how do u fall asleep?

Guest neurogen

Guest neurogen

sigh.. another thread by annoying neurogen :s

Some people like total darkness and silence, some like the opposite.

Some like tea some like coffee.

Personally I cannot fall asleep in silence and darkness. My mind is too damaged for that, I create mental images that scare me, and I am forced to turn the lights on or the TV on or similar.

Ive been like this since childhood. Its a big problem but a problem I certainly can live with. Its my eventual partner that I feel sorry for. And previous partners of course.

I must have a tv show on when trying to fall asleep. It has been for example simpsons, seinfeld, family guy and office. Now im into Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia.

Ive seen all episodes about 10 times each, yes im not exagurating, and its the fact that I know all the lines and all the scenes that it makes me sleepy.

So every night I go to bed, turn the pc monitor to my bed (its close and I have two big 24" monitors) and load entire collection of episodes, set play to random and I can fall asleep.

What is your ritual?

Usually I fall asleep in the dark. But at times it happens that I'm watching a show while falling asleep. In that case it's usually my favorite show Frasier, since it's on at 02:20 in the night.

Total darkness and total silence, expect if we're talking about some ambient.

Ishq specifically really helped me over the years fall asleep pretty quick for my standards.*

*I'm one of those that need at least 40-90 minutes before they fall asleep no matter how tired I am. With beatless ambient I can do it in 20 minutes.

I like a little bit a sound when I fall asleep for whatever reason, usually some beatless ambient or in the summertime an electric fan. I can fall asleep with silence too but I seem to fall asleep A LOT faster with those things. Without that sound I'm one of those people who takes awhile to fall asleep, like Ormion.

Personally I cannot fall asleep in silence and darkness. My mind is too damaged for that, I create mental images that scare me, and I am forced to turn the lights on or the TV on or similar.

Ive been like this since childhood.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXlZ6edCHqI

I slept with my light on until I was 20, and only stopped because my university friends noticed and took the piss.

I enjoy total and utter silence. If there is even any kind of noise(aside from chill/downtempo/ambient music) and im just a little bit aware of things (i.e. not too tired) I will notice it and pay too much attention to it. Another way for me to fall asleep faster is to have cooler air coming in, though it's a bad thing when it's winter and it's way too cold when I wake up.

Hate noise, hate too much warmth, I just cannot sleep like that easy.

Neurogen: The New Reger!

I usually do this:

- Drag myself to bed a couple hours too late.

- Experience several violent twitches of my body.

- Bat my cat away a few times.

- Have anxiety attack.

- Complain to myself about my back.

- Wake up too late and rush to work.

I enjoy watching any good documentary (not some silly conspiracy doc). I usually last about 30 minutes and I am gone. I especially enjoy watching Connections by James Burke, very interesting series.

Guest neurogen

I enjoy watching any good documentary (not some silly conspiracy doc). I usually last about 30 minutes and I am gone. I especially enjoy watching Connections by James Burke, very interesting series.

why do you feel conspiracy docs are silly? ever think some of it is true?

Guest neurogen

Neurogen: The New Reger!

I usually do this:

- Drag myself to bed a couple hours too late.

- Experience several violent twitches of my body.

- Bat my cat away a few times.

- Have anxiety attack.

- Complain to myself about my back.

- Wake up too late and rush to work.

aww sounds stressful! :/

sry dunno who reger is.. compliment or diss? :P

why do you feel conspiracy docs are silly? ever think some of it is true?

Sorry, not to say that all conspiracy docs are silly. I haven't seen many of them to be honest! But the ones I have seen were really annoying and over-the-top. Personally, I just enjoy something more non-speculative and educational. Subjects like history and technology are usually what I feel more interested in.

To my experience it's ok, We'll send a notification if we want to crucify you when it's not ;)

Total darkness and total silence, expect if we're talking about some ambient.

Ishq specifically really helped me over the years fall asleep pretty quick for my standards.*

*I'm one of those that need at least 40-90 minutes before they fall asleep no matter how tired I am. With beatless ambient I can do it in 20 minutes.

Amazing, It's almost exact the same as mine,

Total darkness and silence indeed,

I prefer to stretch my body long cause otherwise I have the tendency to stress my body while laying for example in embryo position.

Ishq is indeed great and so is Galaxy and Solar fields. The only problem that I have is when I start to know the album/tracks by head

I get brain activity which keeps me awake. So when I'm out of new albums it's total silence, which is ok.

I also, always lie awake for at least 45/60min before I fall a sleep (never had it different since I can remember)

and that's the time daydreaming is my friend. Daydreaming about the day, what to come, the more fantasy the better,

daydreaming about a nice sunday afternoon nap is good, daydreaming that I'm not sleeping alone, everything that feels

warm and comfortable...

To keep the negative thoughts away, otherwise I worry to much and that keeps me awake.

Heroin

:lol: , valium is cheaper...

I also, always lie awake for at least 45/60min before I fall a sleep (never had it different since I can remember)

and that's the time daydreaming is my friend. Daydreaming about the day, what to come, the more fantasy the better,

Do you drink coffee or anything else with caffeine? I used to take up to 2 hours to fall asleep, and I consumed a lot of caffeine at the time. I stopped caffeine for almost 10 years, and during that time I got to where I could generally fall asleep in 20 minutes or so. When I started drinking coffee again, it started taking me longer to fall asleep again.