Classic albums one should have or die !

psytones

You have to be 40 years old to appreciate goa trance? :unsure:

I think not.

And if you think modern psytrance output is better than it, then you are almost alone in that. There are no essential albums past 2002 or 2003 IMO.

Yes, it's a fact you have to be shitty old to appreciate it.

I'll go as far as saying that modern psytrance output is much better than the old dusty goatrance.

Theres alot of new essentials:

CPU - Central Processing Unit

Artifakt - Artifakts II

Artifakt - The Magus

Loud - Some Kind of Creativity

Dark Soho - Sunspot

Fractal Glider - Digital Mandala

Krumelur - Paranormal

and many many more...

The most annoying thing about these topics and all the others alike it is that all of or most of peoples reccomendations for must have albums are all the the older ones, like from 2001 and before. That shit is so annoying. Its always the same Hallucinogen release or Koxbox or Pleiadians. How about some newer stuff for those of us who weren't 30 years old in 1997. I'm sick of hearing about the same old releases every year.

Here are a few psy releases from the past 5 years that I think are essential

Cosma-Nonstop

Penta-Horn Please

Scorb-Ipso Fvcto

Protoculture-Circadians

Xenomorph-Demogorgory Of The Obscurants

Digicult-Out Of This World

U-Recken-Deeper Into Man

Solar Fields-Earthshine

Sensient-Antifluoro

The Commercial Hippies-If You Cant Stand The Heat....

Add:

Psysex-Come In Peace (6 years old woops)

Protoculture-Refractions

Principles Of Flight-Chaos Opera (already essential)

Panick-Lab O matic ( loved this one)

Alien Project-Aztechno Dream (2002 I think)

Braincell-both Transformation Of Reality & Frequency Evolution

Astrix-Eye to Eye (2002 again)

Xerox & Illumination-XI

Eskimo-Take A Look out There

I really loved the output from HOM-mega around 2002-2005

a part from cosma that's essential crap there and i'm not even 25 yrs old :drama: (well some parts of circadians i rly appreciated :P)

but not loving the oldschool is not a crime, it's a darn shame!

it's so wild and free :drama:

I guess that your taste sucks compared to mine :P

You have to be 40 years old to appreciate goa trance? :unsure:

I think not.

And if you think modern psytrance output is better than it, then you are almost alone in that. There are no essential albums past 2002 or 2003 IMO.

I guess that you didn't pickup on the sarcasm in what I wrote.

Wow you really think there has been no essential releases in the last 6-7 years? Sucks to be you. I'm still enjoying the music every year. I only started to listen to psy around 2002, so according to you I have probly heard nothing essential.

Hard to get, essential, not even available as legal digital download and high prized

Artist Album

Etnica - The Juggeling Alchemists... (CD Version)

Artist EP

Jaia - Insomnie (CD Version)

VA Compilation

Accidental Occidentalism

I've never heard that one but always wanted to. Is it like Deviant Electronics - Brainwashing Is Child's Play and Breach of Space - Two Mad Men? Review please?

That album lacks quite a bit in well, every area. It's not as good as Deviant Electronics, the rating on Discogs is justified. "Church of Tangent" is a hidden gem thou, it has excellent melodies and good use of acid, would do well as an old school set opener I reckon...

To be fair the OP was referring to classics that are hard to get.

Some of these newer ones being mentioned, while great, are pretty easy to get your hands on.

Jon

Some of the new ones will be hard to get in the future! I know I am still pissed off that I didn't pick up certain albums when I had the chance, back when they were new & cheap! It will be the same for some of these. 10 years down the line people will be paying through their noses for these. All the labels in our scene, even the big ones, are independent labels that wont be reprinting all their albums a thousand times or more so a lot of albums will become hard to find in the future I think.

I guess that you didn't pickup on the sarcasm in what I wrote.

Wow you really think there has been no essential releases in the last 6-7 years? Sucks to be you. I'm still enjoying the music every year. I only started to listen to psy around 2002, so according to you I have probly heard nothing essential.

bwhank doesn't have the where-with-all to pick up on something so subtle as sarcasm! And yes I think it would suck to be it, eternally negative and giving nothing unkown a chance or just spending his days trolling a place where the vast majority can't stand it. Pretty sad when you think about it :( Pity it but don't listen to what it says!

That album lacks quite a bit in well, every area. It's not as good as Deviant Electronics, the rating on Discogs is justified. "Church of Tangent" is a hidden gem thou, it has excellent melodies and good use of acid, would do well as an old school set opener I reckon...

Well, well I'd love to hear some samples but it seems the CD is lost in collectors heaven... Heard Akousmata on the Tube, but didn't find it amazing...

I'll go as far as saying that modern psytrance output is much better than the old dusty goatrance.

Yep, I agree with that. Although there's some good oldschool out there, I actually much prefer living in the now than living in the past...

Some of the new ones will be hard to get in the future! I know I am still pissed off that I didn't pick up certain albums when I had the chance, back when they were new & cheap! It will be the same for some of these. 10 years down the line people will be paying through their noses for these. All the labels in our scene, even the big ones, are independent labels that wont be reprinting all their albums a thousand times or more so a lot of albums will become hard to find in the future I think.

This is what partially drives my purchasing insanity. It also feels good to support these labels to keep the sound coming.

• 2 weeks later...

The most annoying thing about these topics and all the others alike it is that all of or most of peoples reccomendations for must have albums are all the the older ones, like from 2001 and before. That shit is so annoying. Its always the same Hallucinogen release or Koxbox or Pleiadians. How about some newer stuff for those of us who weren't 30 years old in 1997. I'm sick of hearing about the same old releases every year.

Here are a few psy releases from the past 5 years that I think are essential

Cosma-Nonstop

Penta-Horn Please

Scorb-Ipso Fvcto

Protoculture-Circadians

Xenomorph-Demogorgory Of The Obscurants

Digicult-Out Of This World

U-Recken-Deeper Into Man

Solar Fields-Earthshine

Sensient-Antifluoro

The Commercial Hippies-If You Cant Stand The Heat....

Why in the first place are you replying in this topic when you don´t like the classic stuff?!?!? Stupid fool, open a topic for newer stuff if that´s wht you like instead of wining like a fucking three year old.

Psy is dead for years now, the shits thats coming out today is lightyears away from the quality stuff 1995-1999.

Why in the first place are you replying in this topic when you don´t like the classic stuff?!?!? Stupid fool, open a topic for newer stuff if that´s wht you like instead of wining like a fucking three year old.

Psy is dead for years now, the shits thats coming out today is lightyears away from the quality stuff 1995-1999.

For real? Can I please be your friend? Can we hang out and lick Chupa Chups together?

yea well, a bit of altruism on teh net pls :wank: it's not particularly his fault he doesn't like it right... and since we're not some stuck-up three-year-old-community, we tolerate people posting a bit out of line, so i guess that goes for funsters like you too

nice name though, fits your posting character. (it means 'slaughterhouse' in dutch) so i suppose you hope to find some fresh meat for slaughtering here... :unsure::P

@ rino: why o why do i even try being nice :rolleyes:

chupa chups are just RAD

If you dont like the classic stuff don´t post in a topic about classic albums, is it really that difficult??

Or open a new topic where you can complain about it.

Ontopic: FR albums are very rare: Boyd in the Void, AirBorn, First Flight, Second Flight, Black Rhino, Singularity, Technossomy, GNOTR, Psyko Dysko