Wich realeses are considered rare?

Maxx

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Crop Circles CD single has sold for somewhere around 85 GBP.

420463[/snapback]

hehe, maybe so. I purchased Accidental Occidentalism for $35, Hypnorhythm

for 11 euros. Neither were allowed to 'breathe' for long though :)

I would imagine that the Gas CD on em:t would fetch quite a bit.

I love the fact I scored my D5 - Transdimensional CD in PERFECT like new but unsealed condition for $9.50 shipped :-D

Other rarities I have, well...I guess not, I got the Geomantik Prana LP for 4 BUCKS :) If I break it down in the lot I acquired it in of 40 LPs, yay!

Anyways, bah!

Aaron

some of my best finds.. Hallucinogen - Space Pussy 12" for $3.99

Astral Projection - Kabballah rmx on fluoro orange vinyl 12" (Transient) for $5.99 B)

I love scouring used bins in towns that don't know anything about psytrance..

hehe.

some of my best finds.. Hallucinogen - Space Pussy 12" for $3.99

Astral Projection - Kabballah rmx on fluoro orange vinyl 12" (Transient) for $5.99  B)

I love scouring used bins in towns that don't know anything about psytrance..

hehe.

420607[/snapback]

dmtreehax0r! i went shopping when i went to vegas for records at a place called zia. i found nothing for vinyl but a couple spirit zone releases. so i picked em up for 4 bucks a pop. i actually found the dimension 5 transdimensional release online from a record store that had it's inventory listed online from the east coast. i was actually amazed. because they had an astral projection album listed @ 20 bucks and the d5 album for 7.00 plus 2.50 shipping :) so i was like wtf?!

Anyways, glad to see you're around the chill...org :)

Aaron

ok, so here we go - DOWNLOAD IT ALL PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111AND FUCK EBAY AMAZON OR WHATEVER[uNLESS YOU ARE COLLECTING THEM LIKE UKIRO FOR EXAMPLE]

IF YOU ARE NOT COLLECTOR NONE OF THOSE RELEASES IS WORTH MORE THAN A REGULAR CD PRICE THEY ASK IN SHOPS FOR FRESHLY RELEASED CDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

phew

ok, so here we go - DOWNLOAD IT ALL PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111AND FUCK EBAY AMAZON OR WHATEVER[uNLESS YOU ARE COLLECTING THEM LIKE UKIRO FOR EXAMPLE]

IF YOU ARE NOT COLLECTOR NONE OF THOSE RELEASES IS WORTH MORE THAN A REGULAR CD PRICE THEY ASK IN SHOPS FOR FRESHLY RELEASED CDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

phew

420687[/snapback]

Posted Image

phew

420687[/snapback]

Your comment is true only on an extremely superficial level. There are so many

objections I have here that it is difficult to begin.

i) Some releases cannot be 'downloaded'

ii) 320 kbps compression is unacceptable to some people.

iii) Some releases have intrinsic value unrelated to musical content OR

collectibility such as media content, artwork, etc..

etc.....................................

yes, but i am talking about music, music for majority of this scene ;)!

and lets face the truth - it is IMPOSSIBLE for everyone to put their hands on cds/lps.

as long as demand is bigger than offer it is normal to download, in fact its only possible/acceptable way for lots of people, because not everyone can afford to spend day/monts/years tracing down their copies and then spen hundreds or even thousands of euros for their music records, and even if we all would be equall in our incomes the problem of rarity is still there. and as we know demand also isnt so big to make labels reprint/re-release all sought after records.

and lets face the truth - it is IMPOSSIBLE for everyone to put their hands on cds/lps.

as long as demand is bigger than offer it is normal to download, in fact its only possible/acceptable way for lots of people, because not everyone can afford to spend day/monts/years tracing down their copies and then spen hundreds or even thousands of euros for their music records, and even if we all would be equall in our incomes the problem of rarity is still there. and as we know demand also isnt so big to make labels reprint/re-release all sought after records.

420722[/snapback]

One comment:

You're one broke mother fucker :). Get a job!

Aaron

One comment:

You're one broke mother fucker :).  Get a job!

Aaron

420760[/snapback]

ha ha, youre right there, i must find job, bitch :lol:

If you OWN the releases you become part of the history.

That feels good.

Physical contact with a historical item is important to people when they care about it deep inside.

Best Wishes

Krell

420765[/snapback]

now thats a load of BULLSHIT ;)!

Krell - are you on Discogs? I'd luuuuuv to check out your collection - something tells me it's vast... If you're not on yet, well get busy!  :)

420776[/snapback]

Its around 300-400 CDs and a similar amount of vinyls if I dont remember wrong.

Most of the CDs have been pretty expensive, 20 Euro or so, since they were bought between 1995-2000 in Denmark as "Import CD" - so it did cost me a lot.

Hard to find time to enter all of them - A lot my CDs were actually stolen back in 1999, I got some of them back but not all - around 50 were missing - lots of "old and rare" releases, some of you guys would cry I think hehe :-/

The thing is, when you get that many CDs stolen, you might first notice the ones that are missing years after (they werent cataloged)... Sucks.

I mostly just buy music specificly for DJ sets now - in 2001 where I spent the most I would buy music for around 100-200 Euro every month which is what it takes to stay current.

If there were more gigs offered to me here in Denmark, that would still be the amount, but its pretty hard to get get gigs I think, unless you kiss ass and offer other stuff than DJing.

Im just too good to sink to that level :-) Id rather stay home then :-)

Best Wishes

Krell

420722[/snapback]

Having these records is not a human right. Likewise, having access to the music is not a right, it's a privilege. You can't demand access to it just because you're too lazy or can't afford everything.

I don't demand to be let in at concerts or movies just because I'd rather get in for free than to pay. If a train has all its seats fully booked before I get around to buying a ticket, I can't demand to be let on anyway, or that they should call in an extra train car just for me. But as soon as the topic is music, some people suddenly can't grasp this logic anymore. To continue the train analogy; You could perhaps expect them to add extra cars in the future if every departure is sold out, and likewise that labels print more copies of later releases if they see that everything sells out.

You can't have everything you want. If you can't accept that, I guess you're either 8 years old or have some form of intellectual handicap.

ha ha, youre right there, i must find  job, bitch :lol:

now thats a load of BULLSHIT ;)!

420812[/snapback]

No it really isnt - The main reason for collectors to buy stuff is to own it, so they can feel it, have it in their hands. Theres no glory in owning the first MP3 release ever made in the scene for instance.

But, if you own the first Goa Trance release on Dragonfly Records you can touch it and you have in your hands a piece of history which is dear to you. You can even protect it!

Therefore, collectors are often the most extreme fanatics. It doesnt have to be CDs either, it can be some of Goa Gils old DAT machines, an old custom backdrop you have seen in an old movie - Whatever..

What matters is that you own a piece of your cultures history, and as such you become part of it. This is important for the fanatics...

If you still think thats bullshit, well, then you try talking to some of the true collectors of different things out there and get it from them instead.

I would NEVER part with my CD or Vinyl collection, even though I think some of them suck musicly... The reason I dont want to is that they are dear to me, sentimental value - this is what its about.

This is also why people dont just download it off the net, because they truely, deeply care about the releases & every aspect of them. They want to have them in their hands and pet them! :-)

Best Wishes

Krell

Having these records is not a human right. Likewise, having access to the music is not a right, it's a privilege. You can't demand access to it just because you're too lazy or can't afford everything.

I don't demand to be let in at concerts or movies just because I'd rather get in for free than to pay. If a train has all its seats fully booked before I get around to buying a ticket, I can't demand to be let on anyway, or that they should call in an extra train car just for me. But as soon as the topic is music, some people suddenly can't grasp this logic anymore. To continue the train analogy; You could perhaps expect them to add extra cars in the future if every departure is sold out, and likewise that labels print more copies of later releases if they see that everything sells out.

You can't have everything you want. If you can't accept that, I guess you're either 8 years old or have some form of intellectual handicap.

420834[/snapback]

the main thing that i am talking about that its pitty that all those release are not available freely [anymore] and thats why i said that people should dload everything they cant get for reasonable price for their listening ;)

so your comment about "If you can't accept that, I guess you're either 8 years old or have some form of intellectual handicap." is irrelevant here and looks little bit too much in this subject, too heated.