What is your views on ripping music?

sunwolf

I hate people who beg for rips; I don't think they deserve any music unless they have something to trade for it or pay for it, whether with originals or rips or money or sex or slave labor. <_<

It disturbs me how many people go begging for rips for free, thinking phrases like "thanks in advance" and "I really need this", including smiley faces, etc, will get it from me, when really they should say "I will pay you X dollars for this since it can't be bought in original" or whatever else. If they put no effort into it they don't deserve it at all IMO. :rolleyes:

But what disturbs me the most is the number of people who have given me rips of music for nothing at all (even though I offer to pay or trade for them) just because I asked them for it, like they have nothing better to do with their time or something (including many people using this site!).

In other words: Sadly what these begging people do works, so I like to post about it so hopefully it won't work as well. It works because there is another type of person who thinks sharing with beggars is a good thing and feels good when he does it. This type of person is basically the somewhat wealthy man who fears being poor and hence likes to maintain good rapport with poor people. :wacko: (Ideal smiley here would be :puke: )

It also disturbs me when the more discerning of these men say "you won't upload this to a p2p sharing site promise?" as though they can trust some random stranger on the internet they have know only through 1 typed message which is most likely cunning and full of lies in the first place!!! :lol:

That said, people who refuse to rip anything under any circumstance I also find annoying as there are some things that they may have the only copy of and not sell it, or that you cannot buy for less than 100 EUR, yet they don't want to allow anyone else to hear it I guess, because they are... irrational? retarded? :blink:

I am typing this as I've been around these types of people lots lately, being high on a torrent tracker and personally collecting lots of music in rips from various ways. (FYI I never put good music on the torrent tracker or encourage anyone else to, because along with the few respectable people there are many many other people that I don't like, though they are a "fact of life" and I must love them in a higher sense. :D )

I downloaded all of Michael Frantis music, but only listen to it on my pc.......Tho i havnt burned it off onto disc, does that make me bad?

i have a few that others have given me, again , only for my personal listening.....

I really hate that some djs wont even let you buy a track off them when you really really would love to listen to it lots and they have the only mix......:(

i have never blagged, never will, but if something is offered? not a problem for me. I give back in kind...usually something i have made, next time i see them they have a present from me!

There will always be blaggers in this world...just dont let them get to you..

Can I bum a fag in this thread?

I only ever sent someone one rip & that was the bonus track on a Japanese edition of an album that didn't have the bonus in other regions. He had bought the album so I sent him the final track. I think it was Abakus - That Much Closer To The Sun I just couldn't bear the thought that he had paid full price for an album & been left short by one blinding track.

But what disturbs me the most is the number of people who have given me rips of music for nothing at all (even though I offer to pay or trade for them) just because I asked them for it, like they have nothing better to do with their time or something (including many people using this site!).

What about if these people are just polite or they simply want nothing in exchange?

For sure I know now what I'm gonna tell you if you ask me anything.

Screw you!!!

I rip all my cds and i give my rips if somebody ask me.

That's what I'm talking about. If someone ask me for a track I'm glad to help him.

But ask ppl for rips and then bash them because they don't want anything in exchange? WTF is wrong with this guy?

I am the sixth person in this thread who is going to declare you an official idiot. Point given.

There are quite a few people on this very same forum who have given me loads of music for free, never asking anything in return.

Why should I offer somebody "X" dollars if I can politely ask and get the tunes for free?

Not my fault the only way you can get rare tunes is offering big bucks for 'em. That sucks.

Same as other people around here, I'd give anything to anybody if they ask me to. Always glad to help, and don't want money in return for ripped music files.

sunwolf guy is obviously a troll, and you guys got trolled by him simple as that :rolleyes: he is probably sitting in his troll cave eating popcorn right now and enjoying your angry responses :drama:

I hate people who beg for rips; I don't think they deserve any music unless they have something to trade for it or pay for it, whether with originals or rips or money or sex or slave labor. <_<

It disturbs me how many people go begging for rips for free, thinking phrases like "thanks in advance" and "I really need this", including smiley faces, etc, will get it from me, when really they should say "I will pay you X dollars for this since it can't be bought in original" or whatever else. If they put no effort into it they don't deserve it at all IMO. :rolleyes:

In other words: Sadly what these begging people do works, so I like to post about it so hopefully it won't work as well. It works because there is another type of person who thinks sharing with beggars is a good thing and feels good when he does it. This type of person is basically the somewhat wealthy man who fears being poor and hence likes to maintain good rapport with poor people. :wacko: (Ideal smiley here would be :puke: )

It also disturbs me when the more discerning of these men say "you won't upload this to a p2p sharing site promise?" as though they can trust some random stranger on the internet they have know only through 1 typed message which is most likely cunning and full of lies in the first place!!! :lol:

That said, people who refuse to rip anything under any circumstance I also find annoying as there are some things that they may have the only copy of and not sell it, or that you cannot buy for less than 100 EUR, yet they don't want to allow anyone else to hear it I guess, because they are... irrational? retarded? :blink:

I am typing this as I've been around these types of people lots lately, being high on a torrent tracker and personally collecting lots of music in rips from various ways. (FYI I never put good music on the torrent tracker or encourage anyone else to, because along with the few respectable people there are many many other people that I don't like, though they are a "fact of life" and I must love them in a higher sense. :D )

One thing is downloading free pirated music... Another thing is YOU making money on OTHER PEOPLES MUSIC!! I'm not cool with that at all

Truth be told, my ex bought me Pleiadians IFO for my birthday [technosomy has it now] and when it was received from whomever she bought it from, they included a ripped copy of Healer-Wonderground. I wanted the album for so long- I never had the chance to hear it. I heard nothing but great things about it, etcetera....it was great to finally hear it...I later bought it when I found a copy for less than 40 dollars. :-)

Same could be said for a TIP Yellow burn I received from somebody in Germany. I already had the original though but he included it for whatever reason when I bought a cd from him on the bay. I'm not going to cut your nuts off, or grill you for it, I'm not in the industry of profiting off music. Would I gladly share it with somebody? Sure, if they already had money invested in a music collection [regardless of what genres, etcetera]. Would I give you free music just so you could add to your growing list of MP3s but you own zero music items and have supported zero labels and zero artists? Likely not!

:-)

d

old :drama:

my collection is best from 1993 until 2000 when it comes to goatrance/psytrance,

some music will never be re-released, if people ask me why not...

new releases,

sometimes a track if someone asks me to have an idea what's album about, why not,

one track, no problem imo...

Social insight of the year. Does your mansion have a snail mail to send the trophy?

Why should I offer somebody "X" dollars if I can politely ask and get the tunes for free?

Not my fault the only way you can get rare tunes is offering big bucks for 'em. That sucks.

Lol!! I don't care what you offer, obviously you don't want to offer big money if you can get them for free. I'm just encouraging people not to give free music to random strangers. Sorry if this harms your strategy and hence makes me an "idiot".

sunwolf guy is obviously a troll, and you guys got trolled by him simple as that :rolleyes: he is probably sitting in his troll cave eating popcorn right now and enjoying your angry responses :drama:

Nope I was sleeping. :rolleyes: Get over the noob reflex where everything is troll this and troll that, it's not very becoming.

One thing is downloading free pirated music... Another thing is YOU making money on OTHER PEOPLES MUSIC!! I'm not cool with that at all

You realize you give it away for free and then these people will make money off further selling it? Perhaps not physically, but there is a good demand for rips of expensive music.

I'm not going to cut your nuts off, or grill you for it, I'm not in the industry of profiting off music. Would I gladly share it with somebody? Sure, if they already had money invested in a music collection [regardless of what genres, etcetera]. Would I give you free music just so you could add to your growing list of MP3s but you own zero music items and have supported zero labels and zero artists? Likely not!

Exactly my thoughts. People who beg for music and have nothing to offer in exchange I don't give music too. If someone has a collection in another genre at least he can offer me something from that genre, however it is not usually the case.

Nope I was sleeping. :rolleyes: Get over the noob reflex where everything is troll this and troll that, it's not very becoming.

I haev kilearg reflex in my left hand :wank:

Why not share rare OOP music with people who might enjoy it? I don't see the slightest difference if it's a "random stranger" or a close friend. Asking money, well each to their own, but I wouldn't do that.

I'm just encouraging people not to give free music to random strangers. Sorry if this harms your strategy and hence makes me an "idiot".

You failed, and haven't encouraged anybody to do anything. Yet again. My strategy cannot be harmed. I got music coming out of my skin pores, for free. And I let anybody who asks feel the same. So their strategies cannot be harmed either...

So basically, what you said is... well, nothing? Go back to sleep.

You failed, and haven't encouraged anybody to do anything. Yet again. My strategy cannot be harmed. I got music coming out of my skin pores, for free. And I let anybody who asks feel the same. So their strategies cannot be harmed either...

So basically, what you said is... well, nothing? Go back to sleep.

Do you have an inventory of your collection somewhere? <_<

LuBu and the other Troll are still not banned? :lol:

Yeah whats up? Thought it was quite obvious trolls, first the "christian goa trance" threads then a bunch of other random non sense :drama: