Ambient tracks that need more attention

Ormion

We already had this thread about dance tracks many times, but never about Ambient exclusively. Let's talk about Psy ambient that need more attention. Make your list!

Khetzal-Avasari: I don't believe that everybody mentioned this track as very good or great. No, it's not great....It's one of the best ambient tracks ever!!!!! Melancholic, nostalgic, trippy, beautiful.....simply amazing. THE classic.

Oforia-Voice Of Delusion: Another track that no one mentioned as ultra classic. The beautiful melancholy of this track is so great. I almost cry everytime I listened to it. All time best IMO.

Astralasia-Madam: Amazing track from the masters that gets less attention compared to others (Aloo,Unveria Mekanik etc.). Simply amazing old-school ambient.

OOOD-Hartley's Ambient Jam: Another track that has a place in my all top-10 but seems that no one shares that opinion. Trippy, floating ambient especially the second half is superb.

Optic Eye-Anacoluthon: Yeah,yeah I know. I've mentioned this track hundreds of times before, but I'll never stop until I convince you that it's the most trippy ambient ever.

Astral Projection-Ambience: The ultimate ambient track by the Gods which never got the attention it deserves. It seems that everyone loves Electronic or Ambient Galaxy (which are great) but this is in my all time top-3! The leading melody is...(no words found).

Doof-Sunshrine: I know. It's not ambient, not even downtempo, but I always consider it as an ambient track. Maybe the best and more emotional intro ever made...

ISHQ-Orchid:The whole album. Few guys talked about it. Too pity for onr of the best ambient albums ever.

Okay they're more so I'll return. Your turn.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shpongle - Divine Moments of Truth: I recently discovered this little gem, it seems so little talked about and, which frightens me, almost unknown. This track is built like a journey, beginning with some trippy vocal stuff and sound effects, thereafter escalating into a great hypnotic trippy melody, and changing the time signatureto 6/8 while at it. The track ends in a frenetic manner; whistles and carneval percussion dominate the last minutes, finishing the track of in a totally non-mystical way, which makes you want to listen again... Absolutely brilliant track.

Astral Projection-Ambience: The ultimate ambient track by the Gods which never got the attention it deserves. It seems that everyone loves Electronic or Ambient Galaxy (which are great) but this is in my all time top-3! The leading melody is...(no words found).

Electronic is way better than ambience IMO, i discovered a new astral ambient track, "unbelievable technology" which is beautiful also, it is a remix of Tiptonic dream or Tiptonic dream is a remix of that track.

Optic Eye-Anacoluthon: Yeah,yeah I know. I've mentioned this track hundreds of times before, but I'll never stop until I convince you that it's the most trippy ambient ever.

indeed, this track comes really, really good when it's late at night, the air smells of incense, the smoke burns in the eyes and the hand holding a brush is painting weird ornaments on the canvas...

Doof-Sunshrine: I know. It's not ambient, not even downtempo, but I always consider it as an ambient track. Maybe the best and more emotional intro ever made...

516237[/snapback]

However, I rather disagree with those.

I hate Ambience. 12000 Suns or Ambient Galaxy are worlds better...

And Doof - Sunshrine is good, but not that extraordinary...

We already had this thread about dance tracks many times, but never about Ambient exclusively. Let's talk about Psy ambient that need more attention. Make your list!

ISHQ-Orchid:The whole album. Few guys talked about it. Too pity for onr of the best ambient albums ever.

516237[/snapback]

Love that Album, so dreamy and trippy. First listened to it while I had a fever and it really sunk under my skin. I have heard a lot of peole mention it on this forum as well though.

I think Enigma and Deep Forest deserve more attention. For me they are very psychedelic in parts. Banco de Gaia's last train to lhasa is also REALLY good.

There is a double CD called Salamat by Mo-Shic which has a very nice downbeat CD. I'd also recommend stuff by Super Cozi (One half of Zen Lemonade) especially Cozi.

516237[/snapback]

i dont know who you talk to, but everyone in my circle will not stop talking about it for years already

and all their families too

Shpongle - Divine Moments of Truth

516273[/snapback]

:blink:

Shpongles "Divine Moments Of Truth" and Ishqs "Orchid" unknown!?!?

Have you guys been living on a deserted island the last 8 years?

516314[/snapback]

well, you've said all i wanted to say

Trold- Nanocosmos.

On Apoxina. I waited about 2 years for just the right time to play this at a party. It wasn't until 6am at Alex Grey's Chapel of Sacred Mirrors in NYC back in February that the perfect moment arrived.... :)

...there are more i'm sure...but im too tired now... ;)

Ooze: Restricted Flow *****

Shulman: First came the stars *****

Vibrasphere: Manazilla ****

Cosma: Simplicity ****

Klangstrahler Project: Things can change ****

Gabrielle le Mar: One O' Seven ***

Stuff thàt in your CHILL'um & smoke it :P

Shpongle - Divine Moments of Truth: I recently discovered this little gem, it seems so little talked about and, which frightens me, almost unknown. This track is built like a journey, beginning with some trippy vocal stuff and sound effects, thereafter escalating into a great hypnotic trippy melody, and changing the time signatureto 6/8 while at it. The track ends in a frenetic manner; whistles and carneval percussion dominate the last minutes, finishing the track of in a totally non-mystical way, which makes you want to listen again... Absolutely brilliant track.

516273[/snapback]

:huh: What ?

Guest Cosmogenesis

There are a lot of tracks, but only a few comes to my mind now:

RA - Sirius

Dimension 5 - Mind to Mind

Electron Wave - Chromatic Aberration

Miranda - Weightless

Encens - Morphic resonance

Chi-a.d. - Shadow spirit (if we can consider it as an ambient piece)

Etnica - Baraka

Electric Universe - Jouney into outerspace

There are a lot of tracks, but only a few comes to my mind now:

RA - Sirius

Miranda - Weightless

Encens - Morphic resonance

Chi-a.d. - Shadow spirit (if we can consider it as an ambient piece)

Etnica - Baraka

Electric Universe - Jouney into outerspace

516678[/snapback]

A ambient track that really needs attention is Electric universe - aline Encounter part 1, but also other EU trakcs like Visiting Venus, Nexus (which i don´t have but want) and Spiral Galaxy are perfect ambient tracks, such kind of electronic ambient tracks are better than much Shpongle stuff except the Are you shpongled album, is it something similar to the melodic ambient from electric universe out? Alien encounter Part 1 is probably the brest ambient rack from him and his best track.

Klangstrahler Project: Things can change ****

516585[/snapback]

SECONDED!!!

Although IMHO the best tune by Klangstrahler Projekt is Rising ... that's not real ambient in itself though, but it has a wonderful and looong ambient intro and outro, in fact the best intro/outro I know in a track ... pure awesomeness!

Everybody, get it :)

Do you think my description of the track is incorrect?

516667[/snapback]

haha :lol:

dude it's not that which people have to chuckle at ... this Shpongle track is just far from unknown ;)

RA - Sirius

516678[/snapback]

lemme guess ... you have the "Psychedelic Chill" compilation, don't you? ;)

That one is a damn great compilation btw ... can recommend it to everyone, there are many, many good tracks on there!

I also agree with the dude that mentioned Enigma / Deep Forest. It's great stuff ... but I wouldn't say it's underrated, Enigma gets enough attention, the stuff is even played on the radio...

Other than that, I'd say the marvellous uplifting beatless ambient piece Matenda - Smiri Se is DAMN underrated :P

In fact the whole Chilling Matenda stuff is somewhat underrated IMHO...

I also agree with the dude that mentioned Enigma / Deep Forest. It's great stuff ... but I wouldn't say it's underrated, Enigma gets enough attention, the stuff is even played on the radio...

516693[/snapback]

Enigma is not underrated in general just never seems to be mentioned by fans of psy chill. Maybe people thinks he's too commercial but it doesn't bother me when his music is so good. The 3rd album "Le Roi Est Mort, Vive Le Roi" is one of my all time favourite albums.

Jaïa - Desert Walk (from Jaïa - Fiction album, 2005) :) love it!

517145[/snapback]

yes, very beautiful piece

my turn to list songs i enjoy and rarely see others mention

omnimotion - love song

pitch black - elements turn

waterjuice - trip

tomzen - che amichi

ishq - ankh

shulman - nn3

xavier fux - satori