new asia 2001 album

technosomy

Indeed... Are these unmastered samples perhaps? I know it is old school style but there is almost zero low freq bass? Hmmm

To get the record straight: you don't know what bass is unless it's an oldschool bass. :P Can't seem to find the samples though (they don't appear in the link), are they different than the ones posted already?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys when samples are posted on arabesque they normally are taken from the final product. I also noticed the 2 albums that were on itracks.biz are gone?

Or maybe the website has just changed. Nevertheless Gilbert said in his interview that Avatar licensed 2 albums and that he had then another 2 albums (that were published earlier this year on digital platform)

Hmm I remember his tracks all sounding similar from old albums but they were still good tracks.. This is just..hmm something is just off! Would be good to get the story on these and why they sound like that.

I wonder why he wrote these tracks this way, if he has so much knowledge and experience. They sound normal, so unexciting, they don't seem to be from such a legend as Asia 2001 is.

Everyone becoming old and lazy i think...

Everyone becoming old and lazy i think...

i reckon!

with the knowledge and experience alot of these artists have, you would think they could come up with something better, obviously they can make what ever they wan't but surley avatar new what they were doing?

i hate to say it, but this lacks passion

would hate to think gilbert has taken money for a 2 album deal, and bashed this out.

hopefully the samples just arn't doing it justice but i doubt it.

lazy...... you bet

very dissapointed

when i heard the samples of the other 2, they wern't sounding to far of this, but i thought they could have been tracks that didn't make the cut for this album.

will go back and listen again.

You know what really makes me sad about goa? It is that back in 2000, when I had this passion for it, I used to think how powerful and beautiful goa would be in 10 years time. Frankly I used to think that it would be the soundtrack of my life till I would be an old man. But as you know, by 2007-8, it had lost all the magic. Asia 2001 is just another one who lost it too, sadly.

When i was listening to sound addiction part I, i was wondering if the guy was taking the piss of out of the listener ? some samples from whatever movies sound so out of place i could not believe it ...

tracks "another world" and "baton rouge" sound nice though, but not really goa trance.

Actually I think Asia2001 was always a mixed bag...for sure he made a couple of awesome albums, but as far as I remember he also released tons and tons of EP's and compilations on Trans'pact under different aliasses which were absolutely forgettable...this project was, in my eyes, one of the earlier scene-representatives of the 'quantity is better than quality'-adagium.

his tracks are not bad but they do remind me of newschool, because he does not have enough inspriation for really big buildups he puts time fillers on his albums with one melody after the other so a track consists of 20 melodies, how can one remember all of them, the listener becomes confused and gets tired of the music, at least that happens with me when a track has so many melodies. But some of the tracks are pretty good though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I bought Contact and had the first play yesterday.

Hmmmmmm.

It sounds like a collection of tracks recorded over several years on different equipment / studios rather than brand new material. This is o.k. though as I like most of the music a lot. It's in the full-on camp, but for sure, has Goa stylings too.

What I don't like though, (and spoils an otherwise really good album IMHO) are the vocal samples. They are too loud, too frequent and badly chosen, especially the woman reading a passage from The Lord Of The Rings on (iirc) D-Beam Magical. That sounds truly terrible.