Tandu - Multimoods

Children

Awesome album. Many here have written reviews in the old goatrance reviews section, currently unavailable. I doubt this will get even a decent amount of reviews. Worth me mentioning however, this is a superb goatrance classic!

Update: Tracks 1, 2, 3, 4, and 6 all the way!

Tandu is indeed an awesome album. One of the greats we rarely seem to speak of anymore. Many here have written reviews in the old goatrance reviews section, currently unavailable. I doubt this will get even a decent amount of reviews. Worth me mentioning however, this is a superb goatrance classic!

413655[/snapback]

I´am ely pissed of that the side menu is still missing, cut someone change the name of this site to psyorum.rog because this site currently isn´t worth to be called psynews.org, everyone is on the offtopic section and the general section is quit empty, not many talkt there and you realy can´t find news of releases, even the releases of the big guys like astal, hallucinogen and mfg aren´t here coz noone has interest on this site.

Yeah, great album, slightly bad mastering, but great tracks nevertheless. True goa spirit captured with wild, demented beats and stunning melodies. Some tracks seem a bit inconsistent but ALIEN PUMP, VISUALLY DISTORTED, RODEO and THE SYSTEM are perfect tracks...8/10

The Alien Pump climax is unbelievable... so classic

The only thing that I find bad about this album is Visually Distorted.. it has this extremely annoying melody in it, I'm sure most of you know what I'm talking about :)

Best: Alien Pump, Rodeo, The System

4/5

The Alien Pump climax is unbelievable... so classic

The only thing that I find bad about this album is Visually Distorted.. it has this extremely annoying melody in it, I'm sure most of you know what I'm talking about :)

Best: Alien Pump, Rodeo, The System

4/5

418896[/snapback]

Annoying melody in Visually Distorted?! You're crazy! :) I think it's an awesome track. I must say I like Interstealer Dawn the most on this album. But all tracks are good.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Cosmogenesis

I agree with you: Visually Distorted is "The" Track: very powerfull with big fx, nice strange voice in the background. But I think that New aura is a much emotional tune. Everytime I'm listening it, I have a bizarre sensation, a "deja vu" feeling. I mean I think that I have already listened this track in another time, another existence, another world.

Maybe I'm a little paranoid!! ;)

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I´am ely pissed of that the side menu is still missing, cut someone change the name of this site to psyorum.rog because this site currently isn´t worth to be called psynews.org, everyone is on the offtopic section and the general section is quit empty, not many talkt there and you realy can´t find news of releases, even the releases of the big guys like astal, hallucinogen and mfg aren´t here coz noone has interest on this site.

484637[/snapback]

I have no idea to the point of this post!

About the album. I bought this a while ago & must admit I only listened to it once. I was not overly impressed. I should dig it out & give it another spin.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Ok let's review this gem.

.01. Alien Pump

Alien Pump starts really nice. The electrified bass is promising so much.The effects are very good and clear. The kick drum just hitting full over the place.

Also the hihats are so nice, doing excellent work. The sound is full but not over clipped to my ears. A very nice goa trance sequencer sound is taking place approximately at 3:00. And this is the one that will make it go crazy when the time is right.

Very nice track and one of the 'hits' those days.

.02. The System

Let's go to my favorite one.Here we start with the distorted bassline been just aggressive and funky. The pads are so hypnotic beware :) The Kick?Yeah that is another goa track alternative kick. The hihats just moving changing pitch so nice and smooth.The snare? Just like a hammer.

The track keeps going and developing so nice.New elements are coming and make you dance.At 2:18 a very nice synth is taking place to give a nice oriental atmosphere while at the same time some twisted swirling sounds are dressing the track.

At 3:43 you could just be in the mind of these artists.And at 04:04 they are just say, ok kids let's start to trance out.

So here we go approximately at 06:35 where some very interesting pads and vocals are taking place.Yeah this is a track dudes.

.03. Naughty Moves

Naughty Moves, very nice title.The beginning of the track again is very interesting.The bassline very nice and dancable waiting the kick to come in.And it comes raw and nice.At 1:50 we are going to the main theme of the track.Pads scaring and hoping too.Nice effect over the place giving some good atmosphere.At 03:49 we have that nice break with the goa feeling which is developing again and again.Another interesting moment is at 05:44 where a nice goa sequencer is playing so fine.

.04. New Aura

This track New Aura I've been reading alot.Yes I agree is so nice track. It starts so nice and the vocals are helping. Hypnotic hihats and effects are making a very nice work there.And the electrified goa sequencer is also good.Just relaxing there. At 01:30 we are getting more serious.It is a very nice relaxing track!Another great moment is at 02:25 when this melody is coming and evolving making, company with nice hypnotic notes.A very innovating moment is at 05:38 when you here the guys there just being playing as a dj (some hihats desapear for a moment, and then appearing again so funky!)

.05. Orca

Let's go to Orca.A weird beginning and yes this track needs alot of listening to understand it.Sounds experimental and minimal to me at the same time.Moving on the Orca, the melody is coming out.As said before this is experimental goa track that an album like that need it there! One of my favorite in this album.

.06. Visually Distorted

We are going deeper to psychedelic trance this time.Again?The sound is so full!A very nice track.

.07. Rodeo

Rodeo track starts very nice.Let's play some ping pong with effects here :) The track gets twisted.Good and this deep kick is so nice. A journey is about to begin there to psychedelic trance.So nice effects, kicks changing pitch, and the bassline keep hiting nice.One of my favorite in this album.

.08. Interstealer Dawn

And here we close the review with Interstealer Dawn. Very interesting start again guys. The bassline enters so funky there!The track keeps developing giving me the feeling as a mid-tempo psychedelic trance track but it is not.I guess the BPM's are just fine there.The structure confusing you.Very good work.A great track to close such an album.

Favorites: 01. Alien Pump, 02. The System, 04. New Aura, 07. Rodeo and 08. Interstealer Dawn.

Final Verdict: 9/10.

Thank you Ofer Dikovsky and Marko Goren for providing quality music these days.

• 1 year later...

"Multimoods" is one of those albums which should have served as the foundation stone all subsequent israeli psy trance releases should have elaborated upon and/or at least looked up to. It's that good. Cross that, it's much better.

We all know how that story ended, though.

Dropping the entire discussion about Ofer Dikovsky's present musical whereabouts, his collaboration with Marko Goren is just out of this world. There's enough raw power and energy here to last three parties. The music is as furious as an irritated elephant trying to chase a mosquito off his testacle. OK, that would be taking it too far, but the extent to which "Multimoods" maximizes goa trance is unsane. Not insane, but not quite sane either. Whatever.

Standouts are impossible to pin point, but Alien Pump is easily the greatest goa trance related tune I've ever heard come out of Israel, New Aura is the finest mid tempo goa trance track we've never heard since, Naughty Moves, Visually Distorted and Rodeo are overdosing on their own respective greatness, and relying on melodies so stalwart and bewildering, so hot you'll feel as though your cheeks are getting crushed by plastic bags loaded with hot piss. The whole album is packed with sagaciously applied particular details, those "Oh did you just hear that?" moments, dazzling and acutely sharp metallic sounds which will resound in your ears hours after the album's playing time is through. Unforgettable experience.

• 1 month later...

TANDU - MULTIMOODS
PHONOKOL RECORDS

multimoo.jpg

Track listing:

01. 08'56" Alien Pump
02. 10'13" The System
03. 08'59" Naughty Moves
04. 10'10" New Aura
05. 08'00" Orca
06. 09'18" Virtually Distorted
07. 11'55" Rodeo
08. 09'55" Interstealer Dawn

Interesting. I never wrote a review on this one before. The Israeli duo, Ofer Dikovsky and Marko Goren came together here with one of the strongest Goa albums ever produced. Other side project from Ofer Dikovsky include Pigs In Space, a solid Goatrance album. Tandu's Multimoods tops it.

01. Alien Pump is one of the best opening songs you're likely ever to hear on a Goatrance album. Powerful, super charged, angry and climactic, Alien Pump is an uncompromising entrance into the world of one of the most rich, dark, and powerful Goa albums of all time. It's a blistering super sonic rocket, beginning from carefully compiled ingredients. Pump raises the bar actually, building up to a burst of melody climax around 2:02. This is just the beginning. The evolution around 6:00 is excellent, and everything in-between is nothing less than great. The song is indeed a pump, one of the best Goa songs. Additionally, from 7:08 to around 7:50 is incredible! Enjoy. A

02. The System is a less climactic, though dynamic, gradually building, and cleverly crafted number with a superb melody lead beginning around 3:10. Rich with sound textures and various soundscapes, the climactic and contagious lead begins is at 4:04 and is complimented by an enormously psychedelic and captivating score. The tip of the rocket declines in climax, temporally dismissing its monster lead around 5:45 all while surrounding sounds build impregnable melodic structures and highly manipulated soundscapes. Suddenly, the monster lead returns with more ferocity and power. It is an incredible return to one of the greatest climaxes, quite possibly ever. Soon after, a creatively chilling ambient atmosphere envelopes the ship from 6:30 to 7:39 coupled with an interesting voice sample that seems related to brainwashing, mind control. I think many people like this song because of its imagination direction, all while repossessing a super lead as the previous track did. This one appears to have more of a story. Completely unpredictable and catchy throughout, The System is the second superb song on the album. A

03. Naughty Moves is begins with a chilling tune, and takes a wicked, fresh approach to Goa. Produced is an incredible, continuously improving development. Suddenly at 3:50 one of the most stunning and catchy climactic melody leads I have ever heard in my life. This is ridiculously infectious, and my favorite part of the album so far. Each track thus far has had a gorgeous diamond within their darkly storming and dynamic, futuristic atmosphere. I love this song for its liquidly enveloping, master/monster wave. It's amazing and presents a pinnacle design and reoccurring moment of stardom in Goa-Trance. If I had to pick one, this is my favorite track on the album. A

04. New Aura is the creative, elaborate mid-tempo number that has gained much attention and praise over the years. Dark, provocative, and other worldly. The number is very strong, mysterious, and satisfying. Provided with a melody gem to rivet across the atmosphere, numerous elements and an inspired, innovative direction seal this work of art as more than a badass little treasure. Listen as it develops, and then try not to pay attention to any specific sound, just open up to its wide display of sounds and the vibration it creates. The darker voice samples enhance. I'm impressed. A-

05. Orca is not as intense as the others; it's unique, serious sounding, and plodding. There are some interesting moments, sure. I don't find it as catchy as the previous numbers though. Still it's refreshingly unique and solid. B+

06. Virtually Distorted is the highest octane number since Naughty Moves; it's excellent. A ripping, alien synth lead rages across the bass lines like magic. This is an awesome return to the intense, climactic and infectious style of the first three storms. A

07. Rodeo is a unique return to the less climactic approach and style of Tandu. My gripe is the general sound. It's catchy, but grows repetitive until an evolution at 7:40. This is a great shift. However, the overall song is longer than necessary, and less captivating than some of the other tracks. B

08. Interstealer Dawn feels like an inspiration, or a relaxed version to Tandu's previous, more infectious songs. It then reintroduces its elegant lead as the surrounding stage develops with more sound layers. The weakness here is that the idea has been done before. Previous uptempo tracks did it better. In the end, the song comes across as less memorable after hearing so many excellent numbers back-to-near back. The song doesn't arrest my attention like the others with exception to Orca and Rodeo. This is a pretty good song. It's just nothing spectacular. I imagined a stronger ending to an otherwise great album with numerous superb vehicles. B

Gripes / Weaknesses - The first half of the album is amazing (4 out of 4 excellent to superb songs); the second half not so much (one is superb IMO, the others more or less good). Orca, Rodeo, and Interstealer Dawn are not on the same level as Alien Pump, Naughty Moves, and Visually Distorted. Nor the mid-tempo infection of New Aura. Oh well.

CONCLUSION - Tandu's "Multimoods" is hands down, one of the best Goa albums ever made. Ambitious, dark, magnetic, and ahead of its time, as was Pleiadian's I.F.O., Hallucinogen's Twisted, etc. Multimoods is close up there, with tracks on par with some of the top stuff. The tracks are generally fierce, intense, climax driven, and psychedelic, with a dark, futuristic, and unemotionally vivid and wicked edge. Hard kicks, bass lines and hi hats are commonly placed, but what really stands out is the streaming, intricate and infectious melody work built upon strong foundations and overly blasted by a blazing, imaginative and chaotic, yet delicious style. Multimoods is one of my favorite (Top 10 ) Goatrance albums of all time.

Best Tracks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6.

A-

BUY HERE: http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display...ease.asp?id=935

* Tandu - Multimoods is on my Goatrance Top 10.

1. Pleiadians - I.F.O. - A
2. Hallucinogen - Twisted - A
3. Hallucinogen - The Lone Deranger - A

4. Filteria - Daze of Our Lives A
5. Transwave - Backfire - A

6. Tandu - Multimoods - A-

• 2 months later...

For me probably this is the best damn Goa album ever....... its magical, after listening to so many other goa albums this is the one i keep coming back to

i also love their other group indoor with space cat that one is magical to.... but dis stands out. :drama: :posford:

boooooommm...

• 2 months later...

Up to a few days before your review, it was still available. Seems that by the time you posted your review it sold out. Maybe was the last one !

It's currently available again. It comes and goes. Everyone here who hasn't got it; they should get it now before it goes again.

This is my kind of aggressive Goatrance 100% percent. Specifically: Tracks 1, 3, 6. These tracks for me are more addictive than any of the other songs on the album, although The System has several superb "hook" segments. Furthermore, I find these three tracks more infectious than anything Hallucinogen has ever produced accept for Trancespotter, Shakey Shaker, and maybe 2-3 others, L.S.D (but the synth work wasn't as crazy addictive in L.S.D. IMO, but I love the song). For me, this several tracks are up there with Pleiadians. Tandu - Multimoods is possibly in the top 5 or 3 most infectious albums in Goa and Psytrance due to several tracks.

It's the synth work. Naturally they're quite imaginative and skilled on a technical level but what it comes down to is the synth work. For instance, the synth work from 7:08 to around 7:47 in Alien Pump. There's something about the synth work that is very interesting here. It's like, this sound suspends every other sound in the environment; I become completely submissive, unconscious of all other sounds when this synth work takes present. Same thing around 3:52 into Naughty Moves. The streaming, blazing, echoed Goa melody is awesome yes, but there's something arresting with the sound. It's like an addictive sound that takes over my brain. In life certain sounds, visuals, or feels affect each and everyone of us differently. But the work here, many people agree with me, there's something interesting about it, how it affects the senses.

Alien Pump, Naughty Moves and Visually Distorted are stunning, infectious killers. Those tracks alone would last a stunning war up against any three tracks from any artist/album in electronica.