New Eat Static CD

Kai-Q

Been looking forward to this since it was first announced last year....should be tops. In recent years, their downtempo stuff has definitely been top notch.

One of the finest sets I have seen in ages was their downtempo one at Waveform last year. Sun coming up, coffee, fry up and a spliff. Marvellous.

But what is this about Joie and Merv splitting? Nooooooooooooooooo!!!

Posted Image

New chilled album ’Back to Earth’ finished!

1) Tuned Mass Damper

2) Pharaoh

3) Lo-Ride Sloucher

4) Flippity,Flippity

5) Epoch Calypso

6) Holy Stone

7) Pearl Of Wisdom

8) Up,Periscope

9) Dune Rider

10) Valley of the Moon

11) The Wreckage

After releasing tracks on 7 Interchill compilations to date, the time has finally come for a full length album from Eat Static. Back To Earth is the latest serving from these long-standing pioneers on the electronic frontier. Delivering a solid selection of unreleased tracks, this highly anticipated sonic masterwork is sure to capture the attention of their ever-growing fan base around the world.

Packed with all new material recorded over the past year, Back To Earth features an exquisite tracklist of tunes that reveal the true extent of Eat Static's musical ingenuity. The album is infused with dashes of Arabian and jazzy influences alongside solid rhythmic elements and layers of spaced out, otherworldly effects that bear their precision-crafted signature.

Coursing through breaks, dub and lounge territory, Back To Earth includes collaborations with Ed Wynne of the Ozric Tentacles and Steve Hillage of System 7 and Mirror System notoriety. Complete with an unparalleled degree of stylistic variety and detail, this album lands just in time for the summer season, encapsulating all that people have come to expect from Eat Static over the years.

All new tracks .. :posford:

Edited by Towelie

Guest antic

Interchill says release date is supposed to be June 6th. That's tomorrow!

Somehow I doubt that it will happen this soon, but still. Most anticipated album of the year for me. :)

Arabasque site says 20th of June and I'm sure they know better, because they're the distributor.

Plus, they've got SAMPLES!!! :wub:

Arabasque site says 20th of June and I'm sure they know better, because they're the distributor.

Plus, they've got SAMPLES!!! :wub:

Wow ! Great samples ! Trippy stuff... hardly wait for the release. :D

its going to be so good theres no point of listening to any other new albums

Agree.

Although the samples on Arabesque didn't tell me ANYTHING. Pointless short low-quality samples, I would never base my decision to buy it on those.

Instead, anyone considering buying this, should take my word for it and grab without thinking twice. This can impossibly be no good.

:)

Agree.

Although the samples on Arabesque didn't tell me ANYTHING. Pointless short low-quality samples, I would never base my decision to buy it on those.

Instead, anyone considering buying this, should take my word for it and grab without thinking twice. This can impossibly be no good.

:)

low quality samples really don't help - But I'm sure this album will be much better in the flesh...

very much on my list to buy :clapping:

• 4 weeks later...

What happened to this :huh: ?

Is it out?

It's unavailable on Psyshop and not even in the catalogue on Wirikuta (they don't even have it in the "coming soon" section...) ... and when I search it on Google I get pointed to more illegal sites than legal ones already on the first page. Discogs doesn't list the album either.

What is this?

Amazon says it already can be ordered as UK import, but Psyshop doesn't have it ... what happened?