Do you feel goa/psy can compare with classical music?

karan129

Yes. Classical music is 160bpm, with killar basslines, a 4-to-the-floor beat and has many drug-related sound samples in it. It is also structured exactly the same, and the people dont actually play the instruments, they just press a button and the modulated sounds come out of a speaker. There is also a lot of reverb and LFOs in Classical music to create a nice wobble bass. Classical music does sometimes overuse the Glitch VST though. Classical music also only takes about 5 hours to compose.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. Classical music is 160bpm, with killar basslines, a 4-to-the-floor beat and has many drug-related sound samples in it. It is also structured exactly the same, and the people dont actually play the instruments, they just press a button and the modulated sounds come out of a speaker. There is also a lot of reverb and LFOs in Classical music to create a nice wobble bass. Classical music does sometimes overuse the Glitch VST though. Classical music also only takes about 5 hours to compose.

you got a wrong point of this theme bro......we are talking about (add least me definitely.......) the feeling that you get from listening Goa/Psy and if this feeling can be compared with classical ( this term is also ungratefull...).......definitely you can compare feeling between them sometimes(im full in love with Goa and thats why I feel such connection between them more often as others,but facts are facts and that is the whole true......) and nobody is talking about comparing the quality between them(if someone does,go shoot yourself.....:)).....I said in few posts before that oldschool Goa is made in some relations with classic (form) but it never cant be compared in other way.....classical music is given born to all music today,but in lots of today music you cant find this form......and oldschool Goa has it.....like Jazz,Rock,Metal(some of rock and metal ofcourse,they also cant be compared with GOA but some things can.....imagine the remix Sun Project-Space Dwarfs in metal,played by some band....)....there is also lots of classic stuff you can use in GOA...... so......:))

:lol: :lol: :lol:

the only resemblance i can find between both sides is that people that listen to this kind of music are elitists and have a tendency to think that they listen to the "best musical style" :wank:

Classic Music is to Goa what Celeron C 533mhz is to an Athlon 3.5ghz Quad Core

Sorry, I don't feel classic music even stands a chance today, most of it is insanely simple, and the only reason people think its some great incomparable thing is because the people that made it didn't hear psy or goa or trance or anything modern. The only thing classical music has going for it is a somewhat superior use of melody and harmony than most electronic artists.

Classical Music is to Modern Music like .mp3 is to .wav

If Mozart would have heard Astral Projection, he would have fucking committed suicide for his incompetence.

Yes, i have heard plenty orf classical, mozart, bach, trkovsky [sp?] bethooven [sp?] and a few others whos name i can't remember [russian stuff]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

the only resemblance i can find between both sides is that people that listen to this kind of music are elitists and have a tendency to think that they listen to the "best musical style" :wank:

Well if people didn't believe that Goa or Classical (or anything else) is the best why listen to that music in the first place? A Goa freak believes that Goa is the best music ever, that's why he's a...Goa freak.

Well if people didn't believe that Goa or Classical (or anything else) is the best why listen to that music in the first place?

Because good music is good music no matter what genre it is and there is no need to compare genres cause what is good for you will always be shit for someone else... you know taste and colors... so what is the best musical genre is actually a point less debate...

One point though where i think goa/psy can be compared to classical music, is that on the 1st listen they both are hard to like, at least for me... I remember the 1st time i heard Astral Projection i didn't like it at all, same with Chopin...

Amen :lol:

No matter what, in the end I'll always get bored of classical because the instruments used are the same and therefore all the sounds are the same. If classical started using synths that would be interesting, but with the same 'ol sounds that have been sounding the same for 400 years, it just doesn't do it. I know the composition and structure etc.. might be superior but the sound itself can be rather repetitive and then it gets boring.

For example, I"m sure if you played the rhythm on Electric Universe's One Love track on a piano, it would sound fairly ordinary, but that sound that's coming out of that synth is soooo beautiful.

No matter what, in the end I'll always get bored of classical because the instruments used are the same and therefore all the sounds are the same. If classical started using synths that would be interesting, but with the same 'ol sounds that have been sounding the same for 400 years, it just doesn't do it. I know the composition and structure etc.. might be superior but the sound itself can be rather repetitive and then it gets boring.

For example, I"m sure if you played the rhythm on Electric Universe's One Love track on a piano, it would sound fairly ordinary, but that sound that's coming out of that synth is soooo beautiful.

well....Ill understand that you know very little about classical music and thats ok,no one has born with knowledge,but....I wonder how can you hear the difference in all kind of trance if you cant feel the difference in 400 years with 6-7 different musical periods.....mabey you just heard till now this par youtube clips from us,but they are also very different......here,for example,Bachs-Toccata,Schuberts-Impromptu and Ravels-Scarbo(all 3 posted in this topic before....)......they are so different......also for example Juno Reactor-High Energy Protons,Astral Projection-Mahadeva and Infinitive Dimensions-Astral Plains(Lost Buddha rmx).....in both examples are differences in years of composions/productions and if you can hear difference in Goa example,you MUST hear the difference in totally other classical periods(Barock,Classical Romantizm and Modern Diabolic Romantizm).......no way that can be same.....

if you dont like such as music than say so,not that it sounds same or something like that cause its totally untrue.......

Thats not a bad idea. An orchestra of real instruments and synths. All loaded up with VSTs and wobble bass. Glitches on the violins. Some side-chain compression on the Cello's and Flutes so that the EQ's dont muddle up. Add some sick-ass Trance-gate, sawtooth synth effect over the oboes, and add some ultra low sub-bass with ultraviolent-hoovers going fuckshit all over the place.

Could be the next big thing.

Exactly, in music I appreciate three things

Melody (obvious)

rythmn

and timbre (my catch all phrase for the overall sound of each of the sounds, so like the attack on the synth... and every little setting... down to the eqs etc)

I find non edm genres don't focus nearly enough on timbre. I mean you can have an acid track that is basically the same notes for 4 minutes of the song straight... but make it sound amazing with just different attack/envelope etc settings... and instead of having an up down melody, you have up down of the synth settings... and it creates a similar yet different effect... that you can obv use at the same time as changing melodies to make things far more interesting. I mean for instance, when I hear a rock album... and they use the exact same kick for the slow track as the fast track thats just an instant *banghead* moment. Then again something like heavy metal has quite some focus on this too. I think every little setting on a song tells you more about how your meant to be feeling, and the more the better, although more elements isn't necessarily better.

Thats not a bad idea. An orchestra of real instruments and synths. All loaded up with VSTs and wobble bass. Glitches on the violins. Some side-chain compression on the Cello's and Flutes so that the EQ's dont muddle up. Add some sick-ass Trance-gate, sawtooth synth effect over the oboes, and add some ultra low sub-bass with ultraviolent-hoovers going fuckshit all over the place.

Could be the next big thing.

Sounds really good :)

if you dont like such as music than say so,not that it sounds same or something like that cause its totally untrue.......

I agree I know nothing about classical music, but aren't the instruments used in those 400 years the same, and therefore the sounds the same? I'm not saying that the composition or the rhythms etc... are same, I'm saying the sounds are same.

I agree I know nothing about classical music, but aren't the instruments used in those 400 years the same, and therefore the sounds the same? I'm not saying that the composition or the rhythms etc... are same, I'm saying the sounds are same.

You mabey feel thats sounds is same but belive me it isnt.....I agree that people who dont listen classical music mabey it sounds same,but also classical fans

would exact say for trance that sounds same because they cant understand it.....:) and one thing.....you dont listen serious music because of sound......:) ok,modern serious music is all about sound and belive me,that sometimes sounds same to me also ......:) and its because I cant understand it and I would needed a lots of books to read for understanding it......:)

here is something very beautifull......... :drama:

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=twy4gaJeLqs

there on right is also this 2.movement with Shostakovich himself playing it its better played and I love it more, but this clip I love also because of a lake and its more Rachmaninov style of playing.....more emotions.....:) and its easyer to understand........

My problem with the classical music I've heard (Bach, Mozart, Tchakovsky, etc) is that it is all very "square" sounding...

It is lacking in the psychedelic and "twisted" qualities that psy/goa music has...

It sounds like music made by people who had never explored alternate dimensions of consciousness...

Goa/psy music to me is the sound of LSD space, mushroom space, DMT space, ecstatic dancing, liberation of consciousness, bliss, etc...

Classical music has never had that feeling for me at all - it sounds like the music of old-fashion romance, wine, white aristocracy, garter belts, religion, etc etc etc...

Do you know what I mean?

My problem with the classical music I've heard (Bach, Mozart, Tchakovsky, etc) is that it is all very "square" sounding...

It is lacking in the psychedelic and "twisted" qualities that psy/goa music has...

It sounds like music made by people who had never explored alternate dimensions of consciousness...

Goa/psy music to me is the sound of LSD space, mushroom space, DMT space, ecstatic dancing, liberation of consciousness, bliss, etc...

Classical music has never had that feeling for me at all - it sounds like the music of old-fashion romance, wine, white aristocracy, garter belts, religion, etc etc etc...

Do you know what I mean?

Yes,I got the point,If you are looking such as feelings in classic,you wount find it,its about all other feelings,but from late romantizm till nowdays you can find a lots of sounds you wrote here,ofcourse,that music isnt written for that,but it can be very psychedelic and with wide consciousness,there are pieces for accordion that I cant sleep after those concerts,preety scary and demonish,saxofon,klarinette and other blase instruments has very bunch of modern pieces with so much psychedelia in it,one month before from now I was at one concert matinee on sunday,it was very sunny day and 11 in morning,one pianist has performed pieces from one american composer,she played lot more on piano strings else on keys and composer had played sounds from Logic with her,it was some pieces called Heaven and Hell,Yetty expirience(he played wind sounds on his Mac,and you could hear Yetty walking on mountain and his voice mumlin.....) than some buddhistic piece with some samples of buddhistic priechers....and all that with bunch of normal people with kids on sunday morning beautifull day in small house in front of Hilton hotel...... :lol: ......that was to me more psychedelic but most parties Ive been...there are lots of interesting pieces in serious music you can find this feelings what we are looking for.........:)

Do you know what I mean?

i don't know, i always feel bach sounds very psychedelic !!!!

Yeeeeees......... :posford:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=FAT_8MM1yb4

take a closer look from 1:30......ahahahhahaha :clapping:

He was genious.....on such instrument he makes such as sound.......unbeliveable.......:)

Yes! Bach for me is quite trippy, as is Holst & quite a few others.

I think people here Mozart & judge all classical on his work!

For me Mozart is the pop of classical. I find his work cheesy & to be honest boring & irritating. Simple & childish so I can't listen for too long.

I know my opinion is a really unpopular one but hell...... I find Mozart cheesy & crap :ph34r: