Wich realeses are considered rare?

Maxx

so today i was checking out some cd´s at a record store and i found mysteries of the yeti part 2 and mfg the prophecy but i didnt buy them(i bought some others) but it got me thinking about rare cd´s.....are they considered rare? if not are there any other realeses that are considered rare,(or hard to find)what do you think?

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Prophecy is rare, if it's the Symbiosis edition.

Other rarities are Pleiadians - IFO, Juno Reactor - Luciana and Mystery Of The Yeti 1. There is a lot of those.

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

so today i was checking out some cd´s at a record store and i found mysteries of the yeti part 2 and mfg the prophecy but i didnt buy them(i bought some others) but it got me thinking about rare cd´s.....are they considered rare? if not are there any other realeses that are considered rare,(or hard to find)what do you think?

412746[/snapback]

Concerning Mfg-The Prophecy i don't consider it as rare coz was pressed a lot (maybe too much) in french version (with transpact) & for mysteri of yeti part 2 didn't it was re-released quite recently?

For me, rare would apply to releases from defunt labels which didn't get re-released or probably never will. For this check the discography of Blue Room, Spirit Zone & Novatekk (& all other big labels defunt), it should give you a good representation.

ok...what about T.I.P-feeling weird?

412775[/snapback]

If it's the TIP Records release, yes, it's rare. If it's the french distance/substance release, then it's not (i have too many copies of this still new in shrinkwrap lying around :-/)

Aaron

hux flux cryptic crunch - seemingly impossible to get any chances get at any cost considered one of the best

blue planet corporation-blue planet

jaia - blue energy/synergy not as rare as the above but i cant find it

pleiadians- ifo one of the best it is around but you have to pay for it

asia 2001 live - been after that for some time

early flying rhino releases can be difficult

anything from the defunct labels unless they have been rereleased

if anyone can help me with getting hux flux, blue planet or asia 2001 live

i will pay you alot for them?

jaia - blue energy/synergy not as rare as the above but i cant find it

413640[/snapback]

saikosounds had that one in stock a few weeks ago. and as i was told, good freakin luck trying to get hux flux, it may never happen. the koyote dudes have no interest in ever rereleasing it either i heard. and i would guess like 90% of the goa albums are pretty rare, except for the phonokol, inpsyde, and avatar rereleases... those are the only goa cds i could find.

hux flux cryptic crunch - seemingly impossible to get any chances get at any cost considered one of the best

if anyone can help me with getting hux flux, blue planet or asia 2001 live

i will pay you alot for them?

413640[/snapback]

I have Cryptic Crunch on vinyl. I'm actually not to keen on it. Give me a price and it's more than likely your's :) if you don't mind it not being the CD.

Aaron

Bah, those are all easy except Cryptic Crunch and Asia 2001 - Live.

Here are some tough ones:

- Crop Circles - Lunar Civilization - sometimes I doubt this even exists

- Various - Accidental Occidentalism (Symbiosis)

- Asia 2001 - Ra, Psykadelia, Live (Trans'Pact) + a few other Trans'Pact CDs.

- Hunab Ku - Magik Universe (Blue Moon ...)

- Various - A Party Is For Life Not Just For Xmas

- Bamboo Forest - Random Future (Flying Rhino)

- Transwave - Hypnorhythm (Step2House) and the Juggling Alchemists CD

- Dimension 5 - Transdimensional

not to mention various Japanese TIP compilation releases on

Nippon Crown, and Equinox/Pony Canyon such as 'Mu Clear' and Andrea

and Graham

The Trans'Pact ones come up sometimes. I've never seen AO, Crop Circles,

or Random Future on ebay or anywhere else. But this is only in 3-4 months of

looking.

And the Flying Rhino CD5" seem remarkably elusive for some reason. Especially the Space Puppy one.

Ubar Tmar - Eigou Kaiki is rare but I see it on Asian websites available.

I would venture to say that the Crop Circles CD is worth $200-$500.

Dimension 5, Hypnorhythm, Random Future, AO, Asia 2001 CD's all between

$80-$200.

Cryptic Crunch CD I saw diamonde7 sell for around 180$ while someone else

got half that or less.

The Japanese TIP CDs are worth less - maybe around $30-$70

Blue Planet Corporation CD - I found 1 copy for 20$ and another for 11 pounds.

The regular TIP Yellow, Orange, Blue CDs are worth no more than 40$ - maybe 50 for a sealed copy, with the Yellow being slightly more valuable.

The other valuable TIP CDs are the Growly Family (but more so for the vinyl)

and for some reason people seem to have a hard-on for Beyond Colour right now. Harder to find is Blizzard Of Ooze EP

and the Limited Edition vinyl Orange Compilation. There is also apparently a TIP22 (ep) - Labyrinth of Colours EP

on blue vinyl.

An interesting vinyl is Mu Clear which is pressed in Clear Green.

...enough...

\\n

and the Limited Edition vinyl Orange Compilation.  There is also apparently a TIP22 (ep) - Labyrinth of Colours EP

on blue vinyl.

413661[/snapback]

Not apparent, anymore i found out. Ukiro scored a copy on ebay recently for uber cheap. Damn ebay stalking. And damn you for that hypnorhythm steal, and that asia 2001 steal, and everyother steal :-D DAMNIT!@# Hahaha.

I'll trade records!

Aaron

Not apparent, anymore i found out.  Ukiro scored a copy on ebay recently for uber cheap.  Damn ebay stalking.  And damn you for that hypnorhythm steal, and that asia 2001 steal, and everyother steal :-D DAMNIT!@#  Hahaha.

I'll trade records!

Aaron

413664[/snapback]

Hehe, I snatched up Green Nunions CD for 9.99 the other day.

The vinyls I am after right now are:

1) BPC - Overbloody Flood (UFK93004)***

2) Mu Clear (Nippon Crown) - might be easy to chase down; not sure

3) Geomantik (4xLP)

413666[/snapback]

I have Geomantik. Mu Clear...I see rennis just listed that didn't he? I'm happy with the CD :> I'm actually trading out all vinyl at the moment for CDs, don't ask. I'll keep the ones of tracks not released on CD :-/. I'm just fed up with them I guess, hehe. It's been fun though!

I think you could get the Mu Clear pretty easily?!@ Who knows. Ask Rennis, :)

Aaron

Hehe, I snatched up Green Nunions CD for 9.99 the other day.

413665[/snapback]

Oh, I know! I found that *person* a week ago. But I did not browse their stuff carefully, I'm kicking myself now really! :( I thought all of their cds would have no inserts so I ignored em, yes! :(:(:((((( stupid 5.99 trickery! SHH! We must keep our sources secret :-D Okay, well, now everyone knows. ahahha! It's fun!

:)

Aaron

I have Geomantik. Mu Clear...I see rennis just listed that didn't he?  I'm happy with the CD :>  I'm actually trading out all vinyl at the moment for CDs, don't ask.  I'll keep the ones of tracks not released on CD :-/.  I'm just fed up with them I guess, hehe.  It's been fun though!

I think you could get the Mu Clear pretty easily?!@  Who knows.  Ask Rennis, :)

Aaron

413667[/snapback]

Aaron, I am just like you!! I first was after mainly vinyl, but now I realize it

is so much easier to collect CD's! Shipping is easier, you don't have to

flip the f*ck1ng disk every 10 minutes, etc.. Mainly the vinyls I want are the

12" with mindblowing tracks where I don't mind slapping down ther wax to

hear one particular gem.

PM me about Mu Clear vinyl if you have a second.

\\n

Aaron, I am just like you!!  I first was after mainly vinyl, but now I realize it

is so much easier to collect CD's!  Shipping is easier, you don't have to

flip the f*ck1ng disk every 10 minutes, etc..  Mainly the vinyls I want are the

12" with mindblowing tracks where I don't mind slapping down ther wax to

hear one particular gem.

PM me about Mu Clear vinyl if you have a second.

\\n

413669[/snapback]

no no no! I don't have thee vinyl version, just the cd :) i got it from masam dude on ebay awhile back along with orange and white. i noticed he had dumped another white one onto you :) but this time with the obistrip, wh0rd. I beat you at one guy, at least :))) haha. If I find a copy through one of the thousand web sources, that I know you search and myself daily *laugh*, i'll let you know. I think we should really get together and work on some code to have a music finding bot go scour the millions of used record shop inventories available all over the net. We've been finding some rather rare shit lately niobi! :) The excitement builds. Actually, I've been keeping an eye out on the lunar civi...shit for you. Cause I need something to trade with you :-P

Aaron

Oh, I know!  I found that *person* a week ago.  But I did not browse their stuff carefully, I'm kicking myself now really!  :(  I thought all of their cds would have no inserts so I ignored em, yes!  :(:(:((((( stupid 5.99 trickery!  SHH!  We must keep our sources secret :-D  Okay, well, now everyone knows.  ahahha!  It's fun!

:)

Aaron

413668[/snapback]

hehe, yea he is now offering a better package. I scored about 10 CDs from him.

I got OOOD - A-Live for $4, Shakta - Silicon Trip for $3, Phosphorescent Comp for

$10, some unheard of jaia CD with Orphee and Brainstorm both on it for $6... heheehehe :))

no no no!  I don't have thee vinyl version, just the cd :)  i got it from masam dude on ebay awhile back along with orange and white.  i noticed he had dumped another white one onto you :) but this time with the obistrip, wh0rd.  I beat you at one guy, at least :)))  haha.  If I find a copy through one of the thousand web sources, that I know you search and myself daily *laugh*, i'll let you know.  I think we should really get together and work on some code to have a music finding bot go scour the millions of used record shop inventories available all over the net.  We've been finding some rather rare shit lately niobi!  :)  The excitement builds.  Actually, I've been keeping an eye out on the lunar civi...shit for you.  Cause I need something to trade with you :-P

Aaron

413670[/snapback]

HAHA, I figured you would have deduced my handle by now :)

Yea, if you find that CD I'll give you some cyber and 2-3 items of your choice

from my collection :)

hehe, yea he is now offering a better package.  I scored about 10 CDs from him.

I got OOOD - A-Live for $4, Shakta - Silicon Trip for $3,  Phosphorescent Comp for

$10, some unheard of jaia CD with Orphee and Brainstorm both on it for $6... heheehehe :))

413671[/snapback]

I know, i looked! I shitted myself at what you scored. :-D That rocks! Good job Niobi! We shall clear out the good deals :-D.. Oh! And on your note above about records and shipping. CDs are far easier to deal with. I did score Transwave - Datura EP recently, for a hefty price (trans'pact). Whatever, it was rare enough for me to tackle it :) so i snatched it. I have ALMOST everything from transwave at least according to discogs. So why not?! Well, shit! I hate being a collector, hm. I want to trade! :( HEH!

Aaron (the in the mood to trade kind of dude)

no no no!  I don't have thee vinyl version, just the cd :)  i got it from masam dude on ebay awhile back along with orange and white.  i noticed he had dumped another white one onto you :) but this time with the obistrip, wh0rd.  I beat you at one guy, at least :)))  haha.  If I find a copy through one of the thousand web sources, that I know you search and myself daily *laugh*, i'll let you know.  I think we should really get together and work on some code to have a music finding bot go scour the millions of used record shop inventories available all over the net.  We've been finding some rather rare shit lately niobi!  :)  The excitement builds.  Actually, I've been keeping an eye out on the lunar civi...shit for you.  Cause I need something to trade with you :-P

Aaron

413670[/snapback]

I know what you mean about the BOT Aaron - it's senseless meandering around

manually. We just need a Perl script to parse entire sites for certain strings.

Same thing goes for ebay: just get a bot to scavenge it for intelligent strings.

When I found Hypnorhythm though, all I did was a search on 'Transwave' >> looked in 'Buy It Now Items In Ebay Shops' and there it was.

But typing in 'goa' didn't work since the seller didn't know what it was.

There are also programs that search for common mis-spellings; a frequent

one is: 'sphongle' - though ebay has built in filters now for certain things. One example is 'Pleidians' which it automatically corrects.

One trick I use is to search for track names in the message body. This gets around many, many possible obstacles.

\\n

not to mention various Japanese TIP compilation releases on

Nippon Crown, and Equinox/Pony Canyon such as 'Mu Clear' and Andrea

and Graham

The Trans'Pact ones come up sometimes.  I've never seen AO, Crop Circles,

or Random Future on ebay or anywhere else.  But this is only in 3-4 months of

looking. 

And the Flying Rhino CD5" seem remarkably elusive for some reason.  Especially  the Space Puppy one.

Ubar Tmar - Eigou Kaiki is rare but I see it on Asian websites available.

I would venture to say that the Crop Circles CD is worth $200-$500.

Dimension 5, Hypnorhythm, Random Future, AO, Asia 2001 CD's all between

$80-$200.

Cryptic Crunch CD I saw diamonde7 sell for around 180$ while someone else

got half that or less.

The Japanese TIP CDs are worth less - maybe around $30-$70

Blue Planet Corporation CD - I found 1 copy for 20$ and another for 11 pounds.

The regular TIP Yellow, Orange, Blue CDs are worth no more than 40$ - maybe 50 for a sealed copy, with the Yellow being slightly more valuable.

The other valuable TIP CDs are the Growly Family (but more so for the vinyl)

and for some reason people seem to have a hard-on for Beyond Colour right now.  Harder to find is Blizzard Of Ooze EP

and the Limited Edition vinyl Orange Compilation.  There is also apparently a TIP22 (ep) - Labyrinth of Colours EP

on blue vinyl.

An interesting vinyl is Mu Clear which is pressed in Clear Green.

...enough...

\\n

413661[/snapback]

Seems like you have done your homework...;) I agree with everything you say here.... I have been a mad man on ebay for many years myself...:) By the way, who are you on Discogs? This is me:

http://www.discogs.com/user/PKS

Here are some of the rarest ones I have:

Juno Rector - Luciana

http://www.discogs.com/release/61352

YAP

http://www.discogs.com/release/21439

Adrenalin Drum - Xperimental Goa

http://www.discogs.com/release/238540

Eternal Basement - Vivaldis summer

http://www.discogs.com/release/229775

Saafi Brothers - Internal Code Error (CDS) (The vinyl version is more common..)

http://www.discogs.com/release/211018

Solar Systems - Remote Viewers

http://www.discogs.com/release/165707

PKS (the collector geek) :lol:

Seems like you have done your homework...;) I agree with everything you say here.... I have been a mad man on ebay for many years myself...:) By the way, who are you on Discogs? This is me:

http://www.discogs.com/user/PKS

Here are some of the rarest ones I have:

Juno Rector - Luciana

http://www.discogs.com/release/61352

YAP

http://www.discogs.com/release/21439

Adrenalin Drum - Xperimental Goa

http://www.discogs.com/release/238540

Eternal Basement - Vivaldis summer

http://www.discogs.com/release/229775

Saafi Brothers - Internal Code Error (CDS) (The vinyl version is more common..)

http://www.discogs.com/release/211018

Solar Systems - Remote Viewers

http://www.discogs.com/release/165707

PKS (the collector geek)  :lol:

413682[/snapback]

Hi PKS! I have noticed you on Discogs :) You just compiled a very nice CD IIRC.

I use the same handle: 'niobium' on Discogs. Yes I have done my homework

and am learning very quickly. I'm still naive about some stuff. But in my small

corner of Discogs I am quickly learning to appraise the rarity and demand of

specific items.

Cheers man!

Mike

Well. That is perhaps the most impressive collection of CDs I've scrutinized. It looks like you have completed Symbiosis, Matsuri, TIP and others - you are also

one of the few people to have the Brainstorm CD5", Suraya Mela CD5". I can't go on...

The collection must be worth a house :) nice!

\\n

This thread makes me wanna look at ebay right now *runs off*

What's the price for v/A - A Party Is For Live, Not Just for X-Mas? I got an offer for 50 Euros once but I didn't sell it. What do you mean?