• SI!
    • BB

So mate, who is better?

almighty Hallucinogen

simon-posford.jpg

or

powerful Electric Universe?

electric-universe.jpg

Please, give us your personal favorite tracks and picks, so we can fully understand a true magic of these genious artists. And, if you got some extra time, please check Psynews compilation contest (NO ARtha there) and post your votes for favorite tunes here: http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?/topic/65683-psynews-contest-voting-began/

P.S. - We had a high council of nu-skul priests meeting last night and we're seriously thinking about sending you an invitation for membership in our elite club, even you don't like ARtha.

Guest D N H

I don't know who is better, but Boris Blenn's wizardry still sents me to deep space. So it's my favorite.

Paradise Connection, One Love, Joy, Stardiver (and also Waves & Jupiter 8000) give no room for disputes. So powerful.

From the other hand Hallucinogen's work is very good deserving close attention. I think one of his most cracking efforts is Magik.

Maybe I should aktually produce some new music, if I return to Bulgaria this summer and stay there I wil probably have the time to produce some really good tunes. And I promise, if I produce music, it will be just like Ayahuasca - new moon, Hallucinogen - LSD, Hallucinogen - Angelic Particles and similar, it will sound very similar and very authentic and oldschool. Maybe someone can make me a gift and send me an old cheap Midi keyboard for a start or give me a copy of an easy to use sequencer. Because if I really have the time and the mood for producing the music, I will produce stuff, that you will not distinguish from any stuff in the 90s and will play it very often.

Check out my allready done tracks, they are not very complex or advanced, but they do sound very old and authentic like the old goa, and that was without midi keyboard, I guess with the right gear and a midi keyboard the stuff will be much better, hpefully some day I will release a few tracks that will just give you the powerful feelings of the old school.

my problem is that I am not that skillful at the moment to exactly translate the ideas I have into music. If I could extract the tracks out of my brain, the music would be 100 tracks similar to LSD, New Moon or Angelic Particles or similar, unfortunately that is not possible, otherwise I would release many hundret tracks that would fill the oldschool gab we have.

it will be just like Ayahuasca - new moon, Hallucinogen - LSD, Hallucinogen - Angelic Particles and similar, it will sound very similar and very authentic and oldschool. Maybe someone can make me a gift and send me an old cheap Midi keyboard for a start or give me a copy of an easy to use sequencer. Because if I really have the time and the mood for producing the music, I will produce stuff, that you will not distinguish from any stuff in the 90s and will play it very often.

tchock.gif

When I ahve the suitable gear and the suitable mood I will carry on, but I will need a bit of motivation instead of telling me how bad my tracks are, I know my existing tracks on my soundcloud are not great, but my goal is to produce tracks of similar nature to LSD, Angelic Particles and such.

Interesting results though, 8 vs 2 for Simon Posford.

So a MIDI keyboard and a suitable mood is all you need to sound like Hallucinogen? Nah, I tried that a few years ago, doesn't work. Not that I tried to sound like someone in particular. I made my best (and practically only, mind you) tracks 15 years ago in highschool on a shitty computer and some more or less shitty samples using a free tracker software, my computer keyboard and my brain. Don't blame your tools.

And to sound like Simon you need to be Simon, and have access to his studio, which clearly is a natural benefit of being Simon.

NO it is not that, you need to have enough drive in order to achieve that and that is the biggest problem. Having the right drive is very difficult, in order not to give up. Synthwise you need some vst synths, that's it. Ofcourse the gear itself is important, but it is overrated, if you have the right drive you will achieve what you want with a few vst synths with pretty good results.

yes please Radi, produce the perfect tracks for the 3rd album of Hallucinogen and who knows the tracks may even be better than his and he would ask you to remix a track of his own! Give it a go and please surprise us. Maybe there are some cheap midi keyboards you can find in a local market in Sofia... good luck!

• 2 weeks later...