• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just noticed that you and I are the only ones who have this one:

http://www.discogs.com/release/515814

...pretty rare record I guess? I like the cover art on it...  :D

PKS

414714[/snapback]

Yeah I have the other one too (BUG12 001), also by Alien, but I haven't submitted it yet. It has the same artwork style.

I don't think I would be mentally prepared for a listening session at ukiro's.. would just stand like this:

Posted Image

Very cool apartment, and wow! Is your girlfriend for real :)

I'm only a cd collector, altough I have a few Nova Zembla vinyls, and I have the possibility to get almost all early Goa Gill/Kode IV vinyls... If anyone is interested, just let me know :)

Actually there are MANY cds very rare, but most are simply forgotton in time i guess... I had the chance to buy cds as Rabtu Gawu or Survival of the Trippest II or Asia 2001 - Live at véry low prices (and later on ebay they were EXPENSIVE AS HELL again), can you imagine I bought the old Trance Mix nr 5-6-7 from Melodia in a shop for 10€? :)

My most rare cds must be the Blue Moon collection (BMCD004 is NOT on discogs yet, it's a very nice compilation)

http://www.discogs.com/label/Blue+Moon+Productions+U.K.

And well, probably some other very rare ones like Paradise Connection, all Asia 2001 albums, all RTTS cds including the lovely AMbient meditations, Color Box,...

and all the ones that are not on ebay yet (like 20)

But I have 3 huge gaps in my cd collection I want to fill, just like almost everyone else... :P First Transwave, the first D5 album and Accidental Occidentalism... Except for that I'm pretty much satisfied with my 800 cds, I was kind of addicted on ebay, but I bought some rare cds that were really bad so that tempered my buying rage a little... But a nice I bought cd (that not yet is on discogs) I just bought on ebay is this one:

Does anyone know more of it?

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

are these rare:

goahead 1.....a guy at a party sed it was worth 80 euro

x dream-we created our own happiness....best album from x dream

va a trip through sound......very good mixed compilation

420197[/snapback]

In short - no! All saw massive distribution from their labels... And €80 is outrageous... More like €5-10... Tops!

/DP

Actually there is an increased demand for the earilest Sub Terranean and Nova Tekk releases such as Goa Head. The price will also depend on where you buy it, but the going rate is in the neighboorhood of 20 Euro. 5-10 Euro would be a very good deal for the earliest installments and is probably more appropriate range for the latest ones where it wasn't even Goa any more despite the title. I agree 80 Euro range is reserved for rarities that are released by their parent label, not the licensed material released on comps such as Goa Head and Tantrance although like I said the demand for them is increasing by day.

X-dream-We created our own happines is a nice album and if you have the original Tunnel records edition it is worth some nice coin. Again, because of the relatively high volume of them released the price has not skyrocketed yet, but this is changing. Right now I estimate it's value to be up to 20 or maybe 25 Euro, but this will change in years to come. The same applies to Trip Trough Sound. Many of them are floating around now and I'd advise people and especially collectors to get it for an affordable price while they can. Blue Room is no more, therefore, the number of copies in existance is finite and this is one of their best comps.

There will always be people that'll say "I got it for 5 cents in the local second hand shop" which is great for them but this is not something to anticipate/expect. I'm talking about the current market situation and the way I understand it.

The first Symbiosis Records compilation, "Accidental Occidentalism", sells for roughly 250 euros. So yeah, some things are insanely high in price. Wether it's worth it is up to the individual to decide.

Transwave - Hypnorhythm EP on CD sells for 120-200 euro. The vinyl version was printed in MANY more copies so it doesn't go as high.

shit 250 euros,is that a cd?

420342[/snapback]

Yes....but that is extreme case. There aren't that many of them that sell for that high but many rarities will go for 30+ Euro. The price depends on 3 factors and they are in no particular order:

1) how rare is the release and is it in demand?

2) is there historical significance? if so what is it?

3) how did it stand the test of time in terms of music on it?

Example:

Dimension 5-Transdimensional CD

1) It is very rare and in high demand

2) This is the first album of D5. A true Goa trance classic many other albums/styles are measured against. It's also the labes first CD.

3)It still sounds as fresh and uplifting. Absolute melodic bliss.

The first Symbiosis Records compilation, "Accidental Occidentalism", sells for roughly 250 euros. So yeah, some things are insanely high in price. Wether it's worth it is up to the individual to decide.

420320[/snapback]

I say it is worth it, considering its rarity, not to mention the quality...;)

Yes....but that is extreme case. There aren't that many of them that sell for that high but many rarities will go for 30+ Euro. The price depends on 3 factors and they are in no particular order:

1) how rare is the release and is it in demand?

2) is there historical significance? if so what is it?

3) how did it stand the test of time in terms of music on it?

Example:

Dimension 5-Transdimensional CD

1) It is very rare and in high demand

2) This is the first album of D5. A true Goa trance classic many other albums/styles are measured against. It's also the labes first CD.

3)It still sounds as fresh and uplifting. Absolute melodic bliss.

420420[/snapback]

I'd also like to point out that it doesn't really sound fresh, to me. Too bad the general opinion is different. It's somewhat good though.

SFX - Rainbirds fulfills all except the last, and is a lot cheaper, so that's the IMPORTANT category.

#%$$$$$$$$%@%&$*##

no one really knows but I think it's more valuable than AO, D5, or Transwave,

possibly by a significant amount.

420450[/snapback]

I don't think so... I mean, it's just a single and hasn't aged well. :unsure:

Some pay insane money for it. BUT IT MAKES NO SENSE! Since they do that they should pay that for Rainbirds as well. But no.