psyprog tag is growing in recognition. Anyone else like it ?

bonpsy

About 3 years ago I found my self frustrated searching music e.g. If I searched "progressive psytrance" I was faced with a shit load crappy old fast psytrance or goa.. So I searched "psyprog" and found a 30 album pack of progressive psy. Every album was one of my favourites ! I put those albums (and others) into iTunes under psyprog, and its still the only folder i listen too. I love my"psyprog" only deserving albums go in that folder. 3 years ago tho hardly anyone was using it, Im seeing it around a lot more now tho. Anyone else like it ?

I have only one prog compilation, Vibration 4, and I only got it because it had a IFB song. I listen to it very rarely. Prog fits a certain mood, but usually it's too boring for my tastes. I suppose there's good stuff out there, but I prefer something more interesting.

Care to give some examples of what you like, bonpsy?

BTW, nice work on joining at 3:03 PM (in the UK at least).

I like Progressive Psytrance... Atoms, Lish, Ace Ventura, Flowjob, Symphonix, Antix, Neelix, Phony Orphants, Yotopia..e.c.t

I like the way Psyprog sounds and what it means also...

Psyprog = Psychedelic Progressive..or Psychedelic Progressive music !! or Psyprog music, or Psyprog Trance, or Psyprog Techno e.c.t... Also

Psychedelic Progressive Trance (psyprog trance) is the same as Progressive Psychedelic Trance (progressive psytrance)

It's only the PSY that matters...and thats all.... Not the Trance or Prog or minimal/tech/goa..... Only the PSYchedelic !!

The above artists represent psychedelic, they create the best & most pure psychedelic music on the planet. They evolve as psychedelic.. they're evolving fastest (ahead of psytrance). Psytrance stays behind as Psytrance, so does Progressive Psytrance, Dark Psytrance, even if it becomes Specialnewpro Psytrance... It doesn't matter... its still Psytrance, and limited...

Psyprog Techno? From all guys that you mentioned above, Antix and Atmos are doing progressive house and I think that they don't have anything in common with techno stuff (like for example music that comes from Soundmute Records).

Others, well they're not the most psychedelic for sure (at least in my opinion, and I'm sure that many will agree with that), there is a lot of more psychedelic and innovative stuff that can be found in sub-genres such as dark psy (not psycore), goa trance, suomi, etc. Actually I find some projects such as Minilogue much more psychedelic and trippy than a bunch of psyprog music, and Minilogue doesn't got a lot in common with psytrance scene nowdays.

I like Progressive Psytrance... Atoms, Lish, Ace Ventura, Flowjob, Symphonix, Antix, Neelix, Phony Orphants, Yotopia..e.c.t

Psyprog = Psychedelic Progressive..or Psychedelic Progressive m

usic !! or Psyprog music, or Psyprog Trance, or Psyprog Techno e.c.t... Also

Psychedelic Progressive Trance (psyprog trance) is the same as Progressive Psychedelic Trance (progressive psytrance)

It's only the PSY that matters...and thats all.... Not the Trance or Prog or minimal/tech/goa..... Only the PSYchedelic !!

The above artists represent psychedelic, they create the best & most pure psychedelic music on the planet. They evolve as psychedelic.. they're evolving fastest (ahead of psytrance). Psytrance stays behind as Psytrance, so does Progressive Psytrance, Dark Psytrance, even if it becomes Specialnewpro Psytrance... It doesn't matter... its still Psytrance, and limited...

what you talkin about lewis (he pouts his chubby cheeks)

you are new here so i won't give you to much, except a little gary coleman

the term MAY SOUND COOL

but i suggest you dig a little deeper

the best and most pure on the planet........ really! you may not find to many people around here who will agree.

big ace yeah he has a psy edge, and lish have you actually heard his last album, nothing PSYCHEDELIC about it.

as big richy said some of those guys are house... u sure you got the right forum?

progressive doesn't really evolve, technically maybe, it progresses! not that i shunning prog as i dig it to

but to say everything else is limited, u got a big set on you i'll give you that.

you better get tubing and listen to whats being produced right now, and you will see who is really evolving

i think i may just not be understanding what you actually trying to say (sure hope so)

what are you actually trying to say?

welcome to PSY news!

Psyprog = Psychedelic Progressive..or Psychedelic Progressive music !! or Psyprog music, or Psyprog Trance, or Psyprog Techno e.c.t... Also

"crappy old fast psytrance or goa"

don't worry ur ears and taste will develop

Yeah, I do like some of if and yes, I do like tripping while hearing it. I also like other psy styles like Goa or Full-On fo example, depending on my mood.

There are a lot of releases in that prog-style and as some posters allready mentioned not all artists you mentioned are pure psy. But in the end imho this doesn't matter as long as you like the music. There is some stuff I would recommend besides the names you allready mentioned: Phaxe is quite nice (one of his EPs on Iboga Trance is awesome!); check the Nasser - Checkpoint album, it's different to Neelix and the likes but it's very psychedelic, for older stuff Reefer Decree - Point Of view and an EP he released later are awesome. If you haven't heard it yet, check Lish's second album (Free Fall) imho an highlight and highly psychedelic.

i didn't really undestand whats this topic is about but zenon label is psychedelic prog >_>

some of iboga releases are also have some psychedelic vibe to them and tribal vision records

glichy tonic recods also psychedelic progressive....ore the new term is zenonesque?

The adjectief 'psychedelic' is useless imho.

And yet for people who listen to psytrance, it's necessary to differentiate it from non-psychedelic trance.

Besides, there are certain things that are just kind of widely accepted as 'psychedelic', because there are certain experiences that are very common with psychedelic substances.

• 3 months later...

i won't stop pointing this out: Symphonix, Neelix and similar artists do NOT produce psychedelic music and i think most of them don't even claim to do so.

they produce quality trance music, progressive trance if you like. artists releasing psychedelic progressive trance today are Merkaba, Tetrameth, Slytrance, Radioactive.Cake, Grouch and so on. please stop calling everything psychedelic or i will start calling 2 Unlimited psychedelic! :P

• 2 weeks later...

There is nothing wrong with prog trance, psy prog or full-on psytrance. For me, 90% of what I listen could be classed as progressive. Some have a little more psychedelic going on then others but it doesn't mean 'normal prog trance' is bad. For instance, one of my favorite artist is Motion Drive and this guy realy takes me to a different level when listening to it, but there is more psychedelic stuff out there. I think there is so much these days that the lines are small between genres.

Real psy prog for me would be Lyctum, a perfect example and I believe he classes himself as psy prog as well. Relativ, Ovnimoon, E-Clip, Flegma & Nerso, Ectima, Aho, Zen Mechanics, Solar Spectrum, Vertical Mode.

For me progressive trance comes a little closer to progressive house then psy progressive trance. Still the gap can be very big. Clear prog trance for me is Day Din, Symphonix, Zyce, Nok, Odiseo, Human Element. For prog trance Blue Tunes label has realy good artist, Tesseract Studio and Iono label is perfect for Psy prog.