Do you really believe in it?

Luminon

You know... the psy music of various genres is often about drugs, but besides that, there are themes like:

1) Extraterrestrials, UFO and life on other planets

2) Hindu gods, spirits, demons, gnomes, sprites, elves

3) Astral travelling (and projection), subtle realms in general

4) White Lodge (aka GWB)

5) Terrence McKenna's quotes (stuff like on the Synthesis of reality album, etc)

6) Ancient superior technology of Atlantean civilization

7) The soul, and the universe as God (panentheism, I think)

8) Life after death

9) Chakras

10) Extra sensoric perception

11) Gaia, the living planet Earth

12) Yetti

13) The universe existing as a frequency, vibration, or sound

14) Astrology

15) Conspiracies

16) Certain inability of science to recognize or admit the existence of the above mentioned things

17) And also some general themes, like absolute love, bliss, enlightenment freely for all people...

So, my question is, how it is with the listeners and with the creators of this music, as far as these themes go. It is a fact that most of us DO like these themes, otherwise we wouldn't make and listen to that kind of music. But do we seriously BELIEVE or KNOW them? I'm just curious, I don't want to convince anyone or ruin anyone's reputation. I just want to get some idea about paranormal beliefs of the hipsters.

I am a listener and my score is about 13 of 17. I indeed have an interesting life :)

So I'd like to know, how it is with you, listeners and musicians? Can you tell me if such a people like Simon Posford, Raja Ram, and all these other musicians believe in what they compose? Perhaps you've read more interviews with them, so you know better. Or are out there some devout skeptics who's score is nearing zero? If yes, then why are you into the psychedelic music? Are there other such a notoriously known psychedelic or paranormal themes I missed out?

nice thread

for extraterresterial life... of course!

but the rest, not really, only the thing about other perception, opminminded drugs and all, yes cause i did some psychadelic, and them, theres something in them that open your fuckin eyes for what around you, discovering yourself.... but seriuously, since my english sucks, and it a mostly intellectual question, my english compromise what i would like to say

but for elve, or yeti!!!! thats a big joke, as for god? we all hope so, dont we?

I don't really believe in any of that stuff. Not big into drugs either. I take a rational view of reality.

All right. I'm not much into drugs as well. The rational view of reality does not contradict. I do not believe either, I experienced most of these things by myself, so it would be irrational from me to ignore my experiences :) How do you enjoy the psychedelic music, then? Do you frown or laugh every time Terrence McKenna starts speaking?

How do you enjoy the psychedelic music, then?

When i just started listenning to psy i had the most vivid visuals without any drugs. Then i had to take substances to bring those visuals back. But since i quit all drugs i just enjoy pure sound and don't need no visuals in my mind (though i like watching visuals on stage). Anyway music perception became a much deeper experience than just association with concepts.

All right. I'm not much into drugs as well. The rational view of reality does not contradict. I do not believe either, I experienced most of these things by myself, so it would be irrational from me to ignore my experiences :) How do you enjoy the psychedelic music, then? Do you frown or laugh every time Terrence McKenna starts speaking?

McKenna is a great storyteller. For me, psytrance is music that really takes me somewhere. It ignites the imagination. And so does a scientific approach to studying the natural world. Rational does not mean plain or boring; reality is far more interesting than a lot of us give it credit for.

For me, Psy IS the drug.

I used to use a lot of different narcotics and enjoyed a lot of the different experiences I had while using them.

Now that I am older, and a devout Christian, I no longer use illicit drugs.

As such, I do still like music that creates a certain type of euphoria and state of mind

that reminds me a lot of the old days.

This is how I really still enjoy the music even though I neither believe in any of the above mentioned themes

(except for God of course) nor use drugs. The music really just is the medicine, IMO.

There is an awful lot to be enjoyed in this music regardless of what you believe or use.

I just try to take it all for what it is, like reading important books or studying philosophers,

writers, artists and scientists who hold different views. It is still educational.

In the end, its really just music right?

But it is fun to trip out a little to trippy music.

And yes, I still stay up late, light candles and incense and dream about my younger years,

just with a clear and sober mind now.

Great thread my friend, thanks for posting.

Cheers

McKenna is a great storyteller. For me, psytrance is music that really takes me somewhere. It ignites the imagination. And so does a scientific approach to studying the natural world. Rational does not mean plain or boring; reality is far more interesting than a lot of us give it credit for.

Indeed a good psytrance stuff should be story stelling all by itself without any help of any substances, according to me :) .

Somehow music is the tool :posford:

Personally I actually feel I know very little about many of the concepts that are batted around in Psy. I don't know much about the Hindu Gods, not really, and I don't know much about the conspiracies and the vibrations and the aliens and etc etc etc but what I do know and understand is that these things seem to be thrown in there because they create an air of wonder and intrigue since they are such off the wall, crazy, unknowable things. Can't say I neccessarily believe in them, but I do enjoy the tantalising energy that talking about them generally provokes.

That´s so true. Exactly how i´m thinking. I have loved drug-samples ever since I was a kid. I´ve had experiences with drugs later, but understood after a while that life can be quite interresting WITHOUT the use of any weird substances... I love to use my brain for thinking and fantasising. Psy-music (especially Goa) is a great engine for me, doing that.

Indeed a good psytrance stuff should be story stelling all by itself without any help of any substances, according to me :) .

Somehow music is the tool :posford:

Word.

Personally I actually feel I know very little about many of the concepts that are batted around in Psy. I don't know much about the Hindu Gods, not really, and I don't know much about the conspiracies and the vibrations and the aliens and etc etc etc but what I do know and understand is that these things seem to be thrown in there because they create an air of wonder and intrigue since they are such off the wall, crazy, unknowable things. Can't say I neccessarily believe in them, but I do enjoy the tantalising energy that talking about them generally provokes.

... And what about this mystery of "mind expansion"?.. I have never heard anyone explain exactly what they mean by that term. I listen to music I think sound good and have been taking drugs which maked me feel good and for no other reason! I would be happy if someone explained it (in an easy-to-understand kind of way) without sounding like the text in "mushroom magazine" is written... :)

I don't really believe in any of that stuff. Not big into drugs either. I take a rational view of reality.

+1

Its all mumbo jumbo! I listen to goa/psy for the music. I think the samples of McKenna for example are used because they best complement the music and what you're feeling when you listen to the music.

rational view of reality

those are the freaking worst!

i had some many experiences with this stuff and still i rather ignore them :P

exploring possibilities is more interesting than chasing facts (aka rationalize)

... And what about this mystery of "mind expansion"?.. I have never heard anyone explain exactly what they mean by that term. I listen to music I think sound good and have been taking drugs which maked me feel good and for no other reason! I would be happy if someone explained it (in an easy-to-understand kind of way) without sounding like the text in "mushroom magazine" is written... :)

Our reality is just an opinion, nothing more. The reality itself is like a great dark space, enlightened by a tiny spotlight of consciousness. The spotlights of the majority of people are focused on the same place and have about the same size. This is, what we call "objective reality". Some spotlights are smaller. (idiots) Some are greater - these are the visionaries or clairvoyants. And some are a bit off, focused elsewhere than where they should - these are the madmen.

The size of the spotlight, the consciousness, decides how much of the reality do we perceive. It is good to have it focused here and now, and at the same time, to extend it, while anchored solidly in the range of local reality. It is good to have control over that process.

For example, there is a normal vision, and spiritual vision, which allows the clairvoyants to see people's aura and thus their possible physical and emotional problems. There is also tactile "clairvoyance", which allows us to touch and feel more than just empty space around. For these people, the space around their body is not empty and their sensitivity reaches beyond and below the skin. (in terms of soft-material objects) There are also exercises, courses and communities helpful in achieving that goal. However, I must say specially for Americans, the best services you can ever get are either for free or for a reasonable, affordable price. Anything expensive is either a scam or not worth it. It may also take years.

There is one song by Banco de Gaia I listen to right now - it is called "How much reality can you take?" Well, ask yourself.

I'd like some day to have such a people studied neurologically. It must be very interesting to see, what is their good old brain doing, when they perceive more than other people. Otherwise they just keep to themselves and work with others on private, personal basis.

Posted Image

Dammit, I wanted to post that too! I am an X-Files whore!

I actually do like some of that trashy stuff with my Goa, yes please. Stuff I like includes references to Science of all sorts, even though I am a complete noob in those subjects at school. And naturally I am fond of all that Nasa stuff, being fascinated by Science Fiction. What I dislike are those drug references, as drugs are no good. At least not for me (I suppose; never tried it out).

I scored 3/17. I think that the reason many artists use a certain kind of sample is not because they necessarily believe or agree with the sentiment, but simply because psytrance is, to a large extent, designed to be listened to on psychedelics and those samples are fun to hear on psychedelics.

Our reality is just an opinion, nothing more. The reality itself is like a great dark space, enlightened by a tiny spotlight of consciousness. The spotlights of the majority of people are focused on the same place and have about the same size. This is, what we call "objective reality". Some spotlights are smaller. (idiots) Some are greater - these are the visionaries or clairvoyants. And some are a bit off, focused elsewhere than where they should - these are the madmen.

The size of the spotlight, the consciousness, decides how much of the reality do we perceive. It is good to have it focused here and now, and at the same time, to extend it, while anchored solidly in the range of local reality. It is good to have control over that process.

For example, there is a normal vision, and spiritual vision, which allows the clairvoyants to see people's aura and thus their possible physical and emotional problems. There is also tactile "clairvoyance", which allows us to touch and feel more than just empty space around. For these people, the space around their body is not empty and their sensitivity reaches beyond and below the skin. (in terms of soft-material objects) There are also exercises, courses and communities helpful in achieving that goal. However, I must say specially for Americans, the best services you can ever get are either for free or for a reasonable, affordable price. Anything expensive is either a scam or not worth it. It may also take years.

There is one song by Banco de Gaia I listen to right now - it is called "How much reality can you take?" Well, ask yourself.

I'd like some day to have such a people studied neurologically. It must be very interesting to see, what is their good old brain doing, when they perceive more than other people. Otherwise they just keep to themselves and work with others on private, personal basis.

I agree and think I follow you in what you explain. I think this "mind expansion"-thing is an interresting phenomenon!

But the thing about being able to see auras around people... Is´nt that called love?? I mean, I have that kind of sensitivity to be able to see auras around people, but is it really because I listen to a special kind of music? Sounds strange to me...

And about the drugs, i´m sure that they are "mind expanding" (if you want to call it that) in the short-run, in the moment you take them (and for a few hours), but I sometimes get the feeling that people here thinks the drugs "mind expands" them in the long run - for life... Am I wrong?

And about the drugs, i´m sure that they are "mind expanding" (if you want to call it that) in the short-run, in the moment you take them (and for a few hours), but I sometimes get the feeling that people here thinks the drugs "mind expands" them in the long run - for life...

Yes. Which they do.