Saiko Sounds without credit card - very expensive

RTP

Okay, I'm very pissed off. VERY. And I'm not even pissed off at Saiko Sounds themselves, in fact they actually aren't responsible for any of this.

I just want to illustrate, since we had a pretty heaty discussion with mister Radi about the money that psy shops charge you for shipping/COD/whatever.

My own experience:

From the email they sent me (yes, this here is my own order, you have the exclusive privilege to looking into my most intimate details, hehe :) ):

-| stock details |-

|- 1 x Human Blue - Essence / Proggy Froggy - 12" - Transient - [TRA071] = $US 4.95

|- 1 x Matenda - Baraba / Great Human - 12" - Midijum - [MD14] = $US 3.95

|- 1 x Matenda - Moment / Sophisticated Mind - 12" - Spiral Trax - [sPIT19] = $US 4.95

|- 1 x Phonatic - Weightlessness - 12" - Jum Jam - [JJR07] = $US 4.95

|- 1 x Prex - R.F.N / Mandrake - 12" - Spiral Trax - [sPIT15] = $US 5.95

. net price = $US 24.75

. shipping price = $US 22.40

. total price = $US 47.15

Note how the shipping price is almost as high as the price I pay! And I have chosen Airmail btw, not courier! I know that vinyls cost more shipping, but that's quite a lot, ey?

But that was not the real point why I meade that thread here. I know, shipping is a lot, but I knew that before, I could have cancelled the order. But I accepted it and didn't do anything.

But now here it comes:

The total amount above translates to EUR 35,36 ... nothing bad here, but now listen: I have been at the bank just right now. And guess what I have paid in total!

Are you sitting? Because here is the amount:

56,21 EUROS!!! :o :o :o

Did you read that? 56,21 EUROS! Hellooo? That is 74,888583 U.S. dollar!!! I FREAKIN' PAID MORE THAN THREE TIMES AS MUCH AS THE NET PRICE AT SAIKOSOUNDS! They don't even SEE two thirds of that money! And now you see why I can't even be pissed at them Saikosounds dudes, they don't even have anything to do with this - I still wrote it to them, they should know!

It's the bankas! Money transfer to the UK! Costs! A lot! Not like other EU countries where it's for free (so I thought), no, no! Damn suckers! I really am pissed off now :angry:

Yes. I really am DAMN pissed off now! Which is why I made that thread here right now, because I don't want others to get as pissed off as I am now! I WARN you, it's freakin' expensive when you have no credit card!

:angry:

Any other experiences like this? Please don't make me feel so alone and ripped off now, I'm really angry and sad now and actually I made that order to have fun, not to be pissed off ... I really didn't think it would be that bad :(

How old are you?

If you are old enough for a credit card then you should get one.

Just be responsible with it!

Ordering from saiko for me is cheaper than going to the shops here (although I love going to the shops) even if I get courier delivery!

I must say, when I bought S.F.X. Rainbirds from Germany, I was offered a payment option of bank transfer. I went to my bank and asked them the fee before initiating it. They told me $50.00, I was like WHOA! So I asked the person selling the CD if I could mail them cash with a little bit extra? They said go ahead, so I sent them either 15 or 20 USD stuffed in an empty CD case which worked well for concealment. Money arrived, then I got my CD, which I later tossed out the door to Visine =].

Anyways, it's COSTLY doing bank transfers anywhere. Credit cards are good even with the currency conversion fee they all charge. Everybody does that these days. Even paypal, when you buy on eBay. :-/

Love and light,

Aaron

Well, yeah, time for credit card, huh? But I don't want one! What if I can't restrain myself from buying and buying (I'm afraid I can't ... once I got money I'll buy and buy...)? Or what if it gets stolen? :(

Uhm, I could be way of here... But money transfers to Saikosounds should end up in Japan...?

-A

they got a bank account in the UK...

It could have been worse ...

In belgium every package from outside the E.U. can be hold back at the douane (this can take a while) ... If they find an invoice they will charge extra taxes ... That's why I always ask them not to inlude an invoice and make it look like sample cd's

Well, yeah, time for credit card, huh? But I don't want one! What if I can't restrain myself from buying and buying (I'm afraid I can't ... once I got money I'll buy and buy...)? Or what if it gets stolen? :(

they got a bank account in the UK...

get that fucking card :rolleyes:

Or what if it gets stolen? :(

Usually, you are not responsible for charges that were placed by the thief.

When my wife was very pregnant, a woman stole her purse from her at a bus stop. By the time she called the credit card company, they already had several charges on the card for gas and store purchases. We did not have to pay those charges.

Guest The Journey Man Project

They are based in Hong Kong... dunno about paying by cash, have always used credit card.. but U.S has always been pricey to send to, so is Japan!

I did had one rather negative experience ordering my sanatonic audio straight from sanatonic rec,

nothing to do with the label, payed them trough international bankdeposit, got my cd, all fine...

untill i also had a vieuw at my bankacount...

the paymentprovision :huh: , currency convertingprovision :unsure: and correspondency charges :blink: (whats in a name?! never heard of before...)

together where more expensive then my cd plus shipping...

and that all because i filled in my deposit in SEK (value of the reciever) instead of Euro...

and i who thought i was a smartass doing that :D

will not ever sell thatone for less then 30€ that's for sure :P

It could have been worse ...

In belgium every package from outside the E.U. can be hold back at the douane (this can take a while) ... If they find an invoice they will charge extra taxes ... That's why I always ask them not to inlude an invoice and make it look like sample cd's

really? never heard or had any problems with that, strange...

hout vasthouden

Edit: Off-topic stuff removed, like Nemo asked to.

And on-topic: I think the shipping fees & other costs are always a little too high, no matter what you're ordering & where. That's why, whenever I have enough money to order cds & stuff (not very often :( ), try to order many things at once instead of making many smaller orders. That way the shipping costs are smaller compared to the total costs...

Edited by fosku

If you're not a racist, why do you always insult Germany & it's people, and other countries too, and at the same moment praise your own country and start insulting in an extremely rude way everyone that critisizes, or makes a joke about it?

And on-topic: I think the shipping fees & other costs are always a little too high, no matter what you're ordering & where. That's why, whenever I have enough money to order cds & stuff (not very often :( ), try to order many things at once instead of making many smaller orders. That way the shipping costs are smaller compared to the total costs...

Fosku,

Please edit your post, and take out the offtopic content. I dont want to edit it myself. I have set many of the off topic posts invisible.... so it would only be fair if you didnt qoute something that others cant see.

If you want to continue the OTHER conversation, then please do it elsewhere.

Thanks!

Nemo

Bank transfers are strange. Back in the US they could be quite expensive, however here in Japan they are very cheap and everyone uses them. In Saiko's case, luckly they have a Japanese bank account as well so a transfer there only ends up costing a couple dollars. Also with Saiko, the postage difference between airmail and courier is so small that I can find no real reason to use airmail anymore. Plus with courier I get my stuff in about 3 days (both in Japan or in the US!!!)

really?

I made an $100 canadian order from saiko... and the fast shipping cost $20 canadian...

never a problem for me... actually I think the CCard bill it came out to a dollar less than expected...

Usually, you are not responsible for charges that were placed by the thief.

When my wife was very pregnant, a woman stole her purse from her at a bus stop. By the time she called the credit card company, they already had several charges on the card for gas and store purchases. We did not have to pay those charges.

I still wouldn't like it. Already the thought makes me nervous.

Or you don't even need to steal it - if only anybody would snatch my credit card number ... damn, that could already cost me a fortune ... in fact that is even more dangerous than when it gets stolen ... oh no no :ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, the stuff arrived all well and I'm at least happy about that.

But I'm still <_<^3 at the damn price...

I will not order from Saikosounds again unless I have found a way to make the bank fees cheaper. Getting a credit card is an option, but you may not forget that the creditcard itself costs me aswell! And I don't buy so much that it would rent itself if I got one. Getting a creditcard just for one Saikosounds order doesn't add up.

I guess I'll just order from Wirikuta. They are in Austria, offer COD, are not that expensive ... all cool. Only with the stuff Wirikuta doesn't have (and they don't have any of the EPs I ordered ... <_< ) I have problems...

<_< ...

Doesn't everyone in every country have access to a no-fee credit card? They make their money from human nature--i.e. it is human nature to spend more than one has, and thereby end up paying interest through your ass.

I doubt Saikosounds can do much for their "bank fees" without taking over a bank in any case :) like Echo I get the ~$20 shipping that usually doesn't go up... so I wait and order a good 30+ CDs and the shipping is then about $1 a CD, which is extremely reasonable.

Peace.

Yep, no fee Credit Card is the way to go. They makes their money off those who don't pay their balance off each month, plus they charge the vendor ~3% or so on each purchase. You pay not a penny extra over the price of your purchase, unless you fail to pay them off before 30 days.

SaikoSounds is fargin cheap comparitively. You must realize that you are in the minority without a card, and it's not cheap to offer the alternative for you. Heck, I think they even take Paypal.