Dimension 5 - Transdimensional Re-release, Goasia, Kob album! = Suntrip Updates :D

Hi, I have set up for you a teaser of the reissue where you can check the new mastering !

Dimension5 1996-2007 Back to Back !!!

More great news!

Unfortunately, I won't listen to this today (because I'm drooling over my new stereo :) :)) but on the bright(?) side of things, I've ordered a new (international) credit card,it's arriving next week, and your new releases may be one of the reasons :)

Hi, I have set up for you a teaser of the reissue where you can check the new mastering !

Everything is more clear but, i dont know if you people feel the same, i get this feeling that the previous mastering made the track more powerfull, does the bassline changed? or maybe the speed of the track? <_<

Sorry but is just my opinion maybe iam being a little exquisite :unsure:

I listened again both and the track is much much better very clear :D but i still get that feeling that with the previous mastering the bassline had a more powerfull feeling

what I love with albums are stickers.... hint hint

ok, now I'm getting greedy 8)

Omg, haha. Aren't you presumptious! Suntrip brings out the magical cake after all these years. You haven't even eaten your first piece yet and already you're asking for seconds! :D:)

Wow. Mars this is the first time I ever heard anything from off this album. I was frozen, without thought and to think clearly after longing to hear this after so many years. It sounds excellent. This re-release is going to be so special to so many people.

- The 1996 mastered version clearly has that old-school production sound. Naturally both are old-school. The melodies seem juicy and the beat and bassline seems less strong. The music is awesome and the production has that aged but organic, classic goatrance sound. Most Goa-Trancers love this sound. However it isn't up to todays production values.

- The 2007 mastered version sounds more clear, crisp. It's as if to be in a higher quality. The melodies appear to have been left alone. They still have that tasty, juicy flavor. This is all positive as you'd probably expect from Tim Schuldt. And here is my question. Is the kickdrum a little too strong or turned up for its own good? I continuously alternated back-and-forth between both mastered versions and very slightly felt a little bit of my attention go into the kick more from the 2007 verson as opposed to the 1996. Just slightly. Naturally this remastering has made the production new-school while leaving the music old-school so to speak. Production back then was no where up to what it is today... I believe the overall sound is better. I wouldn't go making the kickdrum any harder or raised or accentuated though. Doing this any more will likely take energy and "feel" away from D5's lush, classic sound. For both remasted versions and times I think both sound great and I trust your judgement either way.

Edit:

One last thing. You can always make a double album with the old and new version and fit it into one thin plastic container the same way Jikkenteki did on his 2006 "The Long Walk Home" album. I don't believe it costs that much more a copy to pull this off when so many albums are produced, ordered. It could be fun to have and listen to the classic old and new version of the rarest, most sought after goatrance album of all time. After all it's mostly goatrance collecters and lovers of goatrance who will be buying this.

Very interesting.

Obviously increased the compression on the bassdrums to make them more defined.

This seems to be the standard today.

The new master seems to have a greater frequency responce overall to my ears.

Tell the mastering engineer he has done excellent work, I appreciate it.

I'm sure I will buy this.

One last thing. You can always make a double album with the old and new version and fit it into one thin plastic container the same way Jikkenteki did on his 2006 "The Long Walk Home" album. I don't believe it costs that much more a copy to pull this off when you so many disc's produced.

When "The Long Walk Home" was printed, the printing of the discs was about $500 (USD) more, but the cost of the cases was a lot higher. Single disc releases have become so cheap to press at many places (around $1000 USD where PAR-2 goes) that printing a double disc release is now basically close to the same as printing 2 single releases.

The new mastering is a little more compressed, which I expected, but at least it wasn't too bad. I don't really see the point, though. The old one sounds great, and the new one isn't different enough to warrant mention.

The new mastering is a little more compressed, which I expected, but at least it wasn't too bad. I don't really see the point, though. The old one sounds great, and the new one isn't different enough to warrant mention.

People wanted it

Ok... The public has spoken...

Remastered it will be :D

see?

:)

off course there is always the discussion remastered vs original mastering... And as you guys saw I wasn't too sure about remastering myself in the past... but, i am now totally sure the remastered version had to be done, there are tracks, where new details become hearable... where in the original the sound was more chaotic and closed, the melodies and acid sounds are now much more crystal clear, which makes new melodies say "hi" :)

of course the kicks are harder as before, but this makes this release playable when you have to play on a 2007 party... :) the djs still spinning old school know what I mean, this is the sound that make people thing "hey, this sounds like something else in 2007 :P"

About stickers and flyers... well, we will print some stuff the following weeks normally :) you will be kept informed!

Also... If people are dying to see D5 :) They will perform in Belgium in Autumn :D :D

:)

off course there is always the discussion remastered vs original mastering... And as you guys saw I wasn't too sure about remastering myself in the past... but, i am now totally sure the remastered version had to be done, there are tracks, where new details become hearable... where in the original the sound was more chaotic and closed, the melodies and acid sounds are now much more crystal clear, which makes new melodies say "hi" :)

of course the kicks are harder as before, but this makes this release playable when you have to play on a 2007 party... :) the djs still spinning old school know what I mean, this is the sound that make people thing "hey, this sounds like something else in 2007 :P"

About stickers and flyers... well, we will print some stuff the following weeks normally :) you will be kept informed!

Also... If people are dying to see D5 :) They will perform in Belgium in Autumn :D :D

oh my god i have just fallen over

i would give anything to see them live

nostalgia people i hope it is appreciated by the europeans as us on the other side of the planet seem so far away

hope plenty can make it to see these masters

Omg, haha. Aren't you presumptious! Suntrip brings out the magical cake after all these years. You haven't even eaten your first piece yet and already you're asking for seconds! :D:)

Wow. Mars this is the first time I ever heard anything from off this album. I was frozen, without thought and to think clearly after longing to hear this after so many years. It sounds excellent. This re-release is going to be so special to so many people.

- The 1996 mastered version clearly has that old-school production sound. Naturally both are old-school. The melodies seem juicy and the beat and bassline seems less strong. The music is awesome and the production has that aged but organic, classic goatrance sound. Most Goa-Trancers love this sound. However it isn't up to todays production values.

- The 2007 mastered version sounds more clear, crisp. It's as if to be in a higher quality. The melodies appear to have been left alone. They still have that tasty, juicy flavor. This is all positive as you'd probably expect from Tim Schuldt. And here is my question. Is the kickdrum a little too strong or turned up for its own good? I continuously alternated back-and-forth between both mastered versions and very slightly felt a little bit of my attention go into the kick more from the 2007 verson as opposed to the 1996. Just slightly. Naturally this remastering has made the production new-school while leaving the music old-school so to speak. Production back then was no where up to what it is today... I believe the overall sound is better. I wouldn't go making the kickdrum any harder or raised or accentuated though. Doing this any more will likely take energy and "feel" away from D5's lush, classic sound. For both remasted versions and times I think both sound great and I trust your judgement either way.

One last thing. You can always make a double album with the old and new version and fit it into one thin plastic container the same way Jikkenteki did on his 2006 "The Long Walk Home" album. I don't believe it costs that much more a copy to pull this off when you so many disc's produced. It could be fun to have the classic old and new version of a the rarest and most sought after goatrance album of all time. Afte all it is mostly goatrance collecters and lovers of goatrance who will be buying this, the majority if not everyone.

The previous bassline was less harder but it had a more powerfull feeling because it echoes or resounds much more because its less clear anyway i like the remastering:)

Guest Cosmogenesis

Ooooooooooo!!!!!! D5 live? :o What a big surprise!!!! Can't miss this unique event, I'll be there! :D Joske, please communicate the date of this gig as soon as you can in the forum, in order to planify in advance my travel in Belgium. :)

I guess that Ra will maybe present his new album at this event too, isn't it? :D

And for the remastering, indeed, great job made by Tim Schuldt, the new sounding is more detailed, more efficient, therefore even more "dimensional" as the previous one according to me. This is exactly what "Transdimensional" needed in 2007. :)

Ouch ! They are having live performance ? In autumn ? Uhhhhh.... :rolleyes:

Good news about remastering, it should happen, I am sure Mr. Schuldt will do great job... :D