1. Propaganda rmx

2. Beloochi rmx

3. Wishful sinful

4. Indigo child

5. Compos mentis

6. Erlkoenig

7. Kuklusklan rmx

8. Pump the spam

This album is DA BOMB!!! Just when I thought I heard every dark trance album worth of a listen released in 2005 I stumbled on this one... and it totally took my by surprise!!! Although I should probably mention that I've never heard a single track by Psykovsky before so I can't really compare the remixes on this album with the originals.

The album starts "slowly" with Propaganda Rmx and already you can heard that this album will be quite a stormer... A darkish and mechanical atmosphere is hovering all around you through the track which only only starts to fully unleash its power around minute 10:00...

and then we go on to track no. 2 Beloochi Rmx . Again, it starts a little slowly... for about 40 seconds and then the killer bassline hits you in the face like a bullet train! Along with the sound of a dog barking and some distorted astronaut voices... and then another killer melody around 1:55 and then the track just builds up and up. First time I heard this track my heartbeat rose and I could sit down! Just one more word about the bassline: this is the FASTEST droning bassline I have ever heard in a dark trance track. I don't think it's physically possible to make that droning sound any faster than this. Of course you need a good 200W system at minimum to fully enjoy it :)

then comes Wishful Sinful which starts darkish with some samples from Master Yoda himself The darkside clouds everything... Impossible to see the future is... but then turns into morning trance with a well-known tune (although I forget exactly which one... I think it's the one from the classic russian game Tetris?) The end result is pretty nice and most of all, he manages to use a sample from a well-known tune WITHOUT sounding cheezy :)

And then comes THE best track on this album IMO Indigo Child . First a "calm" bassline making you think that we're on for a stroll in the park... then the bassline becomes louder and louder and then BOOM at 0:40 it just hits you. Then some wierd electronic bleeps come in a little afterwards, makes me think of R2D2 singing lol. Seriously though, the first thing that hit me when I listened to this track is that if Pleidadians made IFO in a period when dark trance was the norm, the tracks would probably have sounded like this. Don't expect to find IFO style melodies or anything, I'm just saying that this track gives me the same "hurricane of sound thats ready to make your roof explode" feeling as IFO. It makes you wanna pull your hair out of your head with your bear hands, that's how intense and crazy this feels. Of course, don't expect much if you don't have a powerful system turned to the max...

Corpus Mentis starts a little dull but again it builds up around 4:50 with an oldschoolish melody... don't expect much oldschool though, but again the way this dude manages buildups is simply insane. And the way the climax sometimes misses a beat (like in 5:35), it just ads to the madness :)

Erlkoeing (WTF is that for a track name??) is one of the weaker tracks here IMO. BUT it has one surprise up its sleeve: around 2:50 I heard what seems to be a little melody in the background... then when I paid more attention I realized it was a sample from a 90s pop song Chris Isaac - Wicked Game (you know, the track that got you all horny when a teen cause the video featured Helena Christiansen half naked ;) ). This must be the most intelligent use of a sample EVER!!! hehe hope he won't get in trouble copyright stuff :)

Then we move into more morning territory with Kuklusklan Rmx again, the buildup starts around 4:30 and pushes up and up, making you go totally insane :)

The album closer Pump the Spam is pretty weak in comparison with the rest here...

Conclusion WOAH man this one's a KILLER!!! 6 out of 8 tracks are total stormers!!! It's been a while since I haven't been so crazy about a release. I've been listening to this one CONSTANTLY (at LEAST 15 times a day) for a week and it just gets better and better!!! AND, unlike most dark trance releases, every track here has it's own identity, it's not just interchangeable stuff, they're all mad tracks, but each is mad in it's own way. Unless I have any more surprises I proclaim this to be THE best dark psy release of 2005 :) 10/10

faves: 1 (!!), 2 (!!!), 3, 4 (!!!), 5 (!!), 7 (!!!)

i can't get myself to review this one... somedays it rings a bell, some days it just dosen't at all and it seems terribly dispersed and chopped without a clear direction, not mention is very unfriendly to mix and i refuse to fade in the intro's... Indigo Child, Pump the spam and wishful sinful have pretty good moments though.

is very unfriendly to mix

man this is the kind of argument that makes me go mad... if you have a choice between some dull track with a perfect 4/4 kick and a mad track with contantly changing basslines and measures missing kicks to add to the crazyness, would you really hesitate which one to chose? ;)

man this is the kind of argument that makes me go mad... if you have a choice between some dull track with a perfect 4/4 kick and a mad track with contantly changing basslines and measures missing kicks to add to the crazyness, would you really hesitate which one to chose? ;)

499969[/snapback]

how about secret option C, a mad track with friendly beats and clearly defined cue points. B) WHy can't i get them both? This alone is no grounds to scrap a good track... but... they add little by little to the perfection pot...

this is was just my experienced, perhas more haxxor dudes had no troubles... ;)

Edited by RAH

• 2 weeks later...

People here in Rio / Brazil really respect this album .. .. People think it is the best album relesead on earth ... .

i having some great time down here listen to psychovisk_ debut album ...

n what tha fuck is tha track of psychovisk vs dejavuproject on killfuckingbill v.a .

1 downloaded

2 listened

3 deleted

imo this is horrible shit Posted Image

499977[/snapback]

Agreed :ph34r: I've heard worse though (Highcosmos - 4Real), but I couldn't understand this album at all. Perhaps I'm getting old :unsure:

• 2 months later...

pop some mushies and listen to this :D

this is unrelenting 'psychedelic' trance to the core

i feel sorry for people who cant feel the power of psykovsky's music :(

• Like 1

Agreed :ph34r: I've heard worse though (Highcosmos - 4Real), but I couldn't understand this album at all. Perhaps I'm getting old :unsure:

507949[/snapback]

yeah i think you should quit listening to psytrance if you don't like highcosmos - 4real

if there are 2 albums that are really psychedelic, it are those 2

yeah i think you should quit listening to psytrance if you don't like highcosmos - 4real

566517[/snapback]

Highko - Noise Brothers on Poison is even better. Probably my favourite Dark Psy album at the moment. Killargh stuff.

566517[/snapback]

Yeah, perhaps I should. I don't think that 150+bpm noise is qualified as psytrance. Most of the album was just noise sounds thrown around with no meaning.. If I want noise, I'll listen to noise ;)

566517[/snapback]

Highko - Noise Brothers on Poison is even better. Probably my favourite Dark Psy album at the moment. Killargh stuff.

566519[/snapback]

thx for telling me.. i didn't know highko had an album

Cosmo - Gravity is also better imo

566571[/snapback]

so basically you people are comparing an album released in 2005 with stuff from 2006? Don't you think it would be more apropriate to start new topics reviewing the mentioned 06 albums and compare them with previously released stuff like psykovsky?

so basically you people are comparing an album released in 2005 with stuff from 2006?

Yes.

Don't you think it would be more apropriate to start new topics reviewing the mentioned 06 albums and compare them with previously released stuff like psykovsky?

569590[/snapback]

No.