Cosmo - Gravity

Ov3rdos3

Has anyone heard this album yet? As far as dark psy goes, how would you rate this album? Ive heard a few Cosmo tunes before and the are fucking wicked. What do you think of this album. Those who dont like dark psy need not answer, because i dont care what you think.

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/ino/ino1cd005.html

well I still have to hear it (will be in my mailbox monday).... he came and played at our last party in february and totally trashed the place with his music. For me he makes the best darkpsy.... I really like his breaks and the speed of his tracks ..... He is currently working on his second album this time for the noisepoison guys ....

well I still have to hear it (will be in my mailbox monday).... he came and played at our last party in february and totally trashed the place with his music.  For me he makes the best darkpsy.... I really like his breaks and the speed of his tracks ..... He is currently working on his second album this time for the noisepoison guys ....

489675[/snapback]

Yeah i heard Cosmo- Gama Seti (sp?) Jesus. that track is mental. Really mad breaks and fast paced. I love it. I might actually buy this cd.

I dont like his style that much.Ok its fast and crazy,so what?Dark?of course not.He reminds me of how Skazi would like if he didnt want to make xtra money.Its too uplifting,too KDD wannabe,anyway,i hope you like it.

I dont like his style that much.Ok its fast and crazy,so what?Dark?of course not.He reminds me of how Skazi would like if he didnt want to make xtra money.Its too uplifting,too KDD wannabe,anyway,i hope you like it.

489795[/snapback]

yeah, it reminds me more of techno, its definitely crazy, but not psychedelic. doesnt mean its bad though. i still think its well produced.

and its nothing like skazi. skazi blows.

I loved his previous tracks @ different compilations but he moved to a different style lately and I don't appreciate it.

Samples here sound poor, imo... and I'm looking forward to his another more experimental album coming out this year @ Noise Poison, if I'm not mistaken.

Animal? Yeah. it was actually pretty good when it came out.

489895[/snapback]

Its quite possible you'll say the same thing about Cosmo in 4 years.Let's hope not.

But when you get into the loop of trying to make the crowd go crazy,instead of making them go trippy,you face the dangers of Skaziness.

489795[/snapback]

i agree with the dude here.. i'm not very fond of his style either, i could see how the tracks work on the floor and it definately has vibe for that and it is mix-friendly, but is not my style either. not because is not 'dark' enough but because i don't feel much of a soul behind the banging and the random noises... that's just my opinion though

actually i agree with the dude here.. i'm not very fond of style either, i could see how the tracks works on the floor and it definately has vibe for that and a lot mire mix-friendly, but is not my style either. not because is not 'dark' enough but because i don't feel much of a soul behind the banging and the random noises... that's just my opinion though

489918[/snapback]

Its not psychedelic, but it is good in my opinion. Its good for what it is.

what is psychedelic, i mean you kow? hehe... to each his own if you like it go for it, that's why i pulled that other album with highko he did earlier, if you hand't checked it out figured you would be interested. taste is taste, no less or more...

• 1 year later...

Cosmo not psychedelic :blink:

Cosmo is überpsychedelic, everything about it just sounds so great on acid and it represents the crazy cartoony atmosphere which you have on a good trip..

if i had to name 10 psychedelic artists, cosmo would be definately be in it!

Cosmo makes the best LSD music IMO. One of the best in that style. Id say COsmo, Whicked Hayo and the stuff that Kindzadza has been making recently are all tied for first place in the LSD-lovers branch of pure psychedelic.

i would suggest you check this one too then >

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/npc/npc1cd002.html

as far as i'm concerned that's the same cosmo...

+1. 4Real is a great album. I don't have Gravity but the samples on saikosounds sounded pretty similar to the Highcosmos album, but without the same je ne sais quoi in my opinion.

Cosmo - Xxxperimental is one of the best tracks written in that style, imo. Really good.

I'm not sure about this track. Towards the end it sounds like the cd is skipping, but I think that's part of the track because the sample on saikosounds skips in the same places. Can anyone confirm that it is supposed to sound like that? If so then it's an interesting idea but personally I find it kind of grating.

Cosmo is funny, happy, and not serious. Its always seemed to me that Highko is more serious, and as a result Highcosmos is more serious.

And, after the first few listens to Gravity, I didn't really hear anything to like... But after a few more, and a few MORE listens, I found a whole lot to love. Especially trk 6, his homage to Kindzadza. Love it, especially at the end where it does the whole reprogram-your-life thing. "Your wife is Diane..." :lol:

Its happy smiley night music.

At first I really disliked Cosmo and Highko but I think I was considering their music from the wrong perspective... see it's that jittery kind of madly technical psytrance that stops and starts far too much to really get into a groove but once I take off my trance hat I find I kind of like how mad it is, depending on the track. The hardcore kids like it too.

i actually really like this album. its hard fast and psychedelic. I am not into this kind of fast trance at all. Mostly because it has rubbish noises randomly put on top of a ugly sounding bass. But this one kicks ass.

Seen him live as well last summer. Which was good. But you just cant keep on going at this pace. If it would be around 146 it would be possible but 152 and above.. come on.. Its not gabber...

i pitched it down in a fullon set a few times.. worked quite well!

pitched down: 7.5/ 10 for psychedelicness

Cosmo makes the best LSD music IMO. One of the best in that style. Id say COsmo, Whicked Hayo and the stuff that Kindzadza has been making recently are all tied for first place in the LSD-lovers branch of pure psychedelic.

I remember attending a cosmo party about three four years back . One of the best sets i've ever heard . but he's changed his style a bit compared to his earlier productions.. his music has gone too fast for my liking and leaves me feeling dazed more than anything else. He's just trying to add too many noises randomly. Anything with a lot of breaks just puts me off. i just wish he changes his style back to tracks like psyalska which is why i started lissenin to cosmo in the first place.

I'm not sure about this track. Towards the end it sounds like the cd is skipping, but I think that's part of the track because the sample on saikosounds skips in the same places. Can anyone confirm that it is supposed to sound like that? If so then it's an interesting idea but personally I find it kind of grating.

My copy does the same... I had to get Xxx-perimental from another source :ph34r: wicked track though! And no its not meant to be skipping like that ;) We are just unlucky to have gotten a faulty copy....

When talking about this chopped-up-stylee my favorite track must be Alien Mental - Itchin 'n' Glitchin from Mindshare :wub: just mAd to the bone!

or Peace For The Wicked thats awfully nice as well! :D

My copy does the same... I had to get Xxx-perimental from another source :ph34r: wicked track though! And no its not meant to be skipping like that ;) We are just unlucky to have gotten a faulty copy....

Bugger. Did you get it using p2p software?

OD: Back on topic, Kindzadza's new stuff is in a similar vein to Cosmo/ Peace for the Wicked etc. but better based on what I have heard. If you are thinking about getting Gravity it might be worth waiting for the new KDD album and seeing what people have to say about that instead.