What is your views on ripping music?

sunwolf

Money for ripped music? That's more like stealing from the artists than just downloading via torrents/emule/whatever it if you ask me. People downloading often wouldn't buy it anyway, but if you are charging people money then you are directly taking money from the artists. Just my 2 cents

Yeah whats up? Thought it was quite obvious trolls, first the "christian goa trance" threads then a bunch of other random non sense :drama:

Umm what's the difference between a "troll" thread and a normal thread?

Hmm... in one case the person is serious, in the other they are lying?

The only "trolls" that need to be banned are the ones that make fake treads that degrade the forum. I could make the exact same threads as you do but be lying in them, this doesn't mean a thing.

In fact many people may define "troll" such that threads must be negative to be troll threads, in which case most of my threads don't qualify. :rolleyes:

The only "trolls" that need to be banned are the ones that make fake treads that degrade the forum. I could make the exact same threads as you do but be lying in them, this doesn't mean a thing.

In fact many people may define "troll" such that threads must be negative to be troll threads, in which case most of my threads don't qualify. :rolleyes:

please go away.

Money for ripped music? That's more like stealing from the artists than just downloading via torrents/emule/whatever it if you ask me. People downloading often wouldn't buy it anyway, but if you are charging people money then you are directly taking money from the artists. Just my 2 cents

Except that we're talking about music that you can't buy from the artist/label for many years! Most of these labels are long gone. Some of the artists even died. You can forward the money for the rip on to the artist if you like.

But the point is: who would you rather steal from the artist? Collectors who pay the artist when they can and own the original to make copies from, or random people who aim to never have to pay a cent for music. :rolleyes:

Except that we're talking about music that you can't buy from the artist/label for many years! Most of these labels are long gone. Some of the artists even died. You can forward the money for the rip on to the artist if you like.

But the point is: who would you rather steal from the artist? Collectors who pay the artist when they can and own the original to make copies from, or random people who aim to never have to pay a cent for music. :rolleyes:

Id rather support the pope than you, and that tells a lot. Now please leave the forum.

I hate people who beg for rips; I don't think they deserve any music unless they have something to trade for it or pay for it, whether with originals or rips or money or sex or slave labor. <_<

It disturbs me how many people go begging for rips for free, thinking phrases like "thanks in advance" and "I really need this", including smiley faces, etc, will get it from me, when really they should say "I will pay you X dollars for this since it can't be bought in original" or whatever else. If they put no effort into it they don't deserve it at all IMO. :rolleyes:

But what disturbs me the most is the number of people who have given me rips of music for nothing at all (even though I offer to pay or trade for them) just because I asked them for it, like they have nothing better to do with their time or something (including many people using this site!).

In other words: Sadly what these begging people do works, so I like to post about it so hopefully it won't work as well. It works because there is another type of person who thinks sharing with beggars is a good thing and feels good when he does it. This type of person is basically the somewhat wealthy man who fears being poor and hence likes to maintain good rapport with poor people. :wacko: (Ideal smiley here would be :puke: )

It also disturbs me when the more discerning of these men say "you won't upload this to a p2p sharing site promise?" as though they can trust some random stranger on the internet they have know only through 1 typed message which is most likely cunning and full of lies in the first place!!! :lol:

That said, people who refuse to rip anything under any circumstance I also find annoying as there are some things that they may have the only copy of and not sell it, or that you cannot buy for less than 100 EUR, yet they don't want to allow anyone else to hear it I guess, because they are... irrational? retarded? :blink:

I am typing this as I've been around these types of people lots lately, being high on a torrent tracker and personally collecting lots of music in rips from various ways. (FYI I never put good music on the torrent tracker or encourage anyone else to, because along with the few respectable people there are many many other people that I don't like, though they are a "fact of life" and I must love them in a higher sense. :D )

what's your point ?

dont understand why u make such a fuss about it

people asking for rips... or you react out of interest (trade?) or you ignore

people giving rips for free: no problem for me, as long as i'm interested in the music i go for it

people sharing rips only to people that promise not to share further on p2p.. now there i hear ya

but i can't be bothered with it

and why call people names just because they trigger irritation in you ?

so... what's the point u are trying to make ?

are u looking for personal opinions on ripping ?

or what ?

His point is ultimately irrelevant because this is trolling, pure and simple. He's pretty good at it too--the better trolls bury their most inflammatory statements inside a smokescreen of seemingly reasonable and innocuous argumentation. Then they come back to chip away at whatever counter-arguments have been presented, dissecting the posts of adversaries to find any kind of leverage to perpetuate the controversy. There's an art to it, really, this application of skills of rhetoric in the digital age.

boring :drama: