I had a lecture about Goa/Psy today

With a friend in class infront of mostly rock oriented students. We started from the early techno/electronica and moved to Goa and then finally Psy and Full-On. In the end of the lecture we play Gamma Goblins from the Deranger album by Hallucinogen.

One of the students that isn't familiar with Psy that much said that this track was several levels beyond all the other nonsense we played before (Astral Projection, MFG, Infected Mushroom, Electric Universe and more) and he asked was it really necessary to take us through all the silly trance and to keep the worthy things till the very end.

Discuss?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With a friend in class infront of mostly rock oriented students. We started from the early techno/electronica and moved to Goa and then finally Psy and Full-On. In the end of the lecture we play Gamma Goblins from the Deranger album by Hallucinogen.

One of the students that isn't familiar with Psy that much said that this track was several levels beyond all the other nonsense we played before (Astral Projection, MFG, Infected Mushroom, Electric Universe and more) and he asked was it really necessary to take us through all the silly trance and to keep the worthy things till the very end.

Discuss?

426254[/snapback]

Once again it's established that Posford rules, no further discussion needed.

The next posford topic :D

how i said in the other threads simon knows how to use the synths and he does really complex music with atmospheres, interesting percussion and interesting synthsounds that not much other artists do but i find his music far to dark for me and not uplifting enough, except some tracks like LSD for example.

Discuss?

426254[/snapback]

You should have played skazi instead of hallucinogen... :angry:

Discuss?

426254[/snapback]

nothing special, i guess that guy's brain was set on "Hallucinogen mood". i don't know what you played from AP, IM, etc ... but you sort of presented different styles. you offered variety and people chose according to their mood at that moment.

for me, Hallucinogen's stuff is great, when the mood is right. the rest of the time, i'm like whatever dude.

for curiosity, i would have asked them what did they think of the tracks you played and which one they liked best. and THEN draw a few conclusions. don't generalise over 1 opinnion.

Edit: now the mood is right, so np: snakey shaker :D

shall i put a "Warning, Hallucinogen inside" note in each thread's title from now on for you GSH? :D

.. it's just a phase .. it's just a phase ..

to be honest, i'm pretty sick of the Hallucinogen praising myself. there's nothing new to discuss after all. well, he seems cute, which helps. :lol:

shall i put a "Warning, Hallucinogen inside" note in each thread's title from now on for you GSH? :D

.. it's just a phase .. it's just a phase ..

to be honest, i'm pretty sick of the Hallucinogen praising myself. there's nothing new to discuss after all. well, he seems cute, which helps.  :lol:

426509[/snapback]

hehe, you remind me of my sisters when they talk about their favorite football team during worldcup, they always root for italy, because "the players are so cute and handsome".

btw, Posford looks like a complete dork, IMHO

IM SICK OF ALL THIS POSFORD DICKSUCKING!!!! AAARRRRRGGGHHHH!!!! He does some cool stuff, but hes nothing special. There is so much better less plastic sounding stuff out there!!! :angry:

426507[/snapback]

Your opinion has been noted. Given some time on your own we are sure you will realize your errors and sinfull thoughts.

Posted Image

Simon looks like a really slimey australian I used to live with and every time I see his picture i imagine him having school girls come to his house to "watch Videos"

by the way, what do you study where you have lectures on psy? the most psychedelic thing I had at college was chasing a white rabbit.

Guest Elysium

IM SICK OF ALL THIS POSFORD DICKSUCKING!!!! AAARRRRRGGGHHHH!!!! He does some cool stuff, but hes nothing special. There is so much better less plastic sounding stuff out there!!! :angry:

426507[/snapback]

word!

nothing special, i guess that guy's brain was set on "Hallucinogen mood". i don't know what you played from AP, IM, etc ... but you sort of presented different styles. you offered variety and people chose according to their mood at that moment.

for me, Hallucinogen's stuff is great, when the mood is right. the rest of the time, i'm like whatever dude.

for curiosity, i would have asked them what did they think of the tracks you played and which one they liked best. and THEN draw a few conclusions. don't generalise over 1 opinnion.

Edit: now the mood is right, so np: snakey shaker :D

426495[/snapback]

Moni your mood is most times right for the new in my opinion boring artists like artifact and so on, i listened stuff from new artists like ticon and all the other derango... in psyradio.fm and the stuff is really boring, easy to make and dark, nothing uplifting like the good oldschool music. I´am interested in that why you listen more the new stuff inste3ad the old, i don´t want be offensive

word!

426699[/snapback]

word^2!

Moni your mood is most times right for the new in my opinion boring artists like artifact and so on, i listened stuff from new artists like ticon and all the other derango... in psyradio.fm and the stuff is really boring, easy to make and dark, nothing uplifting like the good oldschool music. I´am interested in that why you listen more the new stuff inste3ad the old, i don´t want be offensive

426891[/snapback]

Derango easy to make. ok. go ahead and make it.

Hallucinogen doesn't just cut up samples and put them together! Ok, maybe his later works have been based on that but they're still groovy. And his earlier works may have sounded like plastic, but in that case, melting plastic polluted by crystal virus and heavenly scent.

Now i wanna come up with a funny "right in your face" comment to round things up (much like the one Trolsk posted earlier in this thread) but it seems I'm not in the mood so I'll let this cool self-ironic one replace that. Ok with you?