I am angry

Guest Elysium

Im also angry. I can feel with Kris, but not at all the labels (which im sure he didnt mean). Ive been in this scene for over 15 years now, and its surely going down the drain.

We need fresh people, fresh thoughts, and fresh labels, and fresh music and fresh girls and fresh boys and fresh drinks and fresh beer and fresh everything. So now I am going to:

1. Start a label (well already regged but need to release).

2. Gonna make some more music.

3. Try to think in new ways.

4. Get a daughter :P

5. I already have a son!

6. Start a brewery (always wanted to have my own beer!)

7. Take over the Coca Cola company!

Does that sound fine? :D

Greetings Kris and all the people that want to change something in this scene :D

556700[/snapback]

Now thats the spirit :D:D:D

There is really nothing else u can do about it! :) The best of luck to u!!!!

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand where Elysium's and Colin's disapointments are coming from.

Looking at the line-ups of the biggest festivals around, and seeing the live acts displayed, i found myself saying: "Wtf are some names doing in these line-ups? They haven't released anything impressive lately!"

I have been part of a festival crew, but when i joined the crew, the line-up was made allready, and then i noticed that the main organiser was actually friends with quite few acts in that line-up.

So, up to a certain level i can state that gigs in the psytrance scene are based on friendships between promoters-organisers-artists. It's a process similar to "bed-ing your way up".

Surely there are also serious organisers, serious promoters, serious labels who sweat to get good results in their psy-activity, and maybe end up loosing money, but still have the energy to go on. But there are also good artists that sweat, and when the people you work with and put your hope into turn out to be fake, the disapointment is much bigger.

Money come and money go, and money can be lost, cause we're built so that we can make more. But art is not like that, art cannot be wasted. Art is time, time is precious, time is life. You waste art, you waste someone's life.

My only advice to artists that get disapointed by the scene is: Take control of your dreams, and don't put your hopes in one person only (one organiser, one promoter, one label)... it's you who's got the gold, and 99% should never be "good enough"! Be an artist at soul, and a bussiness man at mind. Life's a bitch sometimes and we must be kameleons.

Psytrance is not dead, psytrance has just split into more psytrances than what we expected.

So Elysium is leaving the scene, but Kristian Andersen is still making music. His progressive house electro tunes have impressed me nicely these last few weeks, and he's doing well gigs-wise and promotion-wise too. The music sells also. So i have no reason to say good bye to nobody, i still have his good music in my life.

Good luck Holm & Andersen!

I understand where Elysium's and Colin's disapointments are coming from.

Looking at the line-ups of the biggest festivals around, and seeing the live acts displayed, i found myself saying: "Wtf are some names doing in these line-ups? They haven't released anything impressive lately!"

I have been part of a festival crew, but when i joined the crew, the line-up was made allready, and then i noticed that the main organiser was actually friends with quite few acts in that line-up.

So, up to a certain level i can state that gigs in the psytrance scene are based on friendships between promoters-organisers-artists. It's a process similar to "bed-ing your way up".

Surely there are also serious organisers, serious promoters, serious labels who sweat to get good results in their psy-activity, and maybe end up loosing money, but still have the energy to go on. But there are also good artists that sweat, and when the people you work with and put your hope into turn out to be fake, the disapointment is much bigger.

Money come and money go, and money can be lost, cause we're built so that we can make more. But art is not like that, art cannot be wasted. Art is time, time is precious, time is life. You waste art, you waste someone's life.

My only advice to artists that get disapointed by the scene is: Take control of your dreams, and don't put your hopes in one person only (one organiser, one promoter, one label)... it's you who's got the gold, and 99% should never be "good enough"! Be an artist at soul, and a bussiness man at mind. Life's a bitch sometimes and we must be kameleons.

Psytrance is not dead, psytrance has just split into more psytrances than what we expected.

So Elysium is leaving the scene, but Kristian Andersen is still making music. His progressive house electro tunes have impressed me nicely these last few weeks, and he's doing well gigs-wise and promotion-wise too. The music sells also. So i have no reason to say good bye to nobody, i still have his good music in my life.

Good luck Holm & Andersen!

556722[/snapback]

AMEN!

Why should we bother if people don't want to hear it?

556580[/snapback]

Because you want to, and have to... That's why I do it. I have mere four releases and three gigs on my belt, all thanks to a few friends' valiant efforts. Yes, the scene sucks at times, but really - if you care that much, and still say "It's not about the money", are you REALLY into this music for the right reasons?

I don't mean to provoke, or say "you made your bed, now lie in it" - just poking for possible sollutions, so fab' artists like Elysium and VOC don't quit for the wrong reasons (or at all?) :)

-A

- When will Krell join the discussion, and lay down the truth....?

Because you want to, and have to... That's why I do it. I have mere four releases and three gigs on my belt, all thanks to a few friends' valiant efforts. Yes, the scene sucks at times, but really - if you care that much, and still say "It's not about the money", are you REALLY into this music for the right reasons?

I don't mean to provoke, or say "you made your bed, now lie in it" - just poking for possible sollutions, so fab' artists like Elysium and VOC don't quit for the wrong reasons (or at all?) :)

-A

556727[/snapback]

You've got a full time job and make music in your free time? Then music is to you what we all know as "hobby".

Let's make a difference between people who make music out of some interest, curiosity, for fun, aaaand people for whom music is their life, their career, their time, their full-time job. And when they don't get paid because of some unfair processes that developed in the scene, they have to reduce their music-making time, and get a job, to get by. A SECOND job.

I have said it so many times, it makes me sick repeating it, but here it goes: talented artists should be rich, it's only natural that art should be rewarded with money, and big money still, because art is not a basic need (like food and water are for example), and art is not easy to create.

So people should stop saying: "Make music for yourself, it's not about the money!" ... such statements make you look shallow and little.

If it's not about the money, it's about recognition, appreciation. Artists search for rewards like these, but they have to be materialised, so we can keep them alive. So it IS about the money ... too.

Edit: Amygdala, don't get this wrong, i'm not addressing you, it's a generalisation of a concept.

Seems there's a spectrum of how a psy artist wants to exist in the psy world. The bottom would be making music in the bedroom, and maybe letting some people hear it; nothing gets sold, no gigs, maybe a release on a free netlabel here and there, but there's still a satisfaction in writing and sharing music. Then there's the top, with people like Watkins and Oakenfold, with enough talent and/or force of ambition to sell out. And then there's everything in between.

I've heard a lot of horror stories about the psy scene's labels and promoters, with the artists getting the shaft. But you can't blame the immorality of these people if the artist himself or herself has chosen to pursue a greater presence in the scene. Every artist must know, unless one is idealistic or has been living under a rock, the hazards of wanting to climb to heights in the psy world, and can't really be too upset when things go awry. One either has the energy, talent, enthusiasm, ambition, luck and the force of will to pull it off, to survive in the jungle, or one doesn't. To blame others for being eaten by animals whose instinct it is to eat you makes no sense to me, especially when it's invited.

That said, the jungle structure is not isolated to the psy scene. That's just how the art world in general works. It's full of predators who will eat artist hearts for breakfast if their shit comes out made of gold. The key, seems to me, is how to moderate one's need for power and success with one's love for one's work. Some will be happy making music in their bedrooms. Some will only be happy when they've reached the top (but are they really happy even then?).

It's a very unfortunate reality, but at the beginning, middle and end of the day, society does not owe the artist anything, despite the fact that artists enrich every single person's life to an enormous extent. At every moment an artist must ask him or herself what the real purpose of one's art is, and then be willing to accept the consequences.

bla bla bla bla bla

The funny thing is that I always see mr. Elysium pointing fingers at other people, with ofcourse the necessary drama, maybe.. you should try to look at yourself and find out if there is any problem within your own behaviour?!

I wonder how long it takes before you're back.. just as you 'promised' not to return to this place haha.

556668[/snapback]

Nice and Constructive post :D

Guest Elysium

I will tell you a little (long) story.

About 3 months ago I get a booking at a the Tchamla Kingdom Festival in Bulgaria. Yes let's put a name on the Festival so it's just not a "story". After all I really dont give much for the people behind the Festival so I got no moral problem by mentioning their name.

Back to the story.

We agreed that I will play a Elysium liveset and that I of course get paid and recieve a flighticket. So far so good and I really look forward to go and play in their Beautiful country and also meet some of my good old artist and DJ friends again. Basically I am really looking forward to this Festival and I trust the organiser (Peter) who seem very friendly after many many nice chats on ICQ.

A few weeks later the first dissapointment arrive. I wont be playing on the mainstage but have been put to play in the chillout because my music is chillout according to the organsiers. Now the liveset they have listened to, and in my own opinion about my music, there is not a single track thats even close to be chillout. The slowest track in my liveset is 133 bpm and my fastest is 142 bpm.

To your info I can tell that out of my many releases over the years only 2% of my music has been chillout. Now because I really like to go and play, meet people, have a good time and meet my old friends I accept and begin the long hard work it is to transform a already finished liveset with remixes of old tracks and new material into a chillout liveset. Basiclly this mean I had to start from zero and create a total new liveset. So I used many weeks in the studio to make a interesting and refreshing new liveset with new music and totally re-done remix of my old music. At the same time I turned down 2 other gigs playing DJ under the Holm & Andersen name because I already had a booking at Tchamla Kingdom.

Now all along I have been asking what date I was scheduled to play so I could tell them when i wanted to arrive and go back home. I did not have time to stay all 7 days because I am busy with Graphic Design jobs and also remixes and making tracks as Kris Andersen and Holm & Andersen. But I was never given a straight answer and was constantly told that I would get an answer very very soon. So I waited and waited and as time went on the guy dissapeared from ICQ and I heard nothing from him for a long time. So I started to send e-mails to to their e-mail address but never got a reply. A few weeks ago he finally appear on ICQ and tell me all is cool and that he need my passport number etc. I still ask him to give me my schedule date before he book my flight but again I dont get any date. At this point I start o get suspisious but after taling to otehr artists and DJ's playing there I get reassured that they have recieved their tickets etc. So I tell myself that he will be back very soon with everything organised. BUT he dont get back to me!

A week ago he once again pop up and womba womba the next "surprise" is handed over to me. As he put it:

"We never agreed to that you get paid to play live".

I am astonished and tell him i can show him the exact ICQ chat where we agree that I get paid to play and where I told him that I never play for free unless it is a benefit party but that they can pay me what they can afford but that my price is minimum 300 Euro. His respons is that it must have been a misunderstanding. between us. Yeah sure!

So because I can tell they probably wont be able to pay much, due to high fees the have to pay to the MEGA stars, I offer him to play live for my minimum fee of 300 Euro.. yes 300! (So dont tell me it is all about the money)

He tell me that we will work it out and that it is not a problem and that he is sure it is ok. So I wait again and again I hear nothing from him.

So two days ago I finally have had enough of waiting and waiting and I contact another guy (Ben) in the organisation via help from another DJ who's playing there and finally I get the "main guy" on msn after I have send him 3 e-mails he never answered back.

New surprise! Peter the guy I have been talking to all along on ICQ is NOT involved in making bookings. He just help them with differnt things. yes I am listed on their website to play live but still this new guy Ben deny that there was ever an agreemt for me to get paid.

But what a "nice" guy this ben turn out to be. I do not recall I have ever met a more disrespectful and arrogant person in my life. He would not admit their mistake and he had no symphaty for me and did not care one bit that I have worked my ass off to make a nice liveset for his Festival and that I have lost 2 other gigs because I was scheduled to play at his Festival. All he could say was that it is a misunderstanding and that I was never promised to be paid. He also continued that it was my own fault since I did not contact him before (hmmmmm ok). Then he went on about that i did not understand him and that he would make it up to me "next year" etc etc. The normal bull to get rid of me.

At no point does he offer me to come and play anyway and pay my flight ticket. All he does is coming up with endless bad excuses. So I end telling the guy to literaly "fuck off". End of a long story.

This is just one example of many over the last two years and part of why I have had it with this scene and have decided to leave the scene behind. If I was out for the money I would not suggest to be paid 300 Euro for a liveset knowing other artists and DJ's are paid 5-6 times (some probably 10 times as much) more than me at the same Festival. But where do one draw the line and say enough is enough? I have done it now by leaving the psytrance scene and concentrate on music where I get way more respect and get treated fairly.

And my whole idea with my first "statment" was to start a debate and hopefully to make other artist see that they are not alone and that it is ok for them to to get out of the bushes and also raise their voices. Maybe just maybe then people would listen and understand what is going on and then maybe just maybe things could changed a little.

Kristian

@ Nemo

Like we always need nice and constructive posts.

I found the initial post made by Mr. Elysium rather negative, based on some generalisations and an insult to the audience (including myself). Good thing for him he elaborated a bit and I can see why he's pissed of too... but really, nice to get back at a forum just to post something like "I'M ANGRY, AND THE SCENE SUCKS".

Personally i'm getting tired of people always saying the scene sucks and everything is going down the drain etc etc.... if you don't like it then just go do something else instead of bitching about it! People who need more gigs need to advertise themselves more, do some networking and get in contact with people if you want some more attention!

I'm going to havea great time at the festivals this season, with the ooohsoobad and fucked up scene haha. And I like your attitude way better Nemo, you are planning on changing some stuff by yourself which earns my respect.

I just got sooo tired of all the whining coming from Elysium, who really should look at himself more and point less fingers at 'bad bad bad' others.

@ Elysium

That story is sad and pathetic indeed, you shouldn't be treated that way and I can understand the frustration from your point of view. Fuck those guys and never contact them again. But in the future, be a bit more subtile please before making major generalisations like in your first 'comeback' post.

Edited by FrozenRealm

It got nothing to do with money. I make good money working with Graphic Design.

556567[/snapback]

You've got a full time job and make music in your free time? Then music is to you what we all know as "hobby".

Let's make a difference between people who make music out of some interest, curiosity, for fun, aaaand people for whom music is their life, their career, their time, their full-time job.

Okeidokey... Let's... :)

Edit: Amygdala, don't get this wrong, i'm not addressing you, it's a generalisation of a concept.

556740[/snapback]

I know, and that's fine. I agree with you, that truly talented artists should be recognized, and have the opportunity to make nothing but art. That would be great - but money, and the chance to earn it has a certain way of "changing" people, and if someone sees the opportunity to make money from something as "art", and not "actual work" (I know I am thin ice here ;)), they'll take it... And that means that the "art" is reduced to a mere craft. This craft has to please supply and demand like any other crafts, and that's where the problem is.

"Should be" and "is" are different things, and in my opinion, the best music will be made by those who cares not (for real, not just saying so) for money and/or recognition. Purity of soul and that sort of stuff. This may sound as "I'm great, do what I do", but I know that I'm not - because I haven't had the chance to bitch about stupid labels and cancelled gigs. That must suck ass bigtime, no doubt there - but if one has bad experiences and quits from that, well.... Maybe it's time to go back to what made music interesting in the first place.

-A

Yeah, that stinks pretty darn bigtime. I've never been to any of the bigger festivals, but the three times I've played has been great. I even got paid once, without knowing I would be. I got the ride to the venue, free bar, the prime-time slots, and was introduced to the nicest of girls (:D). Seriously, don't let one bad (or in this case AWFULL) experience ruin your take on the scene... Please :D

And my whole idea with my first "statment" was to start a debate and hopefully to make other artist see that they are not alone and that it is ok for them to to get out of the bushes and also raise their voices.  Maybe just maybe then people would listen and understand what is going on and then maybe just maybe things could changed a little.

Kristian

556769[/snapback]

And you did, thanks - it's clear that one needs to be carefull, but to give up completely...?

-A

Okeidokey... Let's... :)

I know, and that's fine. I agree with you, that truly talented artists should be recognized, and have the opportunity to make nothing but art. That would be great - but money, and the chance to earn it has a certain way of "changing" people, and if someone sees the opportunity to make money from something as "art", and not "actual work" (I know I am thin ice here ;)), they'll take it... And that means that the "art" is reduced to a mere craft. This craft has to please supply and demand like any other crafts, and that's where the problem is.

"Should be" and "is" are different things, and in my opinion, the best music will be made by those who cares not (for real, not just saying so) for money and/or recognition. Purity of soul and that sort of stuff. This may sound as "I'm great, do what I do", but I know that I'm not - because I haven't had the chance to bitch about stupid labels and cancelled gigs. That must suck ass bigtime, no doubt there - but if one has bad experiences and quits from that, well.... Maybe it's time to go back to what made music interesting in the first place.

-A

556782[/snapback]

Very nicely stated. I totally agree. Yes, great artists deserve to be recognized, but there's a big gap between deserving something and actually getting it. And that gap is filled will all sorts of ugly shit.

(To Moni) I'm not so much a fan of the idea that if a person is a part-time artist that it makes them a hobbyist. In the end it is about what is created, not about the amount of time one spends on it or how one earns one's money. If Dali painted a painting after his shift at McDonald's, it would still be great art, and Dali a great artist.

Guest Elysium

Seriously, don't let one bad (or in this case AWFULL) experience ruin your take on the scene... Please :D

556790[/snapback]

I think you missed this part ;)

"This is just one example of many over the last two years "

And I do not give up completely. I just use my time and energy in another scene now.

Edited by Elysium

Yeah, I don't agree with Moni either.

It's especially because you can't live off making music that you have to have a 'real' job. Don't degrade it and call it a hobby (cause that's what you're doing. I think that if people could earn a living with it, they wouldn't need that other job... right?)

And on another note: I do understand where both EP and Colin are coming from. Some people are just dicks and can't see beyond their own testicles. All they care about is big names, being succesful, making some money and a name for themselves. I guess that's why you always see the same big names on most festivals.

Spinning chillout, I got somewhat of a similar 'problem', but I knew that beforehand. I still don't care (yet) as long as I get some respect and the chance to play my music before a crowd that appreciates it. But I guess that in the end it'll get frustrating, which is why I get Colin and Kris's point.

After such a long time you'd like to get some form of respect for what you've been doing... And indeed, it's not about the money, but when people don't pay you, it is a certain form of disrespect.

And to rant a little myself: I don't get why people see a difference between dj's that buy music to play on a dancefloor and dj's that buy music to spin on an alternative floor or in the chillout. To me the latter is an essential part of a good party, but most people (even organisers of big festivals like voov or fullmoon or soulclipse!! :blink: ) seem to view it as a necessity to keep the crowds happy. But they don't really have a heart for it.

Maybe the same goes for EP; since he was rebooked as a chillout-act the organisers thought he didn't deserve to get paid anymore...

Bleh, sorry for this whole offtopic-rant, but I wanted to give these more-underground-than-others artists some credit as well. And maybe it's time to book em on our next party, hehehe ;)

I think you missed this part ;)

"This is just one example of many over the last two years "

And I do not give up completely. I just use my time and energy in another scene now.

556793[/snapback]

Hehe, yeah probably :) - but still... I believe there are good experiences to be had yet. You seem like an open and nice guy, and that's the easiest kind to take advantage of, sadly. I've had my share of "Gee, we'll put out the comp in two months, don't worry" and then nothing happens. That sucks - not as much as your story, but it's certain that things in this world don't always go as expected, or as they "should". It's easy to become fed up, but please don't :)

-A

556769[/snapback]

Reminds me of my experiences last year with the Space of Joy festival in Russia.

I even payed for the visa myself, since they told me they would transfer the money the next day. That didn't happen.

Some time passed, and now the wanted me to order a planeticket myself. "Money next day".

Fool me once .... etc

I've had both positive and negative experiences with labels and organizers in this scene. Some are very professional and helpful while others are just a bunch of stoners talking about how cool it would be to have a party/release a cd while they're smoking their tits off.

I have not been in the scene for a long time, having my first gig in 2004 and first release in 2005. But I have been listening to it (psytrance) for 10 years now. So I do love the music, but I was a bit naive when I got into the scene, unfortunately, so these days I'm sceptical towards people who offer me gigs and releases (I got 0 gigs lined up for this summer though ... :) ).

But I must say, I feel the good times make up for the bad. Perhaps I'll feel different in the years to come though ... time will tell :)

In the 6 years I have been dj-ing I have played from Portugal to Sweden, and loads of times in Belgium/Holland, a few weeks back I had my 150'th gig, and in those 150 gigs I only had problems 2 (!!!!) times, that's all...

I wasn't paid numorous times, but that was in 98% of the cases because the organiser lost money, and then I don't care about the money, only travel-expenses are fine then... The 2 times I had problems were indeed bad organisers, but I don't think their amount is SO big, a few yes, but only a few, I'm sure you guys had numorous good experiences as well, and I hope MUCH more then negative ones...

About labels... Choose people you trust, their are so many rumours about certao, labels that don't do their job properly, well... Where there is smoke, there is fire... In fact it's the same for party organisers... The result of doing some research about labels/party organisations should be huge... :)

ps: If you expect something and you get nothing you are mad and dissapointed...

if you don't expect something, you end up getting everything...

Maybe naïeve, but in your head this type of thinking makes the negative experiences in live so much better... :)

Anyway, I hope for both Chris and Collinn that you will have loads of bookings in the future and you get in touch with the right people so positive vibes will take over the frustrations! :)

I think there exists a strong desire to interact on a friendly basis with people in the business context of booking and releasing music. After all, isn't this an underground counterculture where everyone is supposed to respect one another and get along? The problem is, there are a lot of shady characters out there, and it becomes prudent to follow some sensible business-like practises... aside from the obvious stuff like "get it in writing" (an email record which both parties can agree on is a great beginning to long-term understanding), checking credentials might be a wise idea. Ask about their previous experience, and talk to some of the acts they've booked in the past, or released, or whatever. Most of all, be prepared to accept less gigs by being a little more strict than the next guy when you are engaging in what is essentially a business transaction. Or maybe it's Europe - things are fairly cool out here :)

These kinds of things are probably not a problem if you have worked with a group before... Elysium, have you not had a good festival experience somewhere where you have gone back and had a great time? Also, you mention preparing long weeks for your live set... ever thought of trying an approach in Ableton? ;)

Guest Elysium

These kinds of things are probably not a problem if you have worked with a group before... Elysium, have you not had a good festival experience somewhere where you have gone back and had a great time? Also, you mention preparing long weeks for your live set... ever thought of trying an approach in Ableton? ;)

556960[/snapback]

Of course I have had many good experiences over the years. I never said I did not. But honestly the last 2-3 years have been mostly letdowns, broken deals and disrespect (with Elysium) than anything else and a string of insults from organisers and labels who wanted to control how my music should sound.

I always use Ableton for livesets but am sure you can understand how long time it takes to remix your tracks from dancefloor tracks into chillout tracks. It's not something just done in a few hours in Ableton.

I think that this is not real Elysium, this account was opened yesterday and Kristian already opened one account few weeks back, so I am sure that this guy is a fraud.

556585[/snapback]

Indeet there is an elysium account here with an avater of a mans head, the head looks pretty like a square as far as i remember.

Indeet there is an elysium account here with an avater of a mans head, the head looks pretty like a square as far as i remember.

556987[/snapback]

Radi is on the case... We can all relax!

----

Anyway, I'm sad to hear about all the crap you've been thru Kris... But I know your love of music will bring you many new adventures and happy moments in the future... If it means you'll have to change direction and venture further into house music, well so be it... :) Good luck! :)

Altho I had some funky history with Kristian in the past I can really feel for what he is saying.

2 years and a bit ago I have released the last BLT album with the drummer Danni Makov. This CD got great reviews all over and almost no negative ones.. We toured Israel like no live act before us ( definitely not in the price range that includes 2 ppl with a full drum setup / special stage and lighting for the drummer sometimes etc.. )

Funnily enough, we got 1 !!! gig outside of Israel AFTER the release of that album, and that was half a year ago ( means 1.5 years after the album was released ) in switzerland, and still with relatively "old" music for the trance scene we rocked the house.

Why I tell u that? Because of the simple reason that artists sit at home and work. They work hard and it demands a lot of guts and a lot of personal sacrifice to do this. Especially for those that put their heart and passion into it, and do something with a meaning. Since the CD industry is non existant @ the moment, gigs is the place to show your art and make some money - I do belive that those that music making is their life are intitled to call music their job ( as long as they really doing it all the time )

So, to finish my BLT part of story, really good music, and surely one of the BEST live shows u gonna get in our trance scene, went down to drain just because the scene was stingy enough and close minded enough about music that doesnt sound EXACTLY like other zillion of tracks. And YO - the live ROCKS u should have seen some of those parties we played.

Nowadays I must say I am much more satisfied and perform much more abroad. I must say as well that I make style that is much more to my liking but also I am not booking my shit on my own - this is MESSAGE TO KRISTIAN.. I learned I need someone to deal the money thing for me, as I cannot sell myself properly.

Anyway, as I know music is your way of life, as it is mine too... You will make electronic music and not in a long time u will be back with nu tunes.

My 15 paisa

So, to finish my BLT part of story, really good music, and surely one of the BEST live shows u gonna get in our trance scene, went down to drain just because the scene was stingy enough and close minded enough about music that doesnt sound EXACTLY like other zillion of tracks. And YO - the live ROCKS u should have seen some of those parties we played.

557049[/snapback]

Now that completely boggles my mind... that was definatly one of the best albums in the last few years, and it could hardly be a better 'resume' for a live show... just ONE show abroad, 1.5 years after? There is definatly something wrong with this.