The Worst, most pitful excuses for albums 2007

abasio

Even though I really enjoyed Alien Projects-Activation Portal, I know that 99% of you guys, & gals here didnt, so Im surprised that no one has mentioned it yet.

That doesn't even come close.

As bland & uninspired as that was, at least the guy seemed like he tried. 1200 Mic's - Magic Numbers was just an insult, a big shit in to the faces of their fans. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That doesn't even come close.

As bland & uninspired as that was, at least the guy seemed like he tried. 1200 Mic's - Magic Numbers was just an insult, a big shit in to the faces of their fans. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Is really that bad? :D

Considering that I never liked their debut album, I can't even think how bad this will sound in my ears! Cult status reached?

Is really that bad? :D

Considering that I never liked their debut album, I can't even think how bad this will sound in my ears! Cult status reached?

Do you like badly played guitars in trance?

Do you like the same tired basslines?

Do you like cheesy euro pop samples?

Would you buy an album with where the last track was a 24 minute mix of old tracks and even one from earlier on the album?

if not then yes it really is that bad. if you do then *points and laughs*

there live gig on fmf last year was the most super ultra mega specialestest gig i have ever seen. It was remarkably bad. most worstestly bad i have ever seen. :lol:

What he said. That act really, really sucked on so many dimensions of arse.

Listening to The time machine atm... this stuff is great! Seriously you guys should check out that album...

Listening to magic numbers again... wtf do you hate about it? Sure the thunderstruck track was lame... but the opening track and the others tracks are great. Sure its perhaps the least solid thing I've ever heard but its sure as hell really crazy. I've never really been a big hallucinogen fan... and I must say this is defenitly on par with shpongle... except you might actually put it in a set.

This is just as innovative as infecteds latest album or the latest shpongle album. Just 1 of them is excellent... one is good and one is ok.

Comon guys at least its not full on. Although time machine was definitly much better! Great album that.

Sure theres some crappy tracks on the album but comon... Raja Ram is just brilliant... and there are some really really nice as well as unique tracks on every 1200 mics album.

Listening to The time machine atm... this stuff is great! Seriously you guys should check out that album...

I have it! I thought it was pretty average fullon crap.

Listening to magic numbers again... wtf do you hate about it? Sure the thunderstruck track was lame... but the opening track and the others tracks are great. Sure its perhaps the least solid thing I've ever heard but its sure as hell really crazy.

Please Read That is exactly what I thought was wrong with it

I've never really been a big hallucinogen fan... and I must say this is defenitly on par with shpongle... except you might actually put it in a set.

WTF??? That's like comparing art (shpongle) with a steaming pile of dog shite (1200 Mic's)

This is just as innovative as infecteds latest album or the latest shpongle album. Just 1 of them is excellent... one is good and one is ok.

I guess this might describe you?

The This is a joint sample which is repeated are pretty shit. The sort of stuff that appeals to young teens just getting into Weed. These guys probably think, Awww awesome dude, they talk about drugs & taking drugs, they are so cool & rebellious. This stuff is awesome! They push the boat & sample stuff our parents would find offensive What you little kids don't understand is that your parents were probably into much more drug related music in their time. Ever heard Bob Dylan's lyrics? Now there is some drug references with music that is way more trippy than this could ever be. Just putting cheesy as drug shit in a track does not make it cool or anti establishment, it just makes it cheesy & shit.

Plus this has to be the least innovative thing I've ever heard. If you've listened to their old works, tell me, just how innovative do you really think that last track is?

Comon guys at least its not full on. Although time machine was definitly much better! Great album that.

Sure theres some crappy tracks on the album but comon... Raja Ram is just brilliant... and there are some really really nice as well as unique tracks on every 1200 mics album.

Not fullon? What genre is it then? There are no nice tracks on this album in my opinion.

This is horrid, cheesy, guitar ridden, childish sample ridden train wreck covered in dog shite of an album.

Not fullon? What genre is it then? There are no nice tracks on this album in my opinion.

This is horrid, cheesy, guitar ridden, childish sample ridden train wreck covered in dog shite of an album.

BEST ALBUM EVER, no one can beat it.

THIS IS THE MASTERPICE FOREVER.

WTF??? That's like comparing art (shpongle) with a steaming pile of dog shite (1200 Mic's)

Plus this has to be the least innovative thing I've ever heard. If you've listened to their old works, tell me, just how innovative do you really think that last track is?

Hahahaa

I wonder why darkabiter won't answer to your post Abasio :lol:

Well its psytrance but not full on, morning or dark... like sun projects stuff etc

Thats nice that you think that... don't get pissed at me because my taste is different. I stand by my comments... Magic numbers was a reasonable album with a few great tracks... and The time machine was a great album with quite a few great tracks. I fail to see how it's full on? You might call it crap/whatever but it sure as hell isn't full on that sounds like everything else. Full on does not equal crap... you'll have to find out that this crap is apparently in another psytrance genre I'm sorry.

I'm sorry you don't like it... I think most tracks on Hallucinogen-Twisted except the opening are average too.

And what do you mean its like comparing shpongle to "this dog shit" it is comparing shpongle to "this dog shite" your so enraged you lack comprehension.

Hahahaa

I wonder why darkabiter won't answer to your post Abasio :lol:

maybe because I live in Australia and wasn't online at the time

[EDIT] Need I link to this thread http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=21707

Well its psytrance but not full on, morning or dark... like sun projects stuff etc

Thats nice that you think that... don't get pissed at me because my taste is different. I stand by my comments... Magic numbers was a reasonable album with a few great tracks... and The time machine was a great album with quite a few great tracks. I fail to see how it's full on? You might call it crap/whatever but it sure as hell isn't full on that sounds like everything else. Full on does not equal crap... you'll have to find out that this crap is apparently in another psytrance genre I'm sorry.

I'm sorry you don't like it... I think most tracks on Hallucinogen-Twisted except the opening are average too.

And what do you mean its like comparing shpongle to "this dog shit" it is comparing shpongle to "this dog shite" your so enraged you lack comprehension.

So this is not fullon but by slagging this off I am bashing fullon?

I actually like a lot of fullon, I also think this is fullon. This though is a terrible excuse for fullon. I don't think this is average in anyway, I think it is one of the worst albums I've ever heard.

You my friend seem to lack comprehension of my analogy! I said, comparing shpongle to 1200 mic's is like comparing art to dog shite. You can't compare art to dog shite as one is a beautiful representation of someone's dreams while the other is a stinking pile of waste.

I understand different tastes mate but this I just do not understand

I wrote

Obviously this music is not my cup of tea & people will tell me I'm bitter because I'm just not into it. But I know here that I am right. Releasing an album where almost half of it is just your old material show no respect for the fans. The music as it is there old stuff is actually not too bad but for fuck's sake I've already got it!!!!! The worst part, yes it gets fucking worse is that they actually at the end of this mix include NumberStruck! Yes track Two from this album.

& I stand by this. If you are impressed by this half baked lazy piece of shit then you deserve it. If you are fine with this disrespectful slap in the face then you really must have no respect for yourself. I hope that when you grow up you wont accept this sort of lazy disrespect in other more important areas of your life.

So this is not fullon but by slagging this off I am bashing fullon?

I actually like a lot of fullon, I also think this is fullon. This though is a terrible excuse for fullon. I don't think this is average in anyway, I think it is one of the worst albums I've ever heard.

You my friend seem to lack comprehension of my analogy! I said, comparing shpongle to 1200 mic's is like comparing art to dog shite. You can't compare art to dog shite as one is a beautiful representation of someone's dreams while the other is a stinking pile of waste.

I understand different tastes mate but this I just do not understand

I wrote

& I stand by this. If you are impressed by this half baked lazy piece of shit then you deserve it. If you are fine with this disrespectful slap in the face then you really must have no respect for yourself. I hope that when you grow up you wont accept this sort of lazy disrespect in other more important areas of your life.

Can't?

Can't???

Do you know what can't means. It means you cannot... which is a factual statement. Your opinion on how good art is, is not factual

fail

Also... Shpongle would probably imo be quite a lot less interesting without Raja Rams work on it. Guess who is also a member of 1200 mics? I find it very lol that you are so offended by the comparison when they are close to each other in sound(to a limited extent) and member composition.

I'm sorry but my artistic tastes don't have much to do with respect for myself. If I mentioned popularity you might say otherwise... however I didn't. Magic numbers is a 6/10 album imo (some very bad and some very good tracks) and 1200 mics the time machine is imo a 9/10 album. I can understand why you hate magic numbers... however the time machine?

Why aren't you slagging off anyone in the time machine review thread who said they liked it cos its fun.

Needless to say you have no credibility in genre naming! Your ambient mix contains only downbeat and reggae.

There is only word to describe you abasio and that is jaded. For me a 7 track album with 3 incredibly bad tracks that are 80s remixes but 4 great tracks is an album that only has 4 tracks.

Are you even reading my posts before you reply? Or do you really just not get what I'm saying?

Can't?

Can't???

Do you know what can't means. It means you cannot... which is a factual statement. Your opinion on how good art is, is not factual

fail

Nuance!!

NUANCE!!!!!???

Do you know what that means? People don't speak like a dictionary & can't is often used not just for impossibility but for when you think something is stupid! "You can't go to Iraq!" I can but I don't think it would be a good idea.

Also do you think dog shite is art? Just asking.

Also... Shpongle would probably imo be quite a lot less interesting without Raja Rams work on it. Guess who is also a member of 1200 mics? I find it very lol that you are so offended by the comparison when they are close to each other in sound(to a limited extent) and member composition.

I know that Raja Ram is a member of 1200 Mic's. I don't really know how much he contributes to either project but if you think shpongle & 1200 Mic's are similar in style.....then I have no idea what to say! I couldn't think of two sounds that are more different from shpongle's trippy adventures into dreams & 1200 Mics cheesy fun stuff.

I'm sorry but my artistic tastes don't have much to do with respect for myself. If I mentioned popularity you might say otherwise... however I didn't. Magic numbers is a 6/10 album imo (some very bad and some very good tracks) and 1200 mics the time machine is imo a 9/10 album. I can understand why you hate magic numbers... however the time machine?

You really are not reading are you? I've had no go at people's tastes in music. Hell it's not that I don't like the music that I have such a problem with this album but it is that last track which is just a live mix of there previous music (& even a track from earlier on the album) this is not just music I don't like or even bad music! It's lazy disrespectful crap! If they didn't have enough new material to put out an album they should have released an album, and charged full price for it. I'm guessing you must have downloaded this if you aren't incredibly pissed off by that final slap in the face. Accepting track 7 is accepting lazy disrespect. Do you understand that? This is not about the style or quality of the music. It's about them not caring enough to make enough music before trying to make money.

Why aren't you slagging off anyone in the time machine review thread who said they liked it cos its fun.

I had no problem with The Time Machine, that's why! You really are not understanding what I'm saying are you? Or are you just not reading?

Needless to say you have no credibility in genre naming! Your ambient mix contains only downbeat and reggae.

You've lost me here mate! I made a lounge mix with a lot of downbeat & some reggae but my ambient mixes are usually pretty much ambient. So which ambient mix do you mean? My Dark Ambient mix? Or This one? This one maybe? Plus I've never claimed to be a genre nazi! Most genres overlap these days anyway.

:posford:

There is only word to describe you abasio and that is jaded. For me a 7 track album with 3 incredibly bad tracks that are 80s remixes but 4 great tracks is an album that only has 4 tracks.

You describe me in word word and that is jaded? You've not read much from me then have you. Really mate, try reading before you post! I am really happy with the modern state of the scene. & I've been in it for 14 years. I've reviewed quite a few albums this year. Most I've really liked. The main reason I reviewed this album is because I viewed it as a slap in the face to their fans.

For me 2007 was the worst year for full-on psy since i first got into the scene. I've already decided that if 2008 remains the same i will stop listening to full-on altogether. Surprisingly i wasn't into progressive much before but since the full-on releases were so crap i started listening to progressive & it had lots of good releases.

I'm surprised to read Broken Toy's album being mentioned here, i actually thought it was quite decent. Just goes to show how much tastes can differ.

the ultimate bitchin thread!!

Anyhow, one's impression of an artist/album may differ from the other. One man's garbage is another man's gold. Sometimes this impression is so obvious to you that you think someone who has a different oppinion must be mad. Now I'm not the all-neutral type, I've had a bit of bashing on certain aritsts/albums/recordlabels(lol), here on psynews. Now that I think about it, I would of taken a different approach now (we learn from our own mistakes). It's allways nice to express your opinion, but when you're too confident you can sometimes go overboard. Tastes are NOT for discussion, in my honest opinion ;)

ok here's a typical situation:

Wrong:

1: I like blue and black, red is ok, but i dont really like green.

2: I really like green, I think blue is just disgusting!

1: WTF Blue disgusting??! Are you fuckin MAD?!?! Green is the shittiest color ever omg!!

Ok:

1: I like blue and black, red is ok, but i dont really like green.

2: I'm more of a green dude, blue just doesn't fit my taste.

1: Oh well, too bad you don't enjoy blue as much as me, it's so awesome man!

2: Yeah, but, I enjoy green just as much as you do blue, so I'm just fine with my choice.

See, if someone takes pleasure in one type of music, or an artist/album/track, why would you want to think that something that fits your music taste perfectly would suit the other one just as much or even better than his own? I like to think we're all unique, so we can't possibly all have the same taste in music. There is a chance you like the same genre as someone else, you like the common bands/artists, but I'm sure there will be some music that you will never both agree on is good or bad.

You really are not reading are you? I've had no go at people's tastes in music.

Because I can't be bothered qouting it "you must have no self respect"

That wasn't about music at all was it?

And did you even listen to the last track? Yes its cheap but at least there were seperate (and still good) versions of the songs (at least of the songs that were good anyway)... so that suggests they might actually be a good live act.

Seriously dude I'll say it again... you lack comprehension AND your getting pissed off over an opinion.