Principles Of Flight - Chaos Opera

abasio

Not my cup of tea. Charon the ferryman is ok I guess... I will give it a few more listens.

Did´nt like the short story inside either.

The cover and the rest of the pictures look good though.

This shit is so wickedly sick, this is the type of psy that is actually not dark or full on or goa or prog. This is my defintion of pure psychedelic trance. My exact style and taste in electronic dance music. Im fucking loving it. Turn it up loud!!!! :posford: :posford: :posford: :posford: :posford:

Some of the bass lines in here kind of remind me of the bass line in Kox Box-Side effects

pioneering effort 8/10

production 9/10

booklet story 5/10

songs 4/10

POF are still pushing the boundaries with there music which is good to see. the production is great & the sounds are well produced. the story was ok but didn't really do it for me. the tracks?? well i must say that my favorite parts were the strings & the classical break down sections. got very repedative & there was just something about that droning beat the whole way through...

Personaly i like there first CD a lot more. bring back GLOOPY GUM GUM!!!

This cd is like a dream come true. Lots of my favourite styles are fused together.

I remember hearing Artifakt "The Magus" for the first time and how pleasantly surprised i was to hear a collage of minimal-tech and psy-trance.

But POF is even more - i'd say it is HARD-PSY-TECHNO-TRANCE. It has elements of hard trance, hard techno and psy-trance. This is a winning formula for the dancefloor.

Now i know it's gonna definitely be on one of the top positions of "best of psy 2009".

10/10

• 2 weeks later...

Principles of Flight for me is a combination of "The Delta"-like dark, brooding Psy-Trance (think Scizoeffective), "Coheed and Cambria" graphic-music conversion and a little bit of "The Black Cauldron" fairy-tale mystique.

What you get with this album is a complete package of music, graphic and story. This is quite unusual for common dance-music and worth respect.

The most interesting thing about this is the combination of the graphic story-telling and the music. If you let yourself get involved into the story, the music will hold you, even the "repetitive" parts. This album is intense in its musical approach - much more than "Night-time Lullabies". It is darker and harder, but less "goaesque" than its predecessor. You find more monotone, repetitive parts in the dance tracks, but much more mystique and angst in the interludes. The classical string-interludes are the most exciting parts of the album. The only thing that bothers me is the lack of stand-out tracks. The album as a whole is great, but I can not choose "the best track" right now - on the other hand I did not expect that from a concept-album either.

The production is top-notch, transparent and loud.

Honestly I am not sure what grade I could give, but it would not be less than 9/10.

PS: As you can see with my avatar, I like Woofy a lot ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with those thinking here the band is over estimated.

adjective: calculated approximately

question I ask, because I haven't managed to get a total view of it yet, does it work? I'm imaginating there is a lot of details in there and it would be very dissepointing to hear it isn't estimated ..

grey techno colourful psytrance

for sure if you have download the psycz rip, which is actually the extended versions meant for dj's and are meant to be mixed... and have around 3mins added to all tracks... i can understand that you find it boring....

I guess that's a mistake on your part... you should give psycz a rip of the real thing so the hundreds of people who download this extended version unknowingly don't think it's all crap.

I guess that's a mistake on your part... you should give psycz a rip of the real thing so the hundreds of people who download this extended version unknowingly don't think it's all crap.

Ahahaha :lol: . oh dear hahaha, what a reply! I'm so happy i use the "You have chosen to ignore all posts from: bwhale." option, because this is just too much. Although this was a funny one.

It's clear that bwhale didn't even bother to read all the replies, otherwise he would've seen that there are two versions of the album, one on cd the other one in digital form in a shop, and - it has also been said, that there were no promo versions given.

My reply was aimed at bwhale's nagging. Again, he's just trying to be an ass, and this time he succeeded. :)

And to be ontopic - Abasio's review convinced me to check again the samples, and I have to admit, I might've been wrong by not including it in my last order. I absolutely love concepts, the artwork is delicious and the beginning in Eleanor's theme was touching. Still I'll have to re-listen do them, although this might be the dark-flavoured (orchestral) album I've been looking for for some time now.

Ahahaha :lol: . oh dear hahaha, what a reply! I'm so happy i use the "You have chosen to ignore all posts from: bwhale." option, because this is just too much. Although this was a funny one.

Do you not realize that lots of people give a mp3 rip to the scene groups?

• 2 months later...

This is some of the most badass and unique form of music. Hard beats with psychedelia and orchestral interludes and segments that make my hair stand up! We need more innovation like this in this full(crap)-on crowded scene!

Thanks for Timecode and POF for giving us something fresh for a change. It is very appreciated!

• 2 months later...

I think I would agree with Frosty on this one. The interludes and classical tones are truly rich and pervasive. The actual trance parts are nothing special. This reminds me of the Sigilweaver album from Ghreg on Earth. Not in style, but the ambient and interlude pieces really pique my interest. To the point of hoping that POF would do a concept dark ambient album. One thing is for sure, POF can tell a good story.

Mdk

• 2 weeks later...

Thought about that also, i actually made POF d'n'b myspace at one point... I then discovered artists like Spor, Phace, Noisia, Apex, Misanthrop, Evol Intent, etc... And basicly realized our drum productions are ridiculous compared to wht they do... SOOoooo, so the drum/break idea was put on hold and the myspace deleted... :P

Thought about that also, i actually made POF d'n'b myspace at one point... I then discovered artists like Spor, Phace, Noisia, Apex, Misanthrop, Evol Intent, etc... And basicly realized our drum productions are ridiculous compared to wht they do... SOOoooo, so the drum/break idea was put on hold and the myspace deleted... :P

Dude! That just too bad. I never heard any of the artists you mentioned so maybe you did the right choice ;)

So make a collaboration with Artifakt then :P

Ok, enough of the requests.

• 3 weeks later...