What do you think about Midimiliz?

traveller

Personally I think they're one of the very few truly great psy artists out there. :)

2 perfect studio albums in a row.. well actually I haven't got my hands to their first yet so I can't speak of that. But yeah.. fucking quality :D

You guys should do yourselves a favour and go get their first album "Antistat" as well, I somehow like it better than their sucessor... I don´t know... "Non standards" is quite good, no doubt about it, but it sounds kind of fluffy to my ears compared to their first one.

what about the fact that it sounds psychedelic, is that enough? Or are there like some rules how psytrance track should be like?

433247[/snapback]

well, you said that it sounds more psychedelic than fullon, in that case its not too psychedelic since many people dont consider fullon being psychedelic, and you were comparing them, comparison doesnt make it psychedelic.

either it is or not, it doesnt matter with what you compare it B)

Edited by reger

well, you said that it sounds more psychedelic than fullon, in that case its not too psychedelic since many people dont consider fullon being psychedelic, and you were comparing them, comparison doesnt make it psychedelic.

either it is or not, it doesnt matter with what you compare it  B)

433250[/snapback]

no I said "it's a hell of a lot more psy" meaning "it's a hell of a lot more psy".. cos many people regard "full on" as "psy".. I wasn't talking about the level of psychadelia..

bought antistat when it came out, hated it, haven't listened to their other stuff since.

433276[/snapback]

I bought Antistat when it came out too, and loved it, although I was getting into the Spirallianz album a bit more. Whether or not you consider it techno, and I'll admit that it has some techno elements, or, rather, that it walks that interesting line between trance and techno, I've rarely heard a similar knack for ingenuity in this genre than with the Midimiliz/Spirallianz guys.

The only thing I don't have is Stereopark. How does it compare?

As usual I agree with pr0fane.

In addition, I only really liked "Restore My Soul" from Antistat, and a few tracks here and there from Passages. I think Stereopark is the top album of the bunch. They have some amazing singles, but I don't find Midi Miliz puts that kind of material on their albums... Cyclic Structures for example. Brilliant tune! Back in the day I really got into Cream as well...

it's a hell of a lot more psy than any full on don't you think?

433236[/snapback]

it's indeed very psychedelic, perfect for homelisting when you are in the mood,

more psychedelic then fullon ???

well that's an imo I say ;)

but I like it,

In the concept of minimal they actually rule, true :)

Guest The Journey Man Project
:lol: @ this being called techno... have you actually heard techno? Real minimal techno? :lol: real techno is nothing more than droning beats from a 909, maybe a few tiny little sounds but rarely any and some samples voices... to call Midi Miliz techno is a bloody joke!! Tech Trance maybe or their new stuff Electro Tech Trance hehe... but to call them straight up techno is soooo wrong... and if you have heard or seen them play live, you would know they make most of the twisted "dark" psy seem like pussy music... :lol:

:lol: @ this being called techno... have you actually heard techno?  Real minimal techno? :lol:  real techno is nothing more than droning beats from a 909, maybe a few tiny little sounds but rarely any and some samples voices... to call Midi Miliz techno is a bloody joke!!  Tech Trance maybe or their new stuff Electro Tech Trance hehe... but to call them straight up techno is soooo wrong... and if you have heard or seen them play live, you would know they make most of the twisted "dark" psy seem like pussy music... :lol:

433389[/snapback]

well calling them techno is indeed a bit too far,

but if you listen to all psychedelic trance ever released they are the most direction techno,

so people who don't like them just call it techno cause they don't understand ;)

Most of the popular techno of today, usually just uses the Roland TR-909 ,TB-303, sometimes the TR-808, and perhaps some Junos, in attempt to sound like some rythm machine. However, there is alot of techno that necessarily isn't tech-trance that sounds interesting, particularly because it doesn't limit itself to those instruments to sound like straight-up dance music, but attempts to sound more machine-like and interesting, even if it still almost exclusively rythmic. However, I haven't heard stuff like that in a long time.

As for Midimiliz, I heard a few of their tunes, and I liked their stuff, although their stuff sounds more akin to dark techno, perhaps even industrial techno, than psychedelic tech-trance.

there's some amazing techno out there these days, glitchy minimal stuff, that goes far beyond a lot of the so called "psy-techno."

having said that, Midi Miliz/Spirallianz have put out some excellent tunes, especially the more glitchy and less dark industrial stuff.