Mixed feelings about Pleiadians/ Etnica

radi6404

I did not know a lot of their tracks and it is really a shame since I think they are the most goaish sounding tracks you can get. When I listen to Etnica and Pleiadians it is like the other stuff is more normal and generic. The melodic work in nice toy and Floating universe is really impressive and must have been really a lot of work to do. So much melodic work you can hear in very few other goa tracks. The melodic work in many of those tracks is just unbeatable, it is so complex that even on many listens those tracks wont get boring, and altough it is very complex it is still in line and does not make the tracks unpleasant or hard to listen, those guys are gods. Only the soundquality of the cd versions of those tracks could be a bit better, the versions from the Athens cd are much better.

I also liked Plastic a lot, very complex psychedelic melodic work there aswell and also on Pleiadians - Time dilation, which might be the best pleiadians track.

Another problem is that their stuff is splitted and not on albums packed, on albums you get a few brilliant tracks among some more minimal sounding tracks. But the goa tracks by them just leave me speechless.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So while these guys are indeet very good I do not like all tracks and find some tracks even cheesy, I like only a few Etnica tracks and find them pretty ordinary, I can not understand why they are so popular, but I do love some of the Pleiadians tracks, some of them are beyond earth and surely milestones in goa trance history, those are:

Maia

Electra

Alcyone

Zeta Reticuly !!

Deep Frequencies !!

Photonic Part II

Jungle Tracks

And a few others.

Etnica has a few great tracks aswell

History

Z Plane Sunrise

Allchemists

However I can not understand a lot of the other stuff and some stuff is just some empty psytrance with hard kickdrums. I do not even understand the hype about Trip Tonite. What is your opinion about them and which tracks are worthy mentioning besides the ones I mentioned?

I did not know a lot of their tracks and it is really a shame since I think they are the most goaish sounding tracks you can get. When I listen to Etnica and Pleiadians it is like the other stuff is more normal and generic. The melodic work in nice toy and Floating universe is really impressive and must have been really a lot of work to do. So much melodic work you can hear in very few other goa tracks. The melodic work in many of those tracks is just unbeatable, it is so complex that even on many listens those tracks wont get boring, and altough it is very complex it is still in line and does not make the tracks unpleasant or hard to listen, those guys are gods. Only the soundquality of the cd versions of those tracks could be a bit better, the versions from the Athens cd are much better.

I also liked Plastic a lot, very complex psychedelic melodic work there aswell and also on Pleiadians - Time dilation, which might be the best pleiadians track.

Another problem is that their stuff is splitted and not on albums packed, on albums you get a few brilliant tracks among some more minimal sounding tracks. But the goa tracks by them just leave me speechless.

Your perception changed in less than a day :wacko:

This is why Etnica is (was) unsanly great --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkEU6a1pQTQ

Kudos of the emotion and melody of Trip Tonite :)

Else, I got to say that

rips the universe apart and brings the moon closer to home, in a very fantastic awesome way.

http://www.discogs.com/Pleiadians-IFO-Identified-Flying-Object/release/143500 is such a nice acidride *

Quote: No, not really, while some of their tracks are the best tracks I have ver herat, others are pretty empty and minimalistic, especially their newer stuff is like that.

Trip tonight to them, and you may hear, see, taste and feel why they are like that :ph34r:

Etnica-Pleiadians for me are the top masters of goatrance, nothing to add, whole Alien Protein album is like a religious, sacred writings of the holiest things in the universe, the essence of the universe itself ^_^ !

I have been entertained a lot by this thread, but please keep up, it is really funny :).

Don't forget that there is also this little insignificant tune that nobody mentioned, but probably is not really releavant and is just some farting kickdrum eh Radi?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrMg9LhGfVE

• 4 weeks later...

Appologies for slightly offtopic but i tought this one might be posted here because it's very much inspired by Pleiadians and Etnica, and maybe somebody will like it :)

https://soundcloud.com/neogoa/morphic-resonance-chromatic

Oooh yea, I love it man, thank you a lot for sharing !

to me it's even better than etnica : it combine great melodies of Etnica's time with the good rythmic and background sound of neoGoa. Yes, probably, im going to shock some people but to me it's even better than etnica !

Im definitly looking from other track from this artist

Well Im listening to some more of track from this new 2013 Project, called Morphic resonance. More track here

When I said it was better than Etnica...Well I spoke to fast, it depend on what you means by "better".

But yea, it seem like you all couldn't take a look back at Etnica. I means no disrespect, but it seem like you're considering him like the god of goa and like nobody will dethrone him ! Maybe it will happend, and I don't know why but I believe this new 2013 Project has power to do it.

Only my opinion then ! Im still a fan of Etnica, their stuff like vimana and trip tonite are still some of the best Goa trance track you may ever find, for sure !

But cmon, there isn't only Etnica in goa trance

Yeah on his soundcloud there are couple of older tracks aswell.

Have you got some more information or stuff to listen to about this project ? any facebook page, blog, or idk what that could give me some information ?

Also do you know if they plan to make an EP or an album ?

It's very rare that an artist capture my intention so highly in a few seconds. I really enjoy listening to this project and I just want to know more.

Since it's a bit being off topic you can answer me by Private Message if you rather. Thx.

More informations about this project will be presented when we announce details and tracklist for his debut release on Neogoa (EP with 3-4 tracks, it will be discussed during the upcoming weeks). After that we will probably publish another track on upcoming compilation and if all goes well we will speak about full-lenght release for 2014. Thanks for interesting!

P.S. - Regarding the social networks, he doesn't got anything besides his personal facebook profile and soundcloud, which you posted above.

More informations about this project will be presented when we announce details and tracklist for his debut release on Neogoa (EP with 3-4 tracks, it will be discussed during the upcoming weeks). After that we will probably publish another track on upcoming compilation and if all goes well we will speak about full-lenght release for 2014. Thanks for interesting!

P.S. - Regarding the social networks, he doesn't got anything besides his personal facebook profile and soundcloud, which you posted above.

Ok, thank you a lot for those information ! I can't wait until all those are being realized ! Until there, Im gonna forbear and just listen to what he already posted on soundcloud :)

Well, MR is from Spain and afaik, Etnica boys residence is alson in Spain. Nah, just kidding. This is fresh blood and great discovery, thanks to Luis from BlackStarrFinale who gave me contacts and who linked me with MR. Regarding the track on Soundcloud, it will be more than 10 minutes in lenght and it will be featured probably on EP release, we're still discussing about other tracks, but i'm sure the whole release will be pure gold ^^

they indeed recreated the etnica feeling very well, towards the end of the sample track they used a scale similar to the one in trip tonite

they indeed recreated the etnica feeling very well, towards the end of the sample track they used a scale similar to the one in trip tonite

Yay, I had the same feeling while listening to this track !

I will reserve my opinion on this, yet another "inspired by Etnica/Pleiadians" producer, I highly disliked how Filteria was marketed and how he presented himself as being "inspired by Etnica/Pleiadians" yet sounded like he/Suntrip wanted to gain more sales and not with much content and "spiritual/cultural" value been there in his tracks.

Sorry, my 2c and some will agree with me, some not.

I hope this dude does better than this, because there is no grace and fame in being wanabe copycat, wont work for me, might work for consumerist kiddies who want their new stuff and dont listen to oldschool.

I will reserve my opinion on this, yet another "inspired by Etnica/Pleiadians" producer, I highly disliked how Filteria was marketed and how he presented himself as being "inspired by Etnica/Pleiadians" yet sounded like he/Suntrip wanted to gain more sales and not with much content and "spiritual/cultural" value been there in his tracks.

Sorry, my 2c and some will agree with me, some not.

I hope this dude does better than this, because there is no grace and fame in being wanabe copycat, wont work for me, might work for consumerist kiddies who want their new stuff and dont listen to oldschool.

this is absoultely true, Filteria sounds as Sutrnip wants him to sound, he sounds absolutely newschool and does not sound like old Etnica and Pleiadians at all!!!