc features a selection of unreleased tracks by these innovative musicians, both alternate mixes of well-known classics as well as original compositions. The final disc is a fascinating exploration of the trio’s early work as they were forging their unique sound signatures: in an array of tempos and styles, these early productions provide a glimpse into the evolution of this unique band’s distinctive music.

A stunning release that is sure to be prized by collectors and fans of the best psychedelic electronic music of the 1990s!

Available June 23:

https://datuniverse.bandcamp.com/album/bordeaux-live-1997

Hopefully this will please you all and get back on track with the regular flow of news and music related comments.

I really appreciate the intervention of DJ Sunborn and Imba who contributed sapiently to the discussion :) 
Cheers!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's seriously so so sick. I'm listening right now, absolutely fantastic. Nice comeback DAT! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/11/2021 at 6:35 AM, juril said:

Why the name change from Dat Records to Dat Universe?

I bet it's related to the long delay between releases and maybe best understood as a personal choice and one he'll likely share if he feels it's relevant and/or comfortable with sharing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/11/2021 at 11:35 PM, juril said:

Why the name change from Dat Records to Dat Universe?

the name sais it all, with different styles sublabels etc coming, making dat more diverse or universal kind of fits the bill i reckon

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, technosomy said:

the name sais it all, with different styles sublabels etc coming, making dat more diverse or universal kind of fits the bill i reckon

Ooooh, I like that perspective especially when the majority of releases are not on record and there will likely be an increase of digital-only releases! =)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/22/2021 at 2:13 AM, technosomy said:

omg the total eclipse album is amazing!
i have such an affinity with them as violent relaxation was the first goa album i ever purchased well done all involved, highly recommended

Very true, nice come-back from the DAT crew B).

Hoping same quality releases for the future !

:wub:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...