admit Psytrance is shit

goa pride

Yeah most under psy trance is rubbish for the last half decade IMO. Especially the "prog" stuff on Iono, Blue Tunes etc. the quality is wonderful sound wise but give me the early '00 minimal & prog styles any day. Especially the likes of Son Kite, Intact Instinct, The Delta, COP etc.

I didn't know that video before ... but I agree pretty much. Sounds like the recipe for an ordinary full on track. There are only some exceptions where these things are not annoying nowadays...

And prog is going down the drain into the bubblegum direction -- well, actually it had been going down already long before.

But there are still innovators ... and as long as we support them, this music will not fail - for us...

It's not surprising. I was making psy years ago with no gigs or money. Around 2008 I switched to making music I dislike like hard style, electro house & commercial drum n bass. It's not what I like making but now I get loads of local gigs that actually pay enough so I don't need a day job. Instead I get to look after my son at home (no day care) & play n dance at night with drunk 18-22 year olds lol.

Much more fun than a normal job. It also does help of course my wife runs her own successful interior design business.

I didn't know that video before ... but I agree pretty much. Sounds like the recipe for an ordinary full on track.

this video circulated at the end of May I think it was. And ordinary full on? I think such boring songs crom from the newer artists trying to get their break to be the next "cool guy." They may make psy but have to make it good first.

Coincidentally, tonight we organized an electronic night in our bar. When psy was played, customers asked to swap it for techno, the dance floor had only 10 people. With techno, it got crowded.

I dont get it. How could hear psy now draw people to the alien speaker sound anymore than techno ;p I'd be on the dancefloor regardless...well - completely fluffy music would have me out the door ;p

hahaha like 99% psytrance tunes actually do sound like that!! sometimes I wonder why I still call myself a psytrancer :huh:

that is a bit rediculous even for today. 8)

anyone familiar with Fractal Records? I was digging through cds the other day and came across their first release - the Brain Chemestry compilation. Man I do not remember it being as good as it is ;O I checked the label out further and was surprised at how many quality releases they have. Sure some songs here and there are "meh, whatever" - but generally - woo! I think I may add the rest of their releases to a shopping cart and make a large purchase. I also like they use the newer Portuguese artists I like often. Alienn (based there), Tryon, Sidhartha, Khopat, Karmacrop (Khopat & Sidhartha alias)

check out their site which has samples. the Brain Chemestry compilation has the full tracks.

http://www.fractalrecords.ch/site/index.php/fractal-releases

Hypergate records is also pretty quality these days for psy.

I'm quite familiar with Fractal Records. I don't own that many albums but I've been to thier parties a few times. The first two parties I've been to were really great, awesome decoration and very friendly people. At the first party they were playing fast but very psychedelic full-on (SA style, but not only). On the second party the full-on floor was rather lame (very fast but not psychedelic) but the prog floor was awesome. Unfortunately they style changed during the last two years and the last parties were rather boring. Only fast and pushing full-on/dark/whatever which was not psychedelic at all. It's a matter of taste of course but they did have awesome music in the past so maybe my expectations were too high.

Just FYI: this video is old, at least 7 years or more.

No it isn't. It's a collage of many videos that was made a few months ago. The image in the preview is just a small part of it.

There is not a single music genre that a part of it (most of the times the biggest part) hasn't gone more commercial and low quality. It happened in every EDM style, it happened in Rock, Metal, Classic, Jazz, Hip Hop, every single one. It's something you can't avoid. Things could be worse like Dubstep. All you have to do is to avoid all the crap and concentrate on the good ones. Thank God good psytrance still exists.

^- Ormion for president! ;D

and I know its all in jokes but...

real psytrancers buy music that is worth buying and dont need the drugs to enjoy it 8)