in search of a melodic moment

snowball

i need some reccomandations for some beatless melodic psy!

to explain it more:

take etnica-sharp or any other album,there is the main part of the track and then at some point the melodies start to appear,and after some minutes,the beat is gone and only the melody is there,often followed by a crescendo(a build up) that brings you back to the main part with all the elements blazing(hard beats,full melodies,high hats etc)

What i am looking for is entire tracks like this,with great melodies that change,merge evolve blah blah...

But without the beat,well there can be some beat,but i want it clean and not club-like,maybe smoother,not in-your-face beat.bass is not a problem here,just the annoying beat that distracts me from the melody.

this goes for ambient too.

some words that come in my mind when trying to express this genre are:

wavy,floating,melodic,dreamy,mellow....

an example is etnica-planet x(sharp album) at 4:18,where the melody kicks in,i almost cream my pants! :P

Check ambient galaxy by astral projection. That's the only one i can think of right now, but I'm sure Pete Namlooks label Fax has at least some stuff in this direction.

these are tracks right???

thnx but i was looking more for albums,only a track will not satisfy me melodic hunger!!!! :lol:

thnx again for the tracks,i will check out the artists to see if they produced more of this style!!! :)

to explain it more:

take etnica-sharp or any other album,there is the main part of the track and then at some point the melodies start to appear,and after some minutes,the beat is gone and only the melody is there,often followed by a crescendo(a build up) that  brings you back to the main part with all the elements blazing(hard beats,full melodies,high hats etc)

What i am looking for is entire tracks like this,with great melodies that change,merge evolve blah blah...

But without the beat,well there can be some beat,but i want it clean and not club-like,maybe smoother,not in-your-face beat.bass is not a problem here,just the annoying beat that distracts me from the melody.

an example is etnica-planet x(sharp album) at 4:18,where the melody kicks in,i almost cream my pants! :P

452857[/snapback]

I can recommend you Liquid mind, it is beatless and really melodic, above all the first three albums, but it is not psychedelic but really relaxing, no rhythm at all.

great melodies that change,merge evolve blah blah...

452857[/snapback]

ROBERT RICH - THE OTHER SIDE OF TWILIGHT

it's simply a masterpiece of electronic/ambient/space music that I think y'all should hear.. let it unfold patiently and experience something profound

to explain it more:

take etnica-sharp or any other album,there is the main part of the track and then at some point the melodies start to appear,and after some minutes,the beat is gone and only the melody is there,often followed by a crescendo(a build up) that  brings you back to the main part with all the elements blazing(hard beats,full melodies,high hats etc)

I read the post and there was only one track instantly popping into my mind:

Solar Fields - Electric Fluid ... it's not beatless, but it produces exactly this floating feeling in me because of the synths that are used especially in the second half of the song! There really are some floating passages in this one IMO ... and yes, it has a little beat, but very gentle, not deep, but flat, just to accommodate it.

You should get the Fahrenheit Project Part II CD, this song was released on that compilation .. together with Kheztal - Glaciales Lacrimae, another song that kinda fits your description a bit ... and it contains various other very very good chill songs (maybe not for your case here, but overall)...

Guest Astro Cortex

OK, so you're looking for floating ambient with trance-like melodies, right? Then I'd recommend the following albums:

Pete Namlook & Mixmaster Morris - Dreamfish 1&2

Pete Namlook & Steve Stoll - Hemisphere

Pete Namlook & Richie Hawtin - From Within 1,2,3

Oliver Lieb - Constellation

Dr. Atmo & Oliver Lieb - Music to Films

Dr. Atmo & Ramin - Sad World 3

David Moufang - Solitaire

Autechre - Incunabula

Synaesthesia - Desideratum

Delerium - Spheres

Starseed Transmission - Metamorphic Illumination

Saul Stokes - Washed in Mercury

• 8 months later...

albums you'll love must be:

Zero Cult's one (sometimes with a bit but very trancy melodic), same goes for the Side Liner album, but the winner...

Unstable Elements - Technical Illusions! An album only released this year, VERY good imo, and I haven't seen much reviews about it, but melodic, often beatless dreamy ambient, I love it! :)