Psy Wars: The Return of the Riton

Riton

Hey everybody,

Haven't been around here for a while, my life kinda got fucked up right after my last post, on April 19th.

Without getting into too many downer details, my dad had open heart surgery for the second time (he's 76, and im 20. weirded out yet?).

During my Spring break, right after my last post, I went to France to visit him (I was studying in Israel at the time).

He wasn't doing anywhere close to as good as I thought he was, and i decided to drop out of my first year of uni and stay with him for a while.

Now that he's doing better, it's my duty to get back to studying and stuff.

During the 8 months i spent basically alone with my father in a small village in France (right next to the Hadra festival location in the alps btw), I got to do a lot of thinking, but also i isolated myself from old life in Israel. Really got to see what was important to me, and the few psy tracks I had with me made a big difference.

Well now that you know my story, im basically here to kindly ask people what they would recommend me getting, obviously things released after April 20th until, well, today!

Im not going to discriminate against any sub genres of psy or ambient since i feel those 8 months probably altered my taste in music and im ready for a new "all you can try" buffet.

Oh and to those who don't know me: sap?

Until next time...

May the shakshuka be with you.

>))))*>

Dav

Hey everybody,

Haven't been around here for a while, my life kinda got fucked up right after my last post, on April 19th.

Without getting into too many downer details, my dad had open heart surgery for the second time (he's 76, and im 20. weirded out yet?).

During my Spring break, right after my last post, I went to France to visit him (I was studying in Israel at the time).

He wasn't doing anywhere close to as good as I thought he was, and i decided to drop out of my first year of uni and stay with him for a while.

Now that he's doing better, it's my duty to get back to studying and stuff.

During the 8 months i spent basically alone with my father in a small village in France (right next to the Hadra festival location in the alps btw), I got to do a lot of thinking, but also i isolated myself from old life in Israel. Really got to see what was important to me, and the few psy tracks I had with me made a big difference.

Well now that you know my story, im basically here to kindly ask people what they would recommend me getting, obviously things released after April 20th until, well, today!

Im not going to discriminate against any sub genres of psy or ambient since i feel those 8 months probably altered my taste in music and im ready for a new "all you can try" buffet.

Oh and to those who don't know me: sap?

Until next time...

May the shakshuka be with you.

>))))*>

Dav

oood - free range

should start you off

Sounds like you had a hard but somehow also rewarding time... Anyway, some releases you could check out:

U-Recken - Aquatic Serenade (full-on)

Reefer Decree - Point Of You (progressive)

Flowjob - Support Normality (housy progressive)

Taika-Kim - Goddess Guerilla (downloadable at his homepage, goa)

Ka-Sol - Fairytale

more on the cheesy side of full-on:

Digicult - Avenida Del Belgica

Optokoppler - Bugfix

Older stuff you might appreciate if you don't allready know it:

Planum - Elaborate

Nystagmus - Imaculate Perception

-=Full-on/Dark Psytrance=-

Electrypnose - Le Tireur Des Fiscelles

Phatmatix - Sorcery

Guinea Pigs - Not Tested On Animals

-=Suomi Psy=-

Eraser vs Yojalka - Lord Of The Liverdance

Salakavala - Fractal Fishing

=-Ambient/Chill/IDM/Downtempo-=

Kattoo - Hang On To A Dream

Displacer - Cage Fighter's Lullaby

Quench - Caipruss

Antigen Shift - The Way Of The North

Flint Glass - Nyarlathotep

Electrypnose - Subliminal Melancholies

Psyfactor - Evil Inside

Guest The Journey Man Project

Music wise I reckon finding th efollowing tracks:

Psy Trance:

1. Datakult & Infect Insect - "Abject Object" (Nabi)

2. Psyfactor - "Vodka Madness" (Trishula)

3. Alien Mental - "Itchin 'n' Glitchin" (M.o.E) *

4. Fractal Cowboys - "Alien Together Now (Baba Mix)" (Manic Dragon)

5. Dark Elf - "More More More" (Trishula)

6. Brain Waves - "Black Cat" (Discovalley)

7. Candy Power - "Century Crashers" (Discovalley"

8. Mubali & Xyla - "Mechanophobia" (Trishula) * (Mubali only)

9. Stranger vs Fraktal Noise - "Strange Noise" (Discovalley)

10. Claw - "Disturbed Galaxy" (Trishula)

Tibal Vision Records:

1. Tegma - "50,000 Watts"

2. Rai - "Groove"

3. Holm & Andersen - "Cityrain"

4. Vibrasphere - "Manzanilla (Jaia Remix)"

5. Sonify - "Groove Seductive"

6. Rai - "Let's Dance"

7. P.O.T.S - "Pole Position Club"

8. Tegma - "El Mariachi"

9. Brisk & Magitman - "Strike Back"

10. B.L.T & Elysium - "Subway"

Guest The Journey Man Project

chill out wise you should just grab th elatest from Chill Tribe Records, Native State Records and also V.A - "Tribal Matrix" (Dakini) => this one is great for making hot love!

Welcome back kebab master. We really need to meet soon. I'm almost recovered from a lengthy disease myself, didn't even meet moti after he came back from india and He's like working 10 meters away from me now :-) talk ya later ya shakshuka mastargh

Hey everyone :D

Good to be back, it's funny to say but this is the online forum where i really sorta feel at home.

As if im sitting in a nice big comfy couch once i log in, and not in a shitty ass foldable plastic stool.

it seems to be that a few of what you're recommending me are from BEFORE april.

Which means I most likely already have them, so ill have to wait till i get back and have a look at my collection before i can tell you waht i think :)

I might be moving to Boston next year btw, anybody live around there?

Dav