who the hell is this Ace Ventura guy?

Lemmiwinks

Most of the time I live in the past with my music but every once in a while I get interested in new stuff that the scene has to offer. So lately I hear about Ace Vetura this and Ace Ventura that... who the hell is he? and is he any good?

Very talented pet detective and a damn good music producer also, though totally not my cup of tea. I'm yet to hear his double remix album Re:boot, it may be better then the original album Rebirth, which bored me to death.

If you like prog, you could try Ace Ventura. I did like one track of his, Ace Ventura vs Lish - The Light

If you like prog, you could try Ace Ventura. I did like one track of his, Ace Ventura vs Lish - The Light

+1

the first track released on his debut using the name ace ventura off course was pretty good to imo,

but for the rest not worth mentioning,

although I'm a fan of minimal/progressive

As one half of Psysex he made some incredible music imo....albums like Hardcore blastoff: yummie.....

But as Ace Ventura.....not my cup of tea and the other half of Psysex released an album last year, Healing, which doesn't have that old spark like the good old days of Psysex......too bad....

As one half of Psysex he made some incredible music imo....albums like Hardcore blastoff: yummie.....

But as Ace Ventura.....not my cup of tea and the other half of Psysex released an album last year, Healing, which doesn't have that old spark like the good old days of Psysex......too bad....

Dirty 80´s was pretty good indeed, they were following the good early path of infected mushroom!!!! ans now they seem to follow the sadly path of infected mushroom!

I might be biased, but ...

... How anyone can't like "The Light" is beyond me. It's not at all minimal, and I think that it's easily one of the best psytrance tracks released in the last 5 years. At home it can be a very deep listening-experience, and at a party it gets totally new life with that bassline which feels like a massive wall of sound. The moment when I first heard it at Tshitraka back in 2007, is still one of the best moments of my many years of partying.

... How anyone can't like "The Light" is beyond me.

I don't like the track "The Light" because that track is scratched in my cd. Not just scratched but the tracks after track 7 have peeled off :angry:

... How anyone can't like "The Light" is beyond me. It's not at all minimal, and I think that it's easily one of the best psytrance tracks released in the last 5 years. At home it can be a very deep listening-experience, and at a party it gets totally new life with that bassline which feels like a massive wall of sound. The moment when I first heard it at Tshitraka back in 2007, is still one of the best moments of my many years of partying.

I am very much biased and I also agree.

The track is both very emotional and also very much a dancefloor killer.

The last person to do it so well was Cosma :clapping:

"The Light" is indeed an awesome track, however it is the only above-average Ace Ventura track.

Everything else, except maybe the Perfect Stranger Remix on the remix CD, is just very bland-sounding run-of-mill prog with a distinct plastic full-on aftertaste. IMHO his tracks just sound too flat and clinically dead. They are like soulless zombies sucking the life out of any sound system... ;)