Goa Trance artists who do not take drugs.

ollylovesgoa

I hope this is just poor English or a joke post? To condem all drugs as "bad" is simply silly.. And to say psychedelics ruin creativity? On a psychedelic music forum? Your forum even heh..

Just.. Weird.

Each to their own and everyone should choose what they do for themselves. But let's not say drugs cannot be a positive part of growing as a human being. It's all in how they are used...

True words.. I'm not really into the goa scene that much and so I don't know if this is a hot topic there, but on the night/fullon/dark/twilight/how ever you call it piece of the psytrance scene this is just no topic at all. It's like you say, take it or don't, coudn't care less. At end you need to know what brings the psychedlic expierence to you - you are probably looking for if you join such events and if it is good or bad for your own mind.

Also know a lot of thoses people that changed their way of live quite signifantly after taking the hippie-drug the first time (and I'm one of them), but I must say that only very few of them changed in a negative direction. So I don't agree with the "your life is over if you touch it".. yes my old way of life way over, but a better one began (this is NO push to anyone.. if you understood it like that read the first chapter agian).

And about psy/goa artist that admit that they never took anything (not that I ever asked, or know one).. I either don't believe it, or must say that they choose the wrong genre.

Reminds me on a good a quote "psytrance is the kind of music that sounds better or drugs, isn't it? No, it's the kind of music that sounds like drugs".

So what the hell are they doing on such a gerne full of flyhigh hippies if they have no idea how the audience percepts their music... I mean the only worse group of ppl I know when it comes how much drugs are consumed on a party are the free-tek folks, so quite strange if some artist lies on this because of his reputation.. it wouldn't make a difference if he answers differenty.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It´s so funny to read things like psytrance sounds like drugs and making them an every day thing like drinking coke. Drugs are very bad and have bad effect on the health state of people, phisically and psychically, so to talk psytrance sounds like drugs is rediculous. I appreciate goa trance without taking drugs and I learned about the genre without the influence of drugs. The few times I smoked a joint I did not even like it a lot, it opened my brain sttate and I felt more free, it does wrong things. It opens parts of the brain that should stay closed, it compeltely changes your perception and does things on your brain that are not right, so being that positive about this is silly.

There might be drugs that have a good effect and are weak, but from tellings of friends most drugs are very strong and therefore not needed. You don`t need something that changes your perception completely to experience psychedelic and goa trance, much etter ways to experience it well. Buy a good soundcard, buy great headphones or speakers, buy good lighing that can make you feel more confortable, maybe candlelights or something similar. Look at great girls so you get a better mood, go travel at some places and eat very healthy vegetables and stuff that give your brain vitamins so it can work better and you can experience music better. chickpeas, Gingko, soja beans, whatever. All those things will make the xperience of music goa trance much much better and it will help you in other things, improve your state of body, whereas drugs mostly will damage your body a lot. Maybe I am informed wrongly and there are drugs that don`t harm your body, but even the soft drug cannabis does have a bad effect on your body, For sure many other drugs like ecstasy have much worse effect on your body and may decrease intelligence state or affect health state a bit, therefore drugs are not good and they for sure are not neccesary for goa trance and psy trance.

It´s so funny to read things like psytrance sounds like drugs and making them an every day thing like drinking coke. Drugs are very bad and have bad effect on the health state of people, phisically and psychically, so to talk psytrance sounds like drugs is rediculous. I appreciate goa trance without taking drugs and I learned about the genre without the influence of drugs. The few times I smoked a joint I did not even like it a lot, it opened my brain sttate and I felt more free, it does wrong things. It opens parts of the brain that should stay closed, it compeltely changes your perception and does things on your brain that are not right, so being that positive about this is silly.

Read my post again, or better.. understand it before you flame it and stop taking about stuff you have no idea about. You say you never did more than somking a joint (and I beleve you), so how do you want to know how electronic music sound like if you'r on drungs? Or better, how do you know that psy doesn't?

And about the rest of the bla.. quote of my post above:

> At end you need to know what brings the psychedlic expierence to you

if its headphones and a good soundcard for you, great.. I don't care, I just hate ppl takling about stuff they have no idea about. It's like an illiterate discussing about literature

It might sound like the biggest and longest orgasm that lasts several hours, but even if it does, when drugs are unhealthy it does not matter how it will sound under psychedelics. Drugs that wont cause any harm to your body or brain at all may be ok, but not some that will. I know even from cannabis that it opens parts of brains and allows actions that normally should never be open or allowed. You can access any part of your brain with enough cannabis and use that in a bad way, so I don`t even want to think what really big drugs will do to you. Even cannabis sets you ina wrong state of mind that is just fake. it puts you free and disables any mechanisms that stop you from doing silly things. People who smoke joints regularely say that they make you talk better stuff that makes more sence, but that is only what you believe, it is not the truth. Healthy vegetables and vitamins can help your brain to use it in a better way, but not a joint, it will make you dumber and dependant, if you allow it. Many mates of me are dependant, have very little money and use it all for cannabis.

So even when cannabis does get your mood a big higher, the other effects are pretty bad and can be dangerous, because it unlocks everything, pretty bad stuff.

I would try a drug if it is soft and wont unlock parts of my brain, that are looked normally, it should also not have any negative effect on my health state.

man.. this is the last reply I do on any of your post.. it's ridiculous. Where did I wrote anything about harm or unhealthmess of drugs? I wrote that if you take some of that e0vl stuff techno will start to sound like psytrance, and for me the really big drugs didn't do any harm.. but don't know what really big drugs are.. as there are huge differences from between lsd to ketamin for instance when it comes to the toxic effects on your body or what longterm influence it has on the neural network in your brain...

As long as someone is in control it's ok. But when someone approach you on party or just on street talking you bullshits, annoying you nonstop, you try to go away but he following you, you said to stop but he do it anyway then it's far from ok. It's bad, but more bad to someone who can end with broken bones.

Ofcourse it is personal choice. I never tried nothing stronger than weed and i hope i won't. Simply, i don't support drugs.

I think we all went to off topic. This is topic that should show some kind of tribute/respect to artists that doesn't use drugs. Now we have some people that actually support drugs in here. That's just wrong.

I think we all went to off topic. This is topic that should show some kind of tribute/respect to artists that doesn't use drugs. Now we have some people that actually support drugs in here. That's just wrong.

Just to make it clear once again.. I don't support anyone taking drugs, nor I discourage him. It's his. and only his decision.. if my posts sound like advertising it I'm sorry for, it's just my personal experience I share.. if you'r in doubt it's the better option to don't take it

.. but back to topic ;)

I'd call DSotM psychedelic, very much so.

A matter of taste and experience (or perception) of the music, there is a shitload of progressive metal albums that I find psychedelic (and had some psychedelic trips while listening to it), even more than some goa or psytrance stuff, but I never considered any of them to be actually psychedelic by some standard musical definition. Same thing with DSOTM (which is btw great PF album, but it's far from the real psychedelic rock that has been presented through their early works on UG or ASOS or TPATGOD.

Ontopic: Drugs meets Goa trance = F.S.

It is not personal life choises, it is very bad and damages the brain and body

you surely mean alcohol. it's the most damaging drug to the brain and body, that you'll run into regularly in the psy scene. cannabis, lsd or mushrooms may be unsettling to the psyche (even intensely so in susceptible individuals), but they're certainly not harmful to the brain and body. even mdma, according to recent studies, is only lightly damaging to the body and most likely not damaging to the brain with reasonable doses and a responsible usage pattern (<150mg per night and not more often than once every two months). even opiates, although extremely addictive, are not at all harmful for the brain or body. if you are addicted to pharmaceutical (!) opioids, you have exactly the same life expectance as any other person not on opioids and a longer life expecance than someone who drinks alcohol regularly.

But when someone approach you on party or just on street talking you bullshits, annoying you nonstop, you try to go away but he following you, you said to stop but he do it anyway then it's far from ok.

that also something that has only ever happened to me with drunk people. people on amphetamines are much quicker to realize when you are not interested in what they're talking about and people on mdma ime often ask if it's ok that they're talking so much bullshit to you every few minutes. although, that can get annoying too, especially if you are actually having a meaningful conversation with that person despite their intoxication ;)

i'm not a professional, but you can add me to the list of people that have never produced music under the influence of anything (including alcohol and cannabis).

I would bet all the money I have (and even the money I don't have) that most psy trance producers do (or have done) drugs, whether they admit to it or not. When it comes to when they are actually producing music, it may well be that most of the time they are relatively sober.

At the same time, can excess drugs interfere with creativity and making music? Excess drugs can interfere with lots of things. But for me personally, on balance I can safely say drugs have been a wonderful thing over the decades.

Pedro

I believe I have told this story in the past, but several years ago I was at a party and after a live set was approached by an individual who expressed his appreciation of my music and continued to babble on about how much he liked it and all and often listened to it at home, for which I thanked him. Then he proceeds to ask me what drugs I take when I write music. I told him I don't and never have taken drugs and they don't hold any appeal to me. He laughed and then reassured me that it was ok to tell him the truth because he wanted to make music too and really wanted to know what drugs I took to make the music I make. I again told him I don't and have never done drugs period. Again he laughed and said I could stop joking now. This exchanged continued for a few minutes until he finally realized that I was indeed dead serious that I do not and never have done drugs ever. Once this sunk in, he got belligerent, and starts yelling about how I am just a poser and my music, which five minutes ago was great, sucks and eventually stormed off.

While I find this amusing enough in and of itself, perhaps more amusing is I have had similar conversations a number of times over the years.

Um, so yeah, I was one of those artists who didn't use drugs... :)

Of course Cosmosis was doing psychedelics - look at like half his track names..

Also:

1. Caffeine, nicotine, and alcohol are far worse to take regularly than psychedelics. Talk about killing creativity!

2. LSD, Mushrooms, Mescaline, and DMT are non-toxic to the body/brain. Rather, they have great transformative powers.

3. There is no single "message" from psychedelics - those people who said they "got the message so hung up the phone" probably still drink caffeine and alcohol - in my opinion the real reason people quit psychedelics is because it continually confronts them with changes they could make in their life, and with their deeper issues, and most people become less comfortable with change as they age.

4. Basically, psychedelics require courage and a questing mind - alcohol, caffeine, and nicotine (and coke, heroin, speed, pills) are easy highs that provide no challenge - that's why most people eventually switch out of psychedelics into the easy drugs.

5. I hope to be dancing to psytrance on psilocybin like I do now when I'm 100 years old :P

Really nice post Healium :)

In the end it doesn't matter to me really as long as I like the music. I respect my favourite artists for their musical ability. Drugs or not! But I guess if someone like Derango said they never took psychs I would be shocked lol.. :)

we live in a world of hypocrites, that's the problem... noone does drugs but go to a party and everyone is high, same for sports: no one takes dopping substances but everyone ends up testing postive somewhere along their careers, and politicians will make a long speach on the war on drugs just after snorting a line of coke!!!

So yeah, personally I rarely believe someone in the psy scene who claims never to have tried any drugs (which doesn't mean that there aren't exceptions of course).

Of course Cosmosis was doing psychedelics - look at like half his track names..

Also:

1. Caffeine, nicotine, and alcohol are far worse to take regularly than psychedelics. Talk about killing creativity!

2. LSD, Mushrooms, Mescaline, and DMT are non-toxic to the body/brain. Rather, they have great transformative powers.

3. There is no single "message" from psychedelics - those people who said they "got the message so hung up the phone" probably still drink caffeine and alcohol - in my opinion the real reason people quit psychedelics is because it continually confronts them with changes they could make in their life, and with their deeper issues, and most people become less comfortable with change as they age.

4. Basically, psychedelics require courage and a questing mind - alcohol, caffeine, and nicotine (and coke, heroin, speed, pills) are easy highs that provide no challenge - that's why most people eventually switch out of psychedelics into the easy drugs.

5. I hope to be dancing to psytrance on psilocybin like I do now when I'm 100 years old :P

I'm with you man...

Sometimes people ask "when do you think you'll stop taking drugs" - I reply "never". Although I don't take mushies and dance,, for me mushies are more of chill-out thing, whenever I've taken mushies at a party everything just pisses me off, the music, the people, the lights, if there's no chill-out room, I usually leave quickly. LSD on the other hand :ph34r: :ph34r: B) B).

However, I will partially agree with "got the message so hung up the phone", I think there are can be times in one's life that there's no need or desire for psychedelics.

On topic... I'm really curious as to which ones are sober, although I have noticed that most artists have a drink while playing and some smoke a little joint.

OTT is a special case, he was once DJing at the chill out room and eating a plate of pasta at the same time, it was hilarious, the pasta drooling from his mouth and him tweaking the knobs :lol: :lol: :lol:

A little bit off-topic:

BEWARE of the new breed of tryptamines NBOxx, DOx, AMT, x-AMT. Sometimes ppl sell them as LSD but they are tottaly different and have lead to deaths because of physical symptoms, they can be toxic, unlike LSD or mushies. The DOx series can last up to 30 hours. The easiest way to distinguish them is the bitter metallic taste, if your blotter or liquid is bitter IT'S NOT LSD.

They are great substances but need special care.

I think that we're all different and each person got his own way how to express his creativity, imagination and ideas, especially in music. Somebody will probably be more imaginative and creative while doing drugs, but that doesn't mean that someone else isn't creative enough if he uses his own imagination which isn't supported with psychedelics. So I agree with Michael and his conclusion:

In the end it doesn't matter to me really as long as I like the music. I respect my favourite artists for their musical ability. Drugs or not!

I believe I have told this story in the past, but several years ago I was at a party and after a live set was approached by an individual who expressed his appreciation of my music and continued to babble on about how much he liked it and all and often listened to it at home, for which I thanked him. Then he proceeds to ask me what drugs I take when I write music. I told him I don't and never have taken drugs and they don't hold any appeal to me. He laughed and then reassured me that it was ok to tell him the truth because he wanted to make music too and really wanted to know what drugs I took to make the music I make. I again told him I don't and have never done drugs period. Again he laughed and said I could stop joking now. This exchanged continued for a few minutes until he finally realized that I was indeed dead serious that I do not and never have done drugs ever. Once this sunk in, he got belligerent, and starts yelling about how I am just a poser and my music, which five minutes ago was great, sucks and eventually stormed off.

:lol:

I think that we're all different and each person got his own way how to express his creativity, imagination and ideas, especially in music. Somebody will probably be more imaginative and creative while doing drugs, but that doesn't mean that someone else isn't creative enough if he uses his own imagination which isn't supported with psychedelics. So I agree with Michael and his conclusion:

+1

If you have tracks named by drugs it doesn't mean that you used the same.

It can be just commercial stuff... some people will listen to specific track just because track is named LSD, DMT, THC... it can be good promotion imo. I used some samples about drugs... just because i like how they sound ;)

A little bit off-topic:

BEWARE of the new breed of tryptamines NBOxx, DOx, AMT, x-AMT. Sometimes ppl sell them as LSD but they are tottaly different and have lead to deaths because of physical symptoms, they can be toxic, unlike LSD or mushies. The DOx series can last up to 30 hours. The easiest way to distinguish them is the bitter metallic taste, if your blotter or liquid is bitter IT'S NOT LSD.

They are great substances but need special care.

amt isn't new. it has been around since the 60s and is not any more dangerous than mdma. 5-meo-amt is a wholly different story though. i also wouldn't group the DOx type compounds, which can be more problematic than lsd, especially when expecting lsd together with the NBOMe's. the latter have lead some deaths and much more unpleasant after- or longterm-effects. what is interesting about the NBOMe's is that they're not active orally. so if you don't know for sure if it's lsd or a NBOMe you're getting, you can put them into a capsule and swallow that; if there's lsd on the blotter you will feel the effects, if it's a NBOMe you'll feel nothing. of course this sadly does not help with 5-meo-amt or a DOx. (amt needs a way higher dose anyway, so it wouldn't work on a blotter paper at all).

Yea I'm spooked about acid anymore - what with NBOMe's and DOx type substances out there..

More people should grow T. bridgesii, T. pachanoi, and T. peruvianus cacti though - concentrated/extracted syrup from those is a superb psychedelic, and at lower doses is the perfect all day/all evening type of thing for festivals or a day at the beach or hiking or whatever.. Higher doses is full visionary immersion and transcendence. Those species are legal in pretty much every country on earth and are gorgeous, fast growing cacti as well..

they are non-toxic yes.

But they can leave deep damage to psyche, soul, and your mental capacity. You can gain alot, true, but you can destroy alot too. Just becaase they are non-toxic does NOT equal safe. They are extremely volatile and unpredictable. Heed my words. Heed them.