OOOD

Ormion

Since Colin is a member I think it's time to praise him for his group.

So do you like them? I do!

I still remember the time I bought Breathing Space. I didn't know anything about them when I saw in the BNE website (they made the distribution, back then?) that OOOD are well known for they hard psychedelic trance. I bought it and I was amazed! True psychedelia, kinda old school but different. I also remember that I hated Hartley's Ambient Jam track but today it's one of my favorite ambient tracks! And what about the side projects? Unconsciouss Collective, Rotatum (Phaze Din what a track!). Do you have more?

Now, I'm really curious for the A Live release, since many ppl said that this is even better that Breathing Space! After all, it's the only cd with a Cthulhu track :)

And what about the new album. What style is gonna be?

And one question: It's OOOD or O.O.O.D.? and How do you pronounce it? o-ood or long ood?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since Colin is a member I think it's time to praise him for his group.

So do you like them? I do!

I still remember the time I bought Breathing Space. I didn't know anything about them when I saw in the BNE website (they made the distribution, back then?) that OOOD are well known for they hard psychedelic trance. I bought it and I was amazed! True psychedelia, kinda old school but different. I also remember that I hated Hartley's Ambient Jam track but today it's one of my favorite ambient tracks! And what about the side projects? Unconsciouss Collective, Rotatum (Phaze Din what a track!). Do you have more?

Now, I'm really curious for the A Live release, since many ppl said that this is even better that Breathing Space! After all, it's the only cd with a Cthulhu track  :)

And what about the new album. What style is gonna be?

And one question: It's OOOD or O.O.O.D.? and How do you pronounce it? o-ood or long ood?

434767[/snapback]

When I got the first Oood Album, must have been around 1996 I was completely blown away :-) On a few occasions I got drunk, listened to the CD with a friend and we were banging out heads to the sound of the beat for the entire duration.

Very memorable :-)

Oood is pronounced "Out of our Depth"

Best Wishes

Krell

Yeah I know what it means, but if I want to use only the initials how do I have to pronounce it?

434777[/snapback]

I say Oood like Food

Or....

Like Oompa Loompa didelyy doo, I got a perfect puzzle for you...

Like Willy Wonkas Oompa Loompas.

Best Wishes

Krell

I say Oood like Food

434799[/snapback]

i've met the guys, yes, that's how they pronounce it. though i say long O and D.

the way they say it sounds weird :P it sounds UUUD to me.

my language is "how you write it, you pronounce it", and that's why.

the music is great, i got to see them live at X-mas, old tracks + new tracks.

i believe the new album is gonna be good. :D

i'd like to hear A Live too, seraph has been talking pretty nice about it.

i've met the guys, yes, that's how they pronounce it. though i say long O and D.

the way they say it sounds weird :P it sounds UUUD to me.

my language is "how you write it, you pronounce it", and that's why.

the music is great, i got to see them live at X-mas, old tracks + new tracks.

i believe the new album is gonna be good. :D

i'd like to hear A Live too, seraph has been talking pretty nice about it.

434810[/snapback]

gemm.com have it

very good

It's no Posford..

:)

actually I don't think I've ever heard a single OOOD track

*makes a mental note of finding out

Colin's stuff is very, very good. I like Bald Marshon, Silence, the intro to

Hairy Venusian is fucking brilliant, Free Range...

Pronunciation: I always 'pronounced it in my mind' as:

Oh-Oh-Oh-Dee.

maybe an interesting variant on this would be:

Uh-Oh...OD!!!?!?!?

As a single 'word' I think a nice interpretation of OOOD would be as:

ooooohed!

There is some clever wordplay in his track names (that is, if this CD has

his track listed properly:

The Unwinding Mind (Trance)

Mind The Unwinding (I don't know what style but if it is ambient-ish then that's a flash of brilliance)

Kundalini is to this day my favourite psy track ever. Stuff like Shamanix and Enlightened Evolution got me interested, but Kundalini was the one that kept me interested right up till now. Nothing has ever moved in that way since, and it probably never will.

Utter belter - played it out last month and it still goes down a cracker.

A Live is better than breathing space IMO, and for my money the Kundalini on Fill Your Head With Phantasm 3 (the studio one) Is better than the live cut.

Colin, I know you're reading this thread btw ;)

Kundalini is to this day my favourite psy track ever. Stuff like Shamanix and Enlightened Evolution got me interested, but Kundalini was the one that kept me interested right up till now. Nothing has ever moved in that way since, and it probably never will.

Utter belter - played it out last month and it still goes down a cracker.

A Live is better than breathing space IMO, and for my money the Kundalini on Fill Your Head With Phantasm 3 (the studio one) Is better than the live cut.

Colin, I know you're reading this thread btw ;)

435015[/snapback]

Of course he is.

a totally offtopic question, but have you ever been wondering about this:

there's few words with double "o" in it, like food, wood, good, mood, noob, boobs etc. ;)

in all of the above the double "o" is prenaunced as "u", right? what about "doors" then? I've never heard anyone saying it "durs", it's always "dors"

why?

Edited by antic

Now, I'm really curious for the A Live release, since many ppl said that this is even better that Breathing Space! After all, it's the only cd with a Cthulhu track  :)

434767[/snapback]

incorrect...

http://www.discogs.com/release/213086

I barely heard any OOOD stuff but the Cthulu track from that above compilation and I must say I was really impressed from this mind blowing track! and now I'm after "A live"

a totally offtopic question, but have you ever been wondering about this:

there's few words with double "o" in it, like food, wood, good, mood, noob, boobs etc. ;)

in all of the above the double "o" is prenaunced as "u", right? what about "doors" then? I've never heard anyone saying it "durs", it's always "dors"

why?

435049[/snapback]

That, strangely enough, is the English language for you. There are a million different examples.

Just in that sentence, the ou in "enough" and "you" are pronounced differently. And "enough" is strange as it is, since it should be spelled like "enuff". I used to know the reason for the "ough" thing in English, but I don't anymore.

Have both albums, thanks to this site btw, and really like them. I remember reading the old review section and then ordering one album. Liked it a lot and then read in the reviews that they still sell copies of their alive album. Wrote them an email and here we go. Brilliant stuff... :)

Is OOOD still active as music producer ?

different name ?

quit ?

have no idea  :unsure:

435095[/snapback]

OOOD is releasing an album in few months on Organic Rec. Otherwise, Colin Bennun (1/3 of OOOD if I remember) released an album with Andrew Humphries few months ago as Voice of Cod (the best of 2005 according to me) and is making some music as Unconscious Collective with a group of other people (more ambient / downbeat project).

Colin is a member of this forum too and he's one of the friendliest and knowledgable people I met here or on psy-forum.co.uk :)

Edited by antic

OOOD is releasing an album in few months on Organic Rec. Otherwise, Colin Bennun (1/3 of OOOD if I remember) released an album with Andrew Humphries few months ago as Voice of Cod (the best of 2005 according to me) and is making some music as Unconscious Collective with a group of other people (more ambient / downbeat project).

Colin is a member of this forum too and he's one of the friendliest and knowledgable people I met here or on psy-forum.co.uk :)

435096[/snapback]

His work under the name Unconscious Collective produced an excellent

single on Flying Rhino:

Title track is really a stomper

That, strangely enough, is the English language for you. There are a million different examples.

Just in that sentence, the ou in "enough" and "you" are pronounced differently. And "enough" is strange as it is, since it should be spelled like "enuff". I used to know the reason for the "ough" thing in English, but I don't anymore.

435052[/snapback]

The canonical example used to describe the illogical pronunciation

in the English language is:

GHOTI=FISH

I will leave it to you to work out the details.

English speakers don't spoil it please.