The Official Antix appreciation topic

Gotta say i really despised their music in my full-on days. Couldn't grasp how can one enjoy this boring percussion and deep bassline music. I finally understood their vibe about a year ago in a party where one of the brothers played live set. Oh boy, was i electrified... I think that the most significant element of their music is "the music", especially in the last album where they really unleashed some of the most emotional and heart warming melodies ever. I can't even call their music Psy Trance anymore, cause it sounds more like Progressive House nowadays (not that i listen to Progressive House).

Anyways, right after the party i went on and bought their last album and as soon as money allows i'll buy the first one as well which is more Psy and more intricate than the second one but i like it alot too.

And thanx to Sherlock for pressuring me to hear them out, i owe you bro.

Stop spamming, Stalker!!!

Hei FP, I'm gonna see Antix live at 25-28. August at an outdoor party. At least when they are playing in the day I will attend the party... Your description, heart warming melodies, sounds very interesting! The latest Iboga releases really were my cup of tea (Reefer Decree and Flowjob, Flowjob is also rather house-like) when it comes to progressive so I hopefully will like Antix set or live act.

Their music is GREAT but I'm not too impressed by their "live-act": I saw then 3 times of which 2 in 2005 & they only played tracks from their latest album + max 2 compilation-tracks. I really don't understand why they don't play great tracks like "Free as we are" anymore, it would certainly ad some variety to the live-set.

Anyhow, their Twin Coast Discovery-album will certainly age very well too...

I still want to know why I was accused of spamming, something I never do

Sure I may be saying some things to be cached out on the air and with double meaning. Sure I was telling others what we do hate and what we don’t hate, but was that really spamming?

As I see it, spamming would be writing useless posts, and that wasn’t useless, I see people doing so much worse than that.... but hey! lets deprecate Stalkers post because he uses harsh words

That’s just how I am :(

Another thing to point out is that I truly believe in what I said. People learn slow and good music is hard to catch

Alluring heh? :rolleyes:

I'll send you a PM, ok Stalker? I didn't want to offend you or anything. :)

I was just listening to Lull when I stumbled on this topic :D

Antix rox sox. They make my favourite progressive. I like Lull better than TCD, but the Hiding Place remix has to be the best prog track for me.

well, not a fan of "progressive", but had all tracks from burned dvd playing in my winamp and after aeons - transe modulaire album came some track that was not the same style but little bit chill like and i liked :)

np: Antix - Darko

I was just listening to 'The Chase' last night...one of my favorite proggy tracks. Saw them play live in nyc a few years ago...Antix makes some of the most hypnotic trance music around...I still haven't given Twin Coast Discovery much of a listen...i'm not so much into the proggy house thing (except on a sunday morning dancefloor in the rain). But for sure its all about tracks like 'Bad Behind', "Wanna Be', 'Drift', 'Flipped'..... :)

Guest The Journey Man Project

never bought an album but have plenty of tracks on compilations and it is very nice... the few times I've seen Antix live have been awesome!

Lull made my taste change more towards the proggy side of trance...

Fascinatng what great music i´ve discovered since then.

I´ve bought TCD recently, but for me it doesn´t have the magic of Lull (Except Hiding Place, which is highly emotional, and even my non trance friends dig it!)

Quiet is the New Loud!!!!

One of my favorite floaters. Exactly how I like it.

Some progressive psy and 'normal' progressive trance are becoming very much alike. I guess Antix is an example of this.

You people should look outside your little boxes and check out other progressive trance artists that are not associated with the 'psy scene', because there's some nice stuff to be found there as well.

• 6 months later...

Antix, wow what music! Saw them once, actually, I was at a party, falling asleep, when they played... DIdnt really know them at the time, and it was nice smooth going into dreamland stuff...

Lull is great, Twin Coast Discovery is great, I almost think TCD is the better of the 2...

Their track on Nuance sounds like we can expect some great things in the future! :D

Such smooth trancey stuff... Stuff like this is the reason I love progressive... :wub: