M-Run - Some Run Just For Fun

Trance2MoveU

Damn it's been almost 4 years since this was released and I haven't said anything except voice my disappointment in the sound compared to Erta Ale?

I feel like I need to apologize. It took me time but I got over that, kind of.

There is some absolutely fantastic music in this album. The first three are not my favourites but still good on their own terms. The first track is not my cup of tea, maybe it's the slower pace, maybe it's repeating itself too much. Ethereal Resonator has really lovely leads and a groovey sound to it. I like the samples in Cognitive Disorder and it's climax. However, what happens after that is, well, amazeballs. One blasting maximal track after another. Absolute madness. Unlike anything released thus far, sounds, compositions. Alien Brain Train gives goat man a run for it's money. I just love that never-ending speed of light movement. Also, I wasn't expecting much from Twin sister but it is a totally worthy remix of Goat Man and abduction Phenomena has a lovely b-movie scifi feel to it. All of the 5 tracks just kick major buttocks. What else is impressing is there is actual work done on the ground level, the tracks can be groovy and the tracks e v o l v e and have a story. What sorcery!

I think what happened during the release was that the first three tracks weren't impressing me as much as I had hoped and the low from Erta Alé's high just destroyed me, too many emotions blinding what was actually absolutely stellar music.

A great, great album and I have no doubt the sequel, whenever that may be, will be another to impress. Especially considering the tracks he has been releasing lately. Let's keep running! Thank you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Listening to this again the similarities with peak oldschool Etnica struck me, especially in the arrangements and peripheral sounds. Amazing goa album, one of the very best released in the last 10 years in my opinion. It's full of bouncy, funky energy, keeps catching you by surprise, and above all is a lot of fun to listen to.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/24/2016 at 5:22 PM, Penzoline said:

Damn it's been almost 4 years since this was released and I haven't said anything except voice my disappointment in the sound compared to Erta Ale?

I feel like I need to apologize. It took me time but I got over that, kind of.

Appologies accepted ;) <3
2nd album almost finished - only art work and pressing :)

Funky as the first one, but diffrent!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I can not wait for round 2.

Funk. Nasty, groovy, space-funk. Cosmic musicball dance party with melodic hors d'oeuvres and little hi-hat dental floss thingies to clean out your teeth in between bites. No, wait, make that mental floss. Go in hungry for musical caviar and come back sated.

Seriously, these melodies are some earworms. Like others said, these are not your below-average, wandering, listless melodies, but actual melodic statements with intention and purpose. This is fun music. It has its corollaries to Space-era S>Range in the space-funk, Alien Protein-era Etnica in the theme-building, Dragon Tales-era Koxbox in the cosmic joker cameo, and more Koxbox in the melodic matrix everything unfolds within. The latter may be the best comparison I can come up with -- just updated. Not better, because that's really hard to do, but just with a chrome finish where Dragon Tales had 80s-era solid stainless construction.

I'm not a party-goer, since I live in small-town America, but I can only imagine this BIG sick sound could only result in orgiastic, twirling, pulsating dancefloors. On headphones, it's got my neck bobbing up and down like a chicken at feeding time. Or a cheerleader after the big game. Buy it. You WILL need at least five hands to count the number of full listens you get out of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 8 months later...
On 12/29/2019 at 6:32 PM, Phluff said:

I can not wait for round 2.

Funk. Nasty, groovy, space-funk. Cosmic musicball dance party with melodic hors d'oeuvres and little hi-hat dental floss thingies to clean out your teeth in between bites. No, wait, make that mental floss. Go in hungry for musical caviar and come back sated.

Seriously, these melodies are some earworms. Like others said, these are not your below-average, wandering, listless melodies, but actual melodic statements with intention and purpose. This is fun music. It has its corollaries to Space-era S>Range in the space-funk, Alien Protein-era Etnica in the theme-building, Dragon Tales-era Koxbox in the cosmic joker cameo, and more Koxbox in the melodic matrix everything unfolds within. The latter may be the best comparison I can come up with -- just updated. Not better, because that's really hard to do, but just with a chrome finish where Dragon Tales had 80s-era solid stainless construction.

I'm not a party-goer, since I live in small-town America, but I can only imagine this BIG sick sound could only result in orgiastic, twirling, pulsating dancefloors. On headphones, it's got my neck bobbing up and down like a chicken at feeding time. Or a cheerleader after the big game. Buy it. You WILL need at least five hands to count the number of full listens you get out of it.

We'll forward that compliment to the artist.:+1:

:excl: Did you check his 2nd album than? Check it @ M-RUN - Live session album

Ow, yes, plz write a review :D ^_^