Underrated Artists

Shpongled247

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For example Indoor is a legendary group. They may not popular to younger audiences, but they're considered legends of Goa. Darshan are usually the very first group that get mentioned when somebody asks for darker Goa. Planet BEN is one of the most popular early prog artists. BOTFB are considered the best Forest Goa group ever (although I'm sure D-Dave was joking). Spirallianz are the most popular techtrance group together with Midi Miliz. Psychopod are...Koxbox.

A lot of the artists mentioned here are very popular and known, I don't think you can call them underrated.

For me underrated artists are the ones that rarely get mentioned when talking for best Goa/Psy although they have great tracks. Bypass Unit is a great example. They have a unique sound, three albums, but they're not that popular. Other great choices are Sundog, Ololiuqui and Mindfield.

For example Indoor is a legendary group. They may not popular to younger audiences, but they're considered legends of Goa. Darshan are usually the very first group that get mentioned when somebody asks for darker Goa. Planet BEN is one of the most popular early prog artists. BOTFB are considered the best Forest Goa group ever (although I'm sure D-Dave was joking). Spirallianz are the most popular techtrance group together with Midi Miliz. Psychopod are...Koxbox.

A lot of the artists mentioned here are very popular and known, I don't think you can call them underrated.

For me underrated artists are the ones that rarely get mentioned when talking for best Goa/Psy although they have great tracks. Bypass Unit is a great example. They have a unique sound, three albums, but they're not that popular. Other great choices are Sundog, Ololiuqui and Mindfield.

No they are not. Indoor might be great for you, but they are not being discussed a lot and I find them impressive aswell. When we talk about the best tracks or similar noone mentions a track of them, altough the whole album is impressive in my opinion. Every single track by Indoor is incredible and has so many emotions, also the two Inscape tracks.

Even the fact that two of the three Indoor members are legends of their own (Avi Algranati and Ofer Dikovsky) I find hard to call Indoor underrated. They may not be as popular as AP or MFG, but for a group that have relased only onE album they're pretty known IMO.

Oforia/Tandu/Indoor/Pigs in space: the same more or less anyway ? How on earth can they be underrated ? :huh:

-The sound is very different from one group to the other. while indoor is happy, Tandu is psychedelic and Twisted and Oforia is very melanchoic and sad.

I've only heard indoor - the keyand found it aaverage at best. So never bothered to check out the album.

you should check out shiva and maybe vertigo. shiva is on the lighter, trancier side, but still pure goa. and iirc also by far their most popular track. maybe they'd qualify for the one-hit-wonder thread ;)