Dark melodic psytrance

krelmatrix

Alright, I've been mostly out of the whole harder side of psy for awhile now, but I've found myself occasionally wanting hear (and getting asked to play) something in that style. However, I'm sick of hearing the same CDs and playing mostly the same set (with minor variations) I've been playing for the last 2 years.

I'm looking for somewhat recent psychedelic trance with a dark feel, but I am absolutely NOT talking about this whole unmelodic killagggrrrhh deathspeed-darktrance wave that is so damned popular now (that stuff bores me to tears). No clowntrance or guitar-laden metal trance. None of this AzaxIronSkaziPsychoticDerangoMadness sound. I like melodies, so I guess I'm looking for recommendations in the 140-145 bpm range with non-uplifting, brooding, slightly sinister or dark melodies. And overall smoothness and flow is a plus. A few examples of what I'm talking about are:

Xerox & Illumination - most of their recent X.I. album (especially "Ghost in the Machine", "Night Shift" and "Assimilation of Reality")

MFG - Shining Faces

Sandman - Holy Flip

For me, some of the seminal "dark" psychedelic trance tracks are "Panic in Paradise" by X-Dream, most of MFG's Project Genesis album and a couple tracks from Ofer's Pigs in Space album - "Visitors (Part 1)" being my favorite if I'm remembering correctly. Maybe this gives a bit of an idea of where I'm coming from.

Any ideas? Am I being too specific? ;)

BATTLE OF THE FUTURE BUDDHAS

OK maybe not the demonizer album, but twin sharkfins and their 1990's compilation appearances, as well as some of the less industrial tracks on the schlab compilations.

I think you should check out the track Paranoid Sensation, by Terminator and Dark Shire. It's on a compil called Yes or No. The end of this track might fit you very well!

I also agree on artists like Ka-Sol and Penta. Check out tracks like Penta - Lost in Space.

My recommendation would be:

Neoris - Last Mission Of Atomic Submarine

that was the very best recommendation I got here when asking about a somewhat similar subject :)

Saikosounds sample here: http://ip23.dyn181.pacific.net.hk/29105.m3u

the new hydraglyph `kinetic´ on sanskara comes into my mind for melodic darktrance.

especially the title track `kinetic´ and the guitar track `condition black´ (here we have a remixed version, the original was even better imo) are two good examples.

Even though I love dark melodic psytrance, I am no expert connoisseur. Besides the recommndations already given, I would recommend some Bypass Unit and Cybernetika, who has posted on this forum some good melodic dark psytrance/goa tunes.

Ok here is the link where you can dowload his album

Cybernitica album

and here is the link for the topic where he posted if you need a better description

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=26490&hl=

I really think his music fits on what you are looking for.....give the men a chance

Its a great Dark melodic album, of the highest quality

Edit: I hope you wont fell ofended cause i wrote your project name wrong on that link :rolleyes:

wtf psyshop hasnt got any ka-sol cds???? :huh:  :huh:  :huh:

429181[/snapback]

There are no Ka-sol albums. However, if all goes as planned, one will be released on Suntrip ("melodic" style) and one ("night" style, possibly a double CD) on Schlabbaduerst. Both are planned for this year.

There are no Ka-sol albums. However, if all goes as planned, one will be released on Suntrip ("melodic" style) and one ("night" style, possibly a double CD) on Schlabbaduerst. Both are planned for this year.

429187[/snapback]

*feels embarrassed*

well the only ka-sol tracks i found were from two stone age records compis!

am i not searching good enough ? :unsure: