Best releases in 2006

d_vision

Hello to all!

I thought that would be good idea of begining a topic about the best releases in 2006! The releases can be albums, compilations, eps, vinyls that you liked a lot!Good would be also to say with few words why did you liked this release! In this way we can propose also our best releases. I think that you will like my idea!

So far these are my best releases: (not all some of them, the rest later)

Progressive / Psytrance

Vibrasphere - Archipelago (Digital Structures)

Once more Vibrasphere proved to us how big artists they are!!!Amazing album, great quality, beautiful vibe & profesional work!These guys are also very good producers in ambient - chill music, some great tunes in that disc!Definitely one of the best albums in 2006!!! Highly Recommended (if u dont have it yet)!

Protoculture - Circadians (Nano Records)

After his amazing debut album "Refractions", Protoculture come back with his new album!Little different from the first album, but this alsom very good!Awesome uplifting and melodic moments that he is so famous for!Much better than all the other fullon boring albums and he escape little from the standarts of fullon style!

Sonic Cube - Filter (Tribal Vision)

Amazing work from these Swiss artists!!!Great progressive style with the best quality i ever heard!!!Highly Recommended!!!

Nuclear Ramjet - Mission To Sedna (Spaceport Records)

Super minimal groovy style!Definitely unique sound! i love this album, have some amazing tracks in!!!Generally all the is very good!!!

X-Dream - The Best 1991-2001 (Solstice Records)

Well what can i say for this release? All the best tracks of them are in this album! 2 cd's with 142:00 minutes amazing tunes!!!!Just Awesome!!!

FOG - Lust (ZMA Records)

I Havent stopped playing this album from when i took!!!Well some great tracks are in this album!!!Beautiful progressive style that i like!!!

VA - Hibernation (Iboga Records)

Beautiful progressive music...

Ambient / Chill

Shulman - Random Thoughts (Aleph Zero Records)

Another great album from the master shulman!Amazing ambient sounds...Definitely one of the best ambient albums in 2006!!!

Psyfactor - Endless Universe (Ajana Records)

The album reflects a journey into the Endless Universe of ambient soundscapes!Very good work from Mr. Dmitri Korablin!

Robert Rich - Electric Ladder (Soundscape Production)

Robert Rich come again with his new album!!! JUST GREAT!!!

VA - Oxycanta (Ultimae Records)

The Ultimae again gives to us the best ambient atmospheric grooves!Ultimae is the best ambient - chill label for me! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

:)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my second part:

Progressive / Psytrance

Greed - Greeds Temptation (ACDC Records)

Very good progressive house album! Some tracks in these album are amazing like this : "Atmos - KNS (Greed Rmx)" awesome remix!!!

VA - Joyride (Candyflip Records)

One of the finest compilation of this winter! Great progressive style!Highly Recommended!

VA - Highway (Digitaloracle)

Some of the best progressive artists in this compilations with beautiful tracks!!!Great work!

VA - Summer Collection 2 - Dawn (Iboga Records)

The summer comes, so iboga gives to us some of the best Progressive fresh summer tracks!!!Highly Recommended!

Ambient / Chill

VA - Arcana (Interchill Records)

Interchill strikes again with this beautiful ambient - chill compilation!Just wonderfull!

VA - Vajra (Indica Music)

Spontaneously blending different styles of ambient, downtempo and dub!Very good compilation!

Trance / Progressive Trance

Leama & Moor - Common Ground (Lost Language)

Very good album with trance, progressive & downtempo sounds!Great melodies, beautiful vocals, amazing feelings...!Highly recommended for all trance fans!!!

for me it's mantrix and mood deluxe all the way, possibly with god save the machine coming up in second.

and as RAH says it would be interesting to bump this thread up in November and see if anyone even remembers some of the releases up there ;)

releases eh?

hmmm...

Dominator - Paranormal Connection

Claw/Paranoize - Deadly Alliance

Mubali - Cats @ Play

so far...

Kemic-Al - The Dark Journal

A nice moving concept album feels like one big long track. Dark but better than any other dark releases I've heard this year.

Androcell - Efflorescence

Nice, relaxed, quite organic and interesting. Listened to it loads of times so far this year.

This early? it's still june, betcha that when november rolls around half of that list will have been replaced by new stuff or simply forgotten, we'll see.

550264[/snapback]

My friend, i dont mean exactly this! My idea is something different! well look, works like that: You buy a release in 2006, you like it and you think this release is so good to post it here! each month we have new releases, so post here these releases that you think that they are very good!

Cheers :)

add to this list-

Tegma- Around the World in 80 Minutes

and

Furious- Not For Fame

550437[/snapback]

Yes you are right! i forgot Tegma's new album! I would prefer this album with less ethnic sample in! sometimes this beacomes tedious with so many ethnic samples! but yes is realy nice release!!!

Now about the Furious album i don't have taste it yet, but i think i must check it!

Kemic-Al - The Dark Journal

A nice moving concept album feels like one big long track. Dark but better than any other dark releases I've heard this year.

Androcell - Efflorescence

Nice, relaxed, quite organic and interesting. Listened to it loads of times so far this year.

550624[/snapback]

Both albums are very good! Especially the Kemic-Al album, as you said much better than any other dark releases!

About the Androcell's new album, mmm i dont know, i waited this album better than the first "Emotivision", but this is also good!

Guest Cosmogenesis

I would like to send a thread-answer later this year as there is any real release that makes me very enthusiastic until now. I will receive soon the "Fairytale" album from Ka-Sol, and I hope I will find something really interesting inside.

Some old tracks from the X-Dream"s "Best of" are very good, and it's an opportunity for the persons which haven't still heard them. But, it's not my case. ;)

The reprint of "Chaos Laboratory" on Avatar is a good thing for all people who want to discover the Growling Mad Scientists goa time. The actual GMS has nothing to do with this stuff.

I have to admit, even if I prefer, by far, the goa genre than the progressive psytrance music, that the Vibrasphere album, "Archipelago", is good quality, ambient and relax. It's far better than all the present crap full-on stuff. :)

I give all my consideration to the ambient compilation "Peace Therapy 2" which is high quality, original and very pleasant for the ears.

My friend, i dont mean exactly this! My idea is something different! well look, works like that: You buy a release in 2006, you like it and you think this release is so good to post it here! each month we have new releases, so post here these releases that you think that they are very good!

550631[/snapback]

i see, ok well usually when buy a good release i review it, but i'll play along... :)

v/a - Freshly Squeezed - been rocking my socks off with this

v/a - Durdom > http://www.sonic-energy.net/core/content/view/255/2/

there's more stuff but i need a bit more time to see if they are going to be relevant on the whole-year outlook kind of a thing.

i def. need to check out Furious as well... next order...

I really like the Psysiq Jicuri - A Rain Of Hope In The Galaxy album. It's melodic and totaly fits the summer. Haven't got it for too long so I don't know how/if my opinion will change in the future but so far I really think it's a nice release.

Progressive / Psytrance

Protoculture - Circadians (Nano Records)

After his amazing debut album "Refractions", Protoculture come back with his new album!Little different from the first album, but this alsom very good!Awesome uplifting and melodic moments that he is so famous for!Much better than all the other fullon boring albums and he escape little from the standarts of fullon style!

Nuclear Ramjet - Mission To Sedna (Spaceport Records)

Super minimal groovy style!Definitely unique sound! i love this album, have some amazing tracks in!!!Generally all the is very good!!!

550012[/snapback]

Nuclear Ramjet are awsome, they have such a unique sound...very experimental I love it,

and as always nano bring a good full-on album with Circadians :)

My Other Fav's:

Tegma-Around the world in 80 minutes-I think that, this is best Proggy album this year so far

Compilation:Colour Saturation amazing album IMO, worth every penny.

Filteria:Heliopoliswell this one speaks for it self :D

and as always nano bring a good full-on album with Circadians :)

exactly! I think Nano is one of the best at least serious label in fullon!!!!

Great is the new Comercial Hippies album also! dont u think?

best album so far this year for me is Ka-sol-Fairytale and it will probably be in the top 5 of best realeses at the end of this year,Triac´s debut album is also very good deep and pumping just the way i like it,for proggy realeses my favorite so far is Vibrashpere-Archipelago and Perfect Stranger´s album Learning=change two great albums,,for compilations there are alot of good stuff realesed,best I´ve heard so far is v/a 100 full moons,Sanatonic audio is also worth mentioning. B) when it comes too full on ,I say m.f.g.-message from god fits my taste perfectly....

Count for me the new Xerxes album "The Mirror Formula" also!

very good and profesional work with many inspirations from my best label "

ultimae"! i love this sound!

Keep going Xerxes!

Count for me the new Xerxes album "The Mirror Formula" also!

very good and profesional work with many inspirations from my best label "

ultimae"! i love this sound!

Keep going Xerxes!

551505[/snapback]

you are too kind! *blush*'

my next album due in a year or so will be even closer to the ultimae sound.. in the mean time, expect a few tunes from me on various VAs and also free ones coming on my website very soon.

once again, much gratitude for the inspirational words.

respectfully,

.x

my next album due in a year or so will be even closer to the ultimae sound.. in the mean time, expect a few tunes from me on various VAs and also free ones coming on my website very soon.

respectfully,

.x

552457[/snapback]

dude am listening some of your (very promising i must say) tunes i dag up in my pc.. must have got them from your website long ago (n/p cell progression). and i was wondering how come i havent seen an album yet.

turns out you re going for a second one . wasnt paying enough attention i think.. wont happen again :)

keep it up ; )

dude am listening some of your (very promising i must say) tunes i dag up in my pc..  must have got them from your website long ago (n/p cell progression). and i was wondering how come i havent seen an album yet.

turns out you re going for a second one . wasnt paying enough attention i think.. wont happen again  :)

keep it up ; )

552465[/snapback]

the entire album (minus the 12 minute long bonus track and minus studio mixing/mastering) is available for free on my download site. its called xerxes-the_mirror_formula.mp3 (i think hehe)..

xerxesmusic.tz4.com (download site)

album sold out really fast as it was only a 300 copy limited edition. less than a month and it was gone. hopefully next one will be a bigger release with more distribution etc.

thank you for your kind words, and keep listening :)

much respect,

.x

respectfully,

.x

552457[/snapback]

i just saying the truth friend! you do very good work!!! we waiting your 2nd album, i hope from my favourite Ultimae!!!

I wish you all the best man! and a contract with ultimae offcourse!!! :)

cheers

the entire album (minus the 12 minute long bonus track and minus studio mixing/mastering) is available for free on my download site. its called xerxes-the_mirror_formula.mp3 (i think hehe)..

552482[/snapback]

thanks ; )